It arrived today

lafountain

Just arrived today. Authentic Capitals jersey from the early 90's. I'm a huge Capitals fan so I'm ecstatic that I finally have this. I've wanted one since high school. Still not sure who I'm going to put on it. I was thinking either Rod Langway, Dale Hunter (along with 20th anniv. patch), or Dino Ciccarelli .

capsjersey90.jpg

Also arrived today. Authentic Avs Jersey from 95-96 before Starter embroidered their name on the hemline. The lettering work on this is fantastic. Forsberg is one of my all time favorite players. It came with the 1996 Stanley Cup patch unattached. I'll have to look for someone that can put it on for me.

forsbergfront.jpg

forsbergback.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just arrived today. Authentic Capitals jersey from the early 90's. I'm a huge Capitals fan so I'm ecstatic that I finally have this. I've wanted one since high school. Still not sure who I'm going to put on it. I was thinking either Rod Langway, Dale Hunter (along with 20th anniv. patch), or Dino Ciccarelli .

Nice pickup. The old Capitals jersey probably has the largest gap between replica and authentic of any NHL jersey due to the difference in the cresting. The replica's patch pales in comparison to the larger, individually sewn letters of the authentic.

As for the player, no love for Bondra?

Nice pickup. The old Capitals jersey probably has the largest gap between replica and authentic of any NHL jersey due to the difference in the cresting. The replica's patch pales in comparison to the larger, individually sewn letters of the authentic.

As for the player, no love for Bondra?

Bondra is awesome, I just thought he might look better on the Eagle jersey since he seemed to rack up a majority of his points in that jersey. Still you don't see to many of the Red, White, and Blue with Bondra on it.

Your right about the replica versions of the Caps jersey. Seem like every version of the replicas has such a smaller front crest than the authentic. I think the closest replica I've seen to the authentic is one made by Mitchell and Ness. Now if I can only find the home version of this jersey in a 48 and I'll be nearly done with my Capitals authentic collection.

Bondra would be a good choice - but I know if I ever get an old Caps jersey like that I'd have to go with Gartner or Ciccarelli.

Awesome jerseys everyone, especially Brilliant!. Amazing Larmer jersey, very nice customization job.

Ahhh! All three are awesome!! I just love the old red Caps jerseys. Love love love. The whites are nice but there's just something about that red one. Killer.

That Nike Wings jersey is just screaming for a 1997 or 1998 Cup patch too. If you go 1998 though, you need the Believe patch too to make it top-notch. Is it just me though or do the numbers look a little fat? Nonetheless, it's still a beauty.

So, speaking of good pick-ups, I got this today:

ntonTitanscirca2005SPauthentic-vi.jpg

tonTitanscirca2005bSPauthentic-vi.jpg

My favorite player from what used to be my favorite minor-league team. Game-worn from the 2005-06 season. It shows EXCELLENT wear inside and out. I'm trying to photo-match it but I can't find any good pictures of him in action unfortunately.

There's one thing that keeps killing me about these MeiGray jerseys. The fight straps are always spotless. Does anybody know if they clean their game-worn jerseys? I mean, the jersey is OBVIOUSLY game-worn. I have the paperwork and there's more than enough evidence to prove it but the fight strap buttons are stainless. It's just odd that every single one I've gotten from them has a nice, clean fight strap.

ntonTitanscirca2005SPauthentic-vi.jpg

tonTitanscirca2005bSPauthentic-vi.jpg

My favorite player from what used to be my favorite minor-league team. Game-worn from the 2005-06 season. It shows EXCELLENT wear inside and out. I'm trying to photo-match it but I can't find any good pictures of him in action unfortunately.

There's one thing that keeps killing me about these MeiGray jerseys. The fight straps are always spotless. Does anybody know if they clean their game-worn jerseys? I mean, the jersey is OBVIOUSLY game-worn. I have the paperwork and there's more than enough evidence to prove it but the fight strap buttons are stainless. It's just odd that every single one I've gotten from them has a nice, clean fight strap.

Nice looking jersey, very unique looking shoulder design.

From what I heard, the jersey from Meigray are all washed. Otherwise they'd probably have a pretty smelly warehouse. ;)

Yeah, their design was really sharp. The shoulder yokes were supposed to mimic the look of the truss-work in the Lower Trenton Bridge...

Trenton_Makes_North_DSC_0004.jpg

...and then obviously the rivets along the hemline. It's really too bad that the Devils destroyed the nice history that Trenton hockey had when they rebranded the team last year. I was a really big fan of the team and boy did they keep me from going crazy during the lockout.

From what I heard, the jersey from Meigray are all washed. Otherwise they'd probably have a pretty smelly warehouse. ;)

Yeah I guess that does make sense. It would explain a whole lot too since, like I said earlier, ALL my jerseys from them have the clean straps.

EDIT: Okay, not ALL of them. I just checked out my Karpovtsev jersey and the snaps are salt-tastic!

That jersey is awesome. I've been planning on getting a Titans jersey for a while, I used to get a weekend plan for them every year until I started college and the guys I went with were too far away.

By the way, is that a twill nameplate?

It's really too bad that the Devils destroyed the nice history that Trenton hockey had when they rebranded the team last year. I was a really big fan of the team and boy did they keep me from going crazy during the lockout.

I wouldn't say they had much of a history, they only existed for 7 years and had one championship.

As far as rebranding the franchise, they are trying to attract more fans to the Devils organization and I can understand why they did that. Though I do agree with you, it is a lot different now, but I don't think it would be so bad if they had more stuff for the fans, I mean they are trying to attract fans but they haven't done much to accomplish it. All they've done is get rid of a lot of the things the season ticket holders enjoyed. They have pissed off a lot of their own fans in this process, even those who are NJ Devils fans just because they got rid of a lot of benefits.

Bertoli was my favorite Titan also...and yes i was EXTREMELY pissed at the Devils for making Trenton the Devils. Their reasoning behind it was total BS. "We want our players throughout our entire organization to feel Devils pride every time they step onto the ice." What a load of crap. Trenton has only 6 (at most) Devils prospects on their team. Do they honestly think the other 14 who are under ECHL/AHL care about Devils "pride" when they aren't even under contract with the Devils??

I do have a blank Titans that I got in the 04-05 season when i went up to trenton signed by Rosario Ruggeri.

As for favorite team...even when the Titans were around...gotta be my hometown Gwinnett Gladiators.

Bertoli was my favorite Titan also...and yes i was EXTREMELY pissed at the Devils for making Trenton the Devils. Their reasoning behind it was total BS. "We want our players throughout our entire organization to feel Devils pride every time they step onto the ice." What a load of crap. Trenton has only 6 (at most) Devils prospects on their team. Do they honestly think the other 14 who are under ECHL/AHL care about Devils "pride" when they aren't even under contract with the Devils??

Yea I think it's obvious the plan was to attract fans and to tap into the South Jersey market which is dominated by Flyers fans now. Though I agree it is lame to name a team after you when only a couple of their players are your property, especially with the way they seem to not really give a crap about their minor league teams.

Yea I think it's obvious the plan was to attract fans and to tap into the South Jersey market which is dominated by Flyers fans now. Though I agree it is lame to name a team after you when only a couple of their players are your property, especially with the way they seem to not really give a crap about their minor league teams.

I went to my first Titans/Devils game last year and it was enjoyable. There were some weird beers on tap and a great rendition of Sweet Caroline. As a fan of hockey in the NYC market, there aren't too many alternatives (i.e., cheap) to the pro game and I definitely plan to check out some more games. I agree with what's been said about the team name and hopefully it will be changed soon.

There were some weird beers on tap and a great rendition of Sweet Caroline.

RIVER HORSE!! Oh man, I miss River Horse on tap. That's a really good Jersey beer from Hunterdon.

I did a little digging last night and I THINK I've photo-matched my Titans jersey. I can't find many decent shots from the 2005-06 season but the one I did find has an interesting aspect:

bertoligamer1-vi.jpg

The white mark on his right arm looks like it could be one of the board burns on mine. It's not much but it's something!

Another eBay bargain came today:

Olympiquecirca1995CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

lympiquecirca1995bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Game-worn from either the 1994-95 or 1995-96 seasons(the LOA hasn't arrived yet) but this mother is HAMMERED. Scuffs, burns, holes, tears, team repairs, removed 'A' and a SUPER rusty fight strap! The logos and name are screened on as well! By far, it's the most worn jersey I have.

Game-worn from either the 1994-95 or 1995-96 seasons(the LOA hasn't arrived yet) but this mother is HAMMERED. Scuffs, burns, holes, tears, team repairs, removed 'A' and a SUPER rusty fight strap! The logos and name are screened on as well! By far, it's the most worn jersey I have.

Now that's what I call "game worn" with all those repairs, stick- and puckmarks.

Another eBay bargain came today:

Man you won't find a basketball jersey that looks like that, that's for sure. That thing looks like it's been through a serious battle. Awesome jersey dude.

Man you won't find a basketball jersey that looks like that, that's for sure. That thing looks like it's been through a serious battle. Awesome jersey dude.

Heh...you mean those glorified wife-beaters that they wear? You said it, man!

Here's some better shots of the wear:

hull1-vi.jpg

hull2-vi.jpg

You can't see it but the 'A' was removed twice. There's two outlines in two different spots.

hull3-vi.jpg

Big old team repair above the numbers where the shoulder meets the arm.

hull4-vi.jpg

Looks like the nameplate was removed and put back on.

hull5-vi.jpg

The collas is torn at the front and back and there's a ton of pilling on it.

hull6-vi.jpg

And of course, the fight strap.

When I took it out of the package, the smell hit me like a punch in the face. It STUNK. I'm weary about putting it in the washing machine so I just sprayed it down with Febreze. It smells like a scrapper! Awesome!

Now that's what I call "game worn" with all those repairs, stick- and puckmarks.

I like to call those types "game used up" :thumbsup:

Ahhh! All three are awesome!! I just love the old red Caps jerseys. Love love love. The whites are nice but there's just something about that red one. Killer.

That Nike Wings jersey is just screaming for a 1997 or 1998 Cup patch too. If you go 1998 though, you need the Believe patch too to make it top-notch. Is it just me though or do the numbers look a little fat? Nonetheless, it's still a beauty.

Thanks, I'm still looking for the old white Caps jersey in a 48 to add to my collection. I hope to have all of the Caps authentic jerseys eventually. So far I have the new Home Red and the old Home Black.

I also have some old authentic jerseys I need to finally get customized. A 1994 Leafs Away that I want to put Gilmore on and a 1993 Bruins Home that is either going to get Bourque or Neely. Can anyone recommend a good customization place that can get old jerseys right? I'm a stickler for accuracy.

Thanks, I'm still looking for the old white Caps jersey in a 48 to add to my collection. I hope to have all of the Caps authentic jerseys eventually. So far I have the new Home Red and the old Home Black.

I also have some old authentic jerseys I need to finally get customized. A 1994 Leafs Away that I want to put Gilmore on and a 1993 Bruins Home that is either going to get Bourque or Neely. Can anyone recommend a good customization place that can get old jerseys right? I'm a stickler for accuracy.

Exclusive pro

They made no mistakes on my fisherman and lightning 3rd jersey. You can trust their work!

Exclusive pro

They made no mistakes on my fisherman and lightning 3rd jersey. You can trust their work!

I will second that. I spoke with the one guy over the phone, he said he does the game-worn jerseys for some teams, so he knows his stuff. The only thing they screwed up on was my CCCP Tretjak jersey which they had to cut the font for. The font came out perfectly, they just made the letters too big despite the picture I sent. I called and they said they would fix it for free if I told them specifically how big I wanted the letters.

Great work and great customer service.

haha thanks. I also added another beauty to my collection today (no pics yet though)

Thrashers practice jersey, authentic with fight strap and all, autographed by none other than Mr. Ilya Kovalchuk himself. $50...WHAT A STEAL!!!!!! I bought it from Coach Hartley :stickhndl: no joke.

Yea it is. I got it from Hartley because my stepbro was attending his camp in York, PA. I came up to pick him up...and he was selling them. I jumped all over the oppurtunity.

I'll get pics and post them ASAP. I'm still on Vacay in PA, so I'm unsure when that will happen.

as promised...although 2 months late...here's a pic of me, my stepbro, coach hartley, and my jersey

100_3349.jpg