It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robitaille would be a superb choice, as would Jari Kurri. ;)

Kelly Hrudey.

Kidding.

I agree with Luc or Jari.

Kelly Hurdey...HA! Let me just grow my hair back down to my shoulders and get myself a nice bandana and I'll be set!

Gretzky will never, never, NEVER be on any of the jerseys I own. Whiny little twit. Robitaille sounds like a good choice though. I even found a place that sells ultrafil nameplates so I CAN customize this one!

Kelly Hurdey...HA! Let me just grow my hair back down to my shoulders and get myself a nice bandana and I'll be set!

I actually did a quick photo search to see if I could come up with a photo of Kelly wearing a headband of some sort with no luck. Back in the day when the Wild were announced as a team before they actually played, I was convinced our first year goalies were going to be Kelly Hrudey and Daniel Berthiaume. :unsure:

On second thought, go with McSorley. :fight:

Looking at the 92/93 Roster you got quite a few choices for that. You got a few players that didn't spend a lot of time in LA but went on to be pretty solid players like Zhitnik and Sydor.

First, happy birthday, lafountain!

Next, the latest (replica) in the collection, Martin Hanzal Red Deer Rebels...

hanzalf.jpg

hanzalb.jpg

I think the numbers should be a smidgin thinner, but it's darn close. It's hanging up, so if it looks distorted, that's why.

To paraphrase a line from Zoolander, that Hanzal's so hot right now...

hanzalf.jpg

hanzalb.jpg

I think the numbers should be a smidgin thinner, but it's darn close. It's hanging up, so if it looks distorted, that's why.

Thanks and that is quite nice. Seems like you got quite a decent collection of "Before they were Coyotes" jerseys, which is quite cool.

So how long before you acquire a Turris Wisconsin jersey?

hanzalf.jpg

hanzalb.jpg

Beautiful!

Thanks and that is quite nice. Seems like you got quite a decent collection of "Before they were Coyotes" jerseys, which is quite cool.

So how long before you acquire a Turris Wisconsin jersey?

Turris went to Wisconsin and they use a redwings-style jersey, which there are way, way, way too many of on any given night, so it's not a priority, but ya never know. Thanks to hockey overstock.com, I will have two more projects this summer, I'll just have to hope the players make the team or I'll be wearing them to preseason games, only. Who? You'll just have to wait and see. I have a Minnesota Gophers jersey that was going to be a Blake Wheeler-17, but he still has to sign a deal with the Coyotes, so it will probably become a Ballard-13. With Ballard, I'd like to find an Omaha Lancers jersey from 2001 that was black and orange in Ottawa-style, he played with them that year. If I really wanted to go nuts with this (and I'm not, already?), I would also need three University of Michigan jerseys to make Chris Summers, Kevin Porter and Chad Kolarik, but finding a perfect photo of their three-color vertical arch lettering has been hard and would be expensive. A Marcel Hossa Portland jersey is also an idea, but I don't know if he'll be back next season, so I'll wait. When I go to games, I likely won't be wearing the traditional Coyote jersey, which I have several of. :blink:

I have a Minnesota Gophers jersey that was going to be a Blake Wheeler-17, but he still has to sign a deal with the Coyotes, so it will probably become a Ballard-13.

I'm going to let you in on a secret. If you make it into a Ballard, and it's a white Nike jersey, you need a 2002 Frozen Four patch.

If it's a white Mission jersey, you need a 2003 Frozen Four patch.

The Gophers wore white in both games of both Frozen Fours so the patches were never worn on the maroon or gold jerseys.

http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/Categori...ategory=Patches

I can nearly guarantee you will not be able to find these patches anywhere, A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E, but at this website. If they do ever show up on ebay, it's likely the same person selling them or someone who got one from him and is reselling it.

Oh man...I LOVE that Red Deer jersey. I've been looking into them for a while now. It's too bad that hockeyoverstock.com doesn't have any because that jersey has been on my list for a while now. Did you have their team store customize it or did you go elsewhere?

I got a nice Pro Player authentic Rangers jersey today(cross another one off the list). No pictures though. At least not until I get the abomination scraped off of it.

Got another nice haul over the last couple of days with 2 items arriving from hockeygiant/overstock and 2 ebay purchases:

usa_auth.jpg

rangers_starter.jpg

wolfpack_auth.jpg

wolfpack_10th.jpg

The Wolfpack 10th Anniversary Replica was a surprise/gamble because when I ordered it there was no picture and it just said "third". I knew they didn't have a third this season and I had forgotten they had one last year so it was a pleasant surprise.

The Wolfpack authentic will become a #24 Callahan. The Rangers Starter, I'm not sure about - I already have another 2 Rangers Starter jerseys from that span that are awaiting numbering (#9 Graves & #27 Kovalev) so that one is kind of an extra so I might go with someone a bit out there like Esa Tikkanen or Mathieu Schneider. The Nike USA jersey was a surprise find so I'll have to take some time on that one - anyone know offhand the years that style was worn?

Got another nice haul over the last couple of days with 2 items arriving from hockeygiant/overstock and 2 ebay purchases:

usa_auth.jpg

rangers_starter.jpg

wolfpack_auth.jpg

wolfpack_10th.jpg

The Wolfpack 10th Anniversary Replica was a surprise/gamble because when I ordered it there was no picture and it just said "third". I knew they didn't have a third this season and I had forgotten they had one last year so it was a pleasant surprise.

The Wolfpack authentic will become a #24 Callahan. The Rangers Starter, I'm not sure about - I already have another 2 Rangers Starter jerseys from that span that are awaiting numbering (#9 Graves & #27 Kovalev) so that one is kind of an extra so I might go with someone a bit out there like Esa Tikkanen or Mathieu Schneider. The Nike USA jersey was a surprise find so I'll have to take some time on that one - anyone know offhand the years that style was worn?

I was thinking of the same dark Wolfpack jersey with Callahan as well. Dubinsky or Dawes could even be good possibilities. After the season the Rangers had, there were so many players pulled from Hartford that this seems like the right time to get a Wolfpack jersey to show your true pride at the Garden next season. Nice pickups there. I was even thinking of grabbing a Hershey Bears jersey while I'm at it.

The Nike USA jersey was a surprise find so I'll have to take some time on that one - anyone know offhand the years that style was worn?

It was not worn at the 1998 Olympics by the USA.

There's a possibility it was worn at the 1999 and 2000 at the World Championships since that basic Nike template was used in 1998 by Canada and the Czech Republic.

I know that style was worn at the 2001 World Championships for certain. There's pictures of it on Getty Images.

It was worn at the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002. The last time it was worn was the World Cup of Hockey in Sept. 2004. Those are the two main tournaments where it was worn that you probably would pick an NHL player from.

They wore their new style at the 2005 World Juniors later in December.

2001-2004. Final answer. Did I win the money?

2001-2004. Final answer. Did I win the money?

thanks for the quick (and thorough) response ... did I promise money? err ... well ... ummm ...

did some more picture taking...figured i'd show you a few.

jerseysv3023.jpg

jerseysv3024.jpg

Thornton Premier

jerseysv3016.jpg

jerseysv3017.jpg

Simon Gagne Swift...not sure if it's replica or authentic (did they have fight straps on those?)

jerseysv3014.jpg

Gwinnett Gladiators 5th Anniversary autographed by the entire team.

here is the rest of them. http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z216/hockeycam1344/

Oh man...I LOVE that Red Deer jersey. I've been looking into them for a while now. It's too bad that hockeyoverstock.com doesn't have any because that jersey has been on my list for a while now. Did you have their team store customize it or did you go elsewhere?

ArtCraft, had to provide illustrations. I'm glad it was an 11, easy, fast to make.

I'm going to let you in on a secret. If you make it into a Ballard, and it's a white Nike jersey, you need a 2002 Frozen Four patch.

If it's a white Mission jersey, you need a 2003 Frozen Four patch.

The Gophers wore white in both games of both Frozen Fours so the patches were never worn on the maroon or gold jerseys.

http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/Categori...ategory=Patches

I can nearly guarantee you will not be able to find these patches anywhere, A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E, but at this website. If they do ever show up on ebay, it's likely the same person selling them or someone who got one from him and is reselling it.

Thanks for the tip! My jersey is made by Koronis, maroon with a shiny gold shoulder yoke trimmed in white and black, which ends at a point where the number would usually be. I would take a photo, but I must leave for work now. I can't quite place the year; Ballard may not have worn this style, Wheeler better sign with the team that drafted him. :mellow:

Thanks for the tip! My jersey is made by Koronis, maroon with a shiny gold shoulder yoke trimmed in white and black, which ends at a point where the number would usually be. I would take a photo, but I must leave for work now. I can't quite place the year; Ballard may not have worn this style, Wheeler better sign with the team that drafted him. :mellow:

ugh Koronis ... the quality isn't horrible but they as a company are. I worked for college club team for a number of years and we had nothing but problems with Koronis after using them for nearly 5 years without incident. Suddenly they lose our order, then they claim they didn't get it, then they promise to rush it - finally in January (jerseys were ordered in August) the CEO says he won't be able to fulfill our team's order until next season.

Turris went to Wisconsin and they use a redwings-style jersey, which there are way, way, way too many of on any given night, so it's not a priority, but ya never know.

I went to my first game in Madison this year and it was a real eye opener. I may have posted about my impressions on the board at the time.

The Wisconsin home jersey is one I would seriously recommend seeing in person or demanding high quality photos before buying. I've never seen so many variations of a single jersey in my life.

Since that style has gone relatively unchanged since the beginning of time it exists in all levels of quality, from see through cheap-Arse mesh with screened on letters, nice jerseys with bad lettering, and bad jerseys with nice lettering to the scarce nice jerseys with nice lettering. Shockingly, brand does not equal quality either. They had some really nasty adidas jerseys that looked good on ebay low res photos, but when I saw some in person in the nearby shops, I was appalled at how bad they were.

Check this out and be sure to 'supersize' that image so you can see the thin, shiny, nasty fabric. Very, very telling from the see-through back view. Who knew adidas had their heads up their rears so far? :blink: I would have assumed better from a brand name like that.

Very nice pick-ups guys! :thumbsup: I hope to post some new jersey too one day. I have a game worn Bruins coming soon.

The Thornton All Star jersey looks hot. Also the Canada jersey is nice except for the small space for the player's name between collar and Nike logo.

Also the Canada jersey is nice except for the small space for the player's name between collar and Nike logo.

I had that problem after I got my Italy jersey customized. After looking at some pictures I noticed that logo isn't actually there on the jerseys worn by the players so I took it off with an Xacto knife and now it looks much better.

That is nice!