Bob Probert dead at 45

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5356462

One of my all-time favorite heavyweights. This sucks. :(

Wow. :( Didn't expect that at all.

What a warrior. I figured that guy could take a hit by a train and survive.

I hope Domi give his respects also.

Probert was one of my all-time favorite Blackhawks. What a shame that he died so suddenly, and in front of his family like that. :(

I have the video of Probert's breakaway goal, his skill set was underrated because he made a career out of playing tether ball with peoples faces.. Grimson on the other had made everyone duck when he took a shot (anyone remember his slap shot in game 4 from the '92 finals?).

His cocaine addiction was a culprit in some way, especially if he already had a genetic predisposition to heart disease. The cardiotoxic results of cocaine can stop a heart cold, and the lasting effects can be devastating. Wouldn't be surprised if he had arrhythmia or ventricular hypertrophy.

The legend that is Bob Probert's meat hooks will remembered and talked about for a long, long time.

RIP

wow NUTS...

whats even crazier

i searched up CCM Vintage on ebay

and this came up as the first result (as by my settings)

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-BOB-PROBERT-RED-WINGS-JERSEY-CCM-/300443759469?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item45f3d7f36d

jersey is mint no stains or holes except the p**s poor lettering....Probert's lifestyle took its toll, and with his father dying at 41 form heart attack he was probably predisposoed to this.....the hockey world lost a great guy who could not rid himself of his demons....had chance to meet him once in '99, he signed a hawks jersey for me...no hassle, nice signature, talked awhile as he waited for the team bus...all in all a player who did it all. Scored, fought and took time for the fans.

RIP Bob Probert... :(

I'm not too familiar with Bob Probert, but it's definitely a loss to the NHL world. Sad to see anyone die at such a young age - 45 and we wish his family the best. I have been fortunate enough to see some of his fights on YouTube and man, was he ferocious! :doh:

Unfortunately for Bob, he had an alcohol related issue and sooner or later, for anyone, things like that will catch up to you. RIP Bob, you'll be missed by the Blackhawks organization, fans, and NHL fans all over.

• 6 months later...

REALLY old thread, I know, but I just finished his autobiography he was writing before he died. It's called "Tough Guy" and is a real eye opener. Dude did some crazy stuff!!! Even til the end. So much booze, cocaine and women. One thing I particularly enjoyed about the book was when he was telling these stories, he really didn't name names. It was always "me and a hockey buddy" or "me and a friend of mine." I thought that was really great of him to do.

REALLY old thread, I know, but I just finished his autobiography he was writing before he died. It's called "Tough Guy" and is a real eye opener. Dude did some crazy stuff!!! Even til the end. So much booze, cocaine and women. One thing I particularly enjoyed about the book was when he was telling these stories, he really didn't name names. It was always "me and a hockey buddy" or "me and a friend of mine." I thought that was really great of him to do.

His father died 2 years younger then he was I believe.

I went as Zombie Probert this past Halloween.

Good times!