It arrived today

lafountain

One of my latest eBay treasures has arrived!

IM000913.jpg

Got this thing for $45 including shipping and handling. Everything is double-layer stitched and the name is on a name bar. It's absolutely beautiful!

Those are going to be sought after when time passes for their unique color and construction. Kind of like the Islanders Fisherman or Kings Burger King.

Isn't it heavy? For those of you unfamiliar with this style, the gold color is a mesh layer over a dark blue layer underneath, so it's a double weight jersey. I can't believe the players put up with it.

I also love the number font and the fact it's italicized as well. And that price! You can't get it customized for that. Great pickup.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are going to be sought after when time passes for their unique color and construction. Kind of like the Islanders Fisherman or Kings Burger King.

Isn't it heavy? For those of you unfamiliar with this style, the gold color is a mesh layer over a dark blue layer underneath, so it's a double weight jersey. I can't believe the players put up with it.

I also love the number font and the fact it's italicized as well. And that price! You can't get it customized for that. Great pickup.

Oh yes. It's a little bit heavier than your regular jersey, but that's what I love about hockey jerseys. The simple fact that it's heavier makes it more distinctive than all other jerseys and that's why I think RBK took away hockey jersey's individuality with the new Edge style ones. I'm very happy with it and plan on keeping it for a long time!

I really like that Preds mustard jersey and it's been on my list for a little bit now. It's like a burlap sack with a logo stitched onto it. Awesome! Fortunately, I have my eye on one right now...

A few weeks back, I found an uncrested authentic CCM Flames jersey on eBay which I eventually won. Then, a few days later, I found the accurate flaming C patch that goes on the front of it. I got the jersey a few days ago, threw a 75th patch on it and played the waiting game for the C to arrive. It arrived today:

aryFlamescirca1991CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I LOVE IT. Check another one off the list!

I ordered this today (these are stock photos)

nesbitt_front.jpg

nesbitt_back.jpg

Derek Nesbitt game-worn from 06-07 (Idaho won the Kelly Cup that year). He will be on the PHX Coyotes/SA Rampage this upcoming season.

Congrats on getting the Nesbitt, I know you were pretty sure that was the one you wanted from the Summer Sale.

Congrats on getting the Nesbitt, I know you were pretty sure that was the one you wanted from the Summer Sale.

haha thanks. I also added another beauty to my collection today (no pics yet though)

Thrashers practice jersey, authentic with fight strap and all, autographed by none other than Mr. Ilya Kovalchuk himself. $50...WHAT A STEAL!!!!!! I bought it from Coach Hartley :stickhndl: no joke.

Need some pics man! Sounds awesome. How did you land it from Hartley?

haha thanks. I also added another beauty to my collection today (no pics yet though)

Thrashers practice jersey, authentic with fight strap and all, autographed by none other than Mr. Ilya Kovalchuk himself. $50...WHAT A STEAL!!!!!! I bought it from Coach Hartley :stickhndl: no joke.

You bum, you shoud send that to me.

Just kidding, very nice pickup and addition to your collection.

Need some pics man! Sounds awesome. How did you land it from Hartley?

Yea it is. I got it from Hartley because my stepbro was attending his camp in York, PA. I came up to pick him up...and he was selling them. I jumped all over the oppurtunity.

I'll get pics and post them ASAP. I'm still on Vacay in PA, so I'm unsure when that will happen.

Just picked this up from HockeyOverstock.com when there authentics were only like $45:

IM000915.jpg

Thinking of either Ed Jovanovski with a "Decade in the Desert" patch or just a Sean Burke one.

Nice pick-up. How about customising it with Roenick?

Nice pick-up. How about customising it with Roenick?

I was thinking of that, but Roenick really didn't play long in this style and I'm more interested in someone who had a longer tenure in that jersey. I also wanted to advoid Doan, because that would just be cliché.

I was thinking of that, but Roenick really didn't play long in this style and I'm more interested in someone who had a longer tenure in that jersey.

Jovo only played 1 season in that jersey. I'd go for Michalek or Ballard.

Got a authentic white Wings Larionov today with the 2000 patch. I would post the pictures,but I always suck at that....

It looks okay to me. I compared it with another one I have and they seem to be the same size. There might be a slight size difference in the white trim but that's about it.

Well...I finally found it. The ONE jersey that had eluded me for oh so many years now. I even had to sell off about 12 jerseys just to justify buying it! Without further ado:

orthStarscirca1985CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

:D

It looks okay to me. I compared it with another one I have and they seem to be the same size. There might be a slight size difference in the white trim but that's about it.

Well...I finally found it. The ONE jersey that had eluded me for oh so many years now. I even had to sell off about 12 jerseys just to justify buying it! Without further ado:

Pure. Beauty.

Really, Brilliant!, nice find!

Very impressive!!!

Does anyone know if the Bruins put any name and number on those practice jerseys? I can't seem to find any pics.

2118358420054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

Very impressive!!!

Does anyone know if the Bruins put any name and number on those practice jerseys? I can't seem to find any pics.

2118358420054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

If I remember correctly, they put numbers but not names on the practice jerseys. I'm not 100% positive, but figured a little help would be nice.

Congrats on getting that one. Sold 12 jerseys for it? $$$$ for certain!

Got Neal Broten any Neal Broten plans Neal Broten for Neal Broten who Neal Broten to Neal Broten put Neal Broten on Neal Broten it?

Heh...who???

Actually I was thinking about Ciccarelli. The only negative for customizing is that now I have to find someone who has a green mesh nameplate. D-OH! Not likely, I'm guessing.

Oh and I didn't have to sell 12 to actually AFFORD it...it wasn't THAT much. No more than what I've paid for others anyway. I just basically decided to start selling some of my excess a few weeks ago and then I saw this on eBay so I got it with my sellers money. That's the result of finding someone who really REALLY wanted my Burger King and red Canucks 3rd jerseys.

That's the result of finding someone who really REALLY wanted my Burger King and red Canucks 3rd jerseys.

How much did they go for?

Amazingly, they both went to the same guy. He paid $430 for the Burger King one and $222 for the Canucks. I never EVER thought I'd make that much off of two replicas.