It arrived today

lafountain

My brother got a Pens Malkin jersey this morning...only problem is it was one of those Chinese knockoffs. My sister insisted it was the real thing. When I tried to explain this a few weeks ago, she ignored me.

Granted my brother doesn't care, but I would've been p-oed if I'd been the one opening that box. It would be one of those things where you gush over it in front of your family and then hide it in the back of your closet never to be seen again.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother got a Pens Malkin jersey this morning...only problem is it was one of those Chinese knockoffs. My sister insisted it was the real thing. When I tried to explain this a few weeks ago, she ignored me.

Granted my brother doesn't care, but I would've been p-oed if I'd been the one opening that box. It would be one of those things where you gush over it in front of your family and then hide it in the back of your closet never to be seen again.

Yeah, that's one of those things where i just wouldn't bother. If they like the jersey I guess that's all that matters. One of my buddies claimed he got an "authentic, Edge, player edition" Cal Clutterbuck Wild jersey at some store near the Twin Cities. He knows how I am about jerseys, but I'll probably just say something like "yeah, sweet jersey dude".

Oh I am a total alien in my family when it comes to jerseys...everyone else thinks one or two and three at max is enough but not me!

Anyways I did not get the jersey I wanted (Tom Kostopoulos Canes alternate) but my parents were already pushing me to go online and order it! Maybe they are starting to get it...

Oh I am a total alien in my family when it comes to jerseys...everyone else thinks one or two and three at max is enough but not me!

Anyways I did not get the jersey I wanted (Tom Kostopoulos Canes alternate) but my parents were already pushing me to go online and order it! Maybe they are starting to get it...

Ohhh, you need to get it. I remember us talking about it, but couldnt remember if you were getting an authentic or a Replica. I just ordered a size 46 Alt Blank from a guy on ebay. It might be way to tight but heck i wasnt going to pass it up for the price. If you get it done, i demand pictures!

Ohhh, you need to get it. I remember us talking about it, but couldnt remember if you were getting an authentic or a Replica. I just ordered a size 46 Alt Blank from a guy on ebay. It might be way to tight but heck i wasnt going to pass it up for the price. If you get it done, i demand pictures!

Will probably get a replica. I didn't get nearly enough money for an Edge. Someday...

And of course there will be pics. If I don't order the jersey this week it will definitely be next!

Well I got my christmas present early. The white 6100 coyotes from the fiancé. I ended up buying a few for my self pics when they arrive.

I would post mine but i got way too many i got about 10 and some still on their way :thumbsup:

One(TWO) of my grails arrived today... Team Thailand Nike jersey game worn in the 2000 asian oceanic U18 DIv II games by Captain Arthit Thamwongsin.. jerseys show really good wear.. I am blown away by how beautiful these are and think im one of the only people in North America besides the hockey hall of fame who has one of these!

2348554530101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2369304600101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2911762650101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2307701390101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

One(TWO) of my grails arrived today... Team Thailand Nike jersey game worn in the 2000 asian oceanic U18 DIv II games by Captain Arthit Thamwongsin.. jerseys show really good wear.. I am blown away by how beautiful these are and think im one of the only people in North America besides the hockey hall of fame who has one of these!

Those are some stunning jerseys, congrats on the pick up! I am truly jealous.

Congrats. Those look fantastic. Glad you got them. What happened to the numbers?

no clue about the numbers. Im guessing the jerseys were used quite a few times and they just faded out

Wow! I am truly impressed! What other grails are you looking for?

Hey Knuckler, welcome to the forums. Do you collect jerseys?

as far as what grails im looking for, heres a thread I made with some jerseys ive been searching for YEARS for..

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...40&start=40

I see you got quite a collection. I'm not much of a collector, only a few spengler cup jerseys and a few minor pro ones. But I am a fan of jerseys. As well as cards.

Merry Christmas to me!

Brandon Dubinsky Game-worn EDGE 2.0 2009-10 Set 1

001.jpg

002.jpg

BrandonDubi_Openingnight--10_3_09.jpg

More Pictures Here...

My first year with season tickets so I figured I would commemorate it by getting a gamer. Entire jersey is airknit except the back and the side panels. Also notice the sewn in reinforced elbows. Couple pucks marks and some nice burns on the sleeves. Also an un-repaired hole which I wasn't able to get a clear picture of. All tagging was removed including the size tag. Compared to my size 50 authentic, it's a little bit longer, the sleeves are shorter, and it's much, much wider. I was able to photomatch the loose threads on the crest a few times, including to a picture from opening night! Plan on holding onto this one for the long haul so now I'm looking for some sort of display. Any ideas?

Those Thailand jerseys are killer! Man, there's some countries out there that I would NEVER imagine having a hockey team and they are on that list. Where the numbers screened on or was it twill that was removed? I also love how the C is put OVER the original A. That's awesome.

And Mike that is an AWESOME Doobs jersey. I love it. You can see your first photomatch there on that loose thread on the front 'N'. Is there any wear on that thing? It doesn't look like much...especially since he missed so much time early in the season. One thing though; if I catch you wearing that at the Garden, there's gonna be problems! :D As for your display cases, I went this route and am very happy with the product.

Why are the back of the Edge jerseys a different material than the front of the jersey? The material on the back of the jersey kind of reminds me of a new football jersey

The Dubi is definitely staying at home. No worries there. Not much wear besides the stuff I posted in my photobucket. Two dark puck marks and another mark which looks like a faded puck mark on the bottom hem. Could be a stain of some sort though, not sure. Some nice board burns on the sleeves and a half inch hole. Haven't been able to photomatch any of the wear yet but I've photomatched the loose threads a few times. Stinks that he got injured and missed a few games, but there's still some nice wear on it. I'm very happy to have it!

The Dubi is definitely staying at home. No worries there. Not much wear besides the stuff I posted in my photobucket. Two dark puck marks and another mark which looks like a faded puck mark on the bottom hem. Could be a stain of some sort though, not sure. Some nice board burns on the sleeves and a half inch hole. Haven't been able to photomatch any of the wear yet but I've photomatched the loose threads a few times. Stinks that he got injured and missed a few games, but there's still some nice wear on it. I'm very happy to have it!

That is pretty sweet man! I really love my Korpedo Gamer and that was only worn in warmups! To have an actual gamer is amazing!

Amazing score! That is awesome. Congratulations on getting those. It must be a real challenge at this point to locate anything remaining on your want list. Can you imagine even trying to create your collection in the pre-internet days?

Those Thailand jerseys are killer! Man, there's some countries out there that I would NEVER imagine having a hockey team and they are on that list.

Thailand holds the record for most goals given up in a game, something like 92 or 93 to the ROK's junior team :blink: :blink:

Why are the back of the Edge jerseys a different material than the front of the jersey? The material on the back of the jersey kind of reminds me of a new football jersey.

Actually, the back panels on the EDGE 2.0's are the original x-trafil waterproof material that all jerseys used after the initial redesign. The back and side panels stayed the same while the front, shoulders and arms were changed over to the old air-knit material that the old 6100 jerseys used.