It arrived today

lafountain

Brilliant!, I don't think Gaborik wore the "C" until this season.

I was thinking the same thing as Dr. D and was just bored enough to look it up when I found out something about the Wild I never knew (and had never heard of another team doing). Apparently the Wild rotate the captaincy of the team on pretty much a monthly basis. From what I read they said Gaborik was the captain for March, April, and the playoffs this season. I know some teams have gone captainless before or had other strange configurations but this is the first time I've heard of a rotation like this.

As for having a 2007 Gaborik jersey with a "C", I can see how from a "purist" point of view that's not correct - but then again 99% of people who will see that jersey won't know and frankly I think it comes down to the enjoyment you get from that jersey. I've got a white Starter Ranger's jersey with Lundqvist on it because frankly I prefer the nylon mesh style jersey much more than the modern airknit CCM/Reebok jerseys - meaning I'll wear the jersey more often and enjoy it more.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know. The C came with the kit though and to be honest, I really thought that Gaborik was part of the rotation process they use but he wasn't until this year. D-oh. I don't care though. I like it with the C so I'll keep it there for now.

Great sweaters guys! You've all motivated me to get a collection going myself.

Slightly OT, but I was curious, how do you clean your jerseys?

Wash it inside out in cold water on the gentle cycle then air dry it on a hanger. I think that's the best way to do it.

Yeah I know. The C came with the kit though and to be honest, I really thought that Gaborik was part of the rotation process they use but he wasn't until this year. D-oh. I don't care though. I like it with the C so I'll keep it there for now.

He did wear the "A" in 06-07 with that style and wore the "C" in 07-08 with the Edge style.

You could always take the NHL shield off and reposition it after you find room for them both. I love that jersey. It's gotta be my favorite All-Star jersey ever. I just love that deep forest green. One thing I never understood though was why the felt letters and stars are only straight-stitched and not zig-zagged. Nevertheless, it's awesome.

Thanks for the Tip....I might try that! and yeah the jersey is one o my favs. second to the ones used in 02 and 03. I just wished they would use it during the next season so there might be a home version of it but there was the lockout <_<

Really digging that Gabs jersey too!

Thanks for the Tip....I might try that! and yeah the jersey is one o my favs. second to the ones used in 02 and 03. I just wished they would use it during the next season so there might be a home version of it but there was the lockout <_<

Really digging that Gabs jersey too!

Even with the lockout, they probably wouldn't have used that green jersey the next year and made it white for a home. The reason it was green was because the game was in Minnesota...and it would've been somewhere else the next year.

Niiiiice. I'm assuming that's a game-worn jersey since there's no Reebok tags in the collar and I also see what looks like a board burn on the left arm AND on the number 9 on the right there.

Niiiiice. I'm assuming that's a game-worn jersey since there's no Reebok tags in the collar and I also see what looks like a board burn on the left arm AND on the number 9 on the right there.

Yes,

it's game worn from the 3rd set of the 2006-2007 season.

Excellent!! Love those 2000 jerseys. Great wear on it too. It looks like that thing took a beating. Did you get it from MeiGray?

Nice one JustA, that thing has taken a beating, gotta love it when it looks like that.

Thanks guys! I got this one from a German collector. This collar on the back was ripped by Peca in the fight down to where the white area begins and was repaired afterwards. Both of my 99-00 gamers (McEachern + Tucker) have good wear and the McEachern has 15+ repairs.

Did you see the video of the Peca/Tucker fight?

I hate Darcy Tucker....... :angry:

Tucker is generally one of those guys that when he is on your team you like him, but when he isn't you can't stand him.

Perhaps....lafond, but i feel he also fires up the opposing team because they can´t stand him, and play harder because of his style of play, so the team with him on, will end up taking some crushing hits to other players........

Yeah, the Blues jersey is game-worn. From 12/2/03 and 1/29/04. Oar-sum.

Nice job on that Flyers jersey. I need your skills. I'm actually right there with you customizing one of my own NHL 2000 jerseys. I got the name and back numbers on today:

I think I put the numbers too close together.

Does it? Good. I was a little worried last night but they're on there now and I'm NOT taking them off. I finished it up tonight:

llasStarscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

lasStarscirca1999bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I'm happy with it.

Just got this in the mail today in a soaked package on my doorstep. Luckily the jersey was unaffected.

img0675hg8.jpg

Gonna probably put Selanne on this one.

Does it? Good. I was a little worried last night but they're on there now and I'm NOT taking them off. I finished it up tonight:

llasStarscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

lasStarscirca1999bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I'm happy with it.

Well I think the "A" is supposed to be alot bigger than this.