It arrived today

lafountain

I knew about CCM and Maska being RBK, but I didn't know there were CCM tags inside the authentics - never looked in mine because I never doubted one before. I don't think this jersey is fake because of the tag though - I just thought the tag would prove it.

The jersey is really bad quality. The stitching and embroidery is messy. The labels seem to be attached by hand with just a few threads. It looks and feels like someone took a replica and doctored it to make it look like an authentic.

I mean, I could be wrong (I don't know with all the new materials in the Sabres jerseys), but it's the lowest quality jersey I've ever owned, replica or authentic, so if I am wrong, I'm mighty disappointed. I'd rather it be a fake than this be the quality of jersey that RBK is producing and selling. I was expecting a beautiful, heavier duty, high quality, neat looking authentic. This looks like a what would happen if I tried to take a cheap replica and make it an authentic for a halloween costume. I don't really know how to explain what it is about it that seems off... it just doesn't seem possible that this is authentic quality, given the other authentics that I own, also made by RBK. It doesn't make sense. If this is authentic, I'd hate to see the replicas.

It's like, the stitching goes through in some places so that their are loose threads everywhere. The embroidery isn't clean or neat and looks really amature. I expected the jersey to be different from all of my other authentics, but I expected the same quality, just a different look. This seems like, if it is real, RBK must have been rushing the production of Sabres jerseys, at the cost of quality control, to meet the demand for them, since they were so popular all year. I don't know; I could be dead wrong - maybe it's not counterfeit - but if it isn't, I'm not very eager to buy RBK authentics from now on. It's just a poor quality product, regardless of who made it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I don't have my RBK's here to compare it to at the moment, but I feel like the label inside the neck, for example, is usually attached in a much more quality manner, with sturdier, more uniform stitching. Also the stitching that is attaching this RBK label is poking out the back of the jersey on the other side:

Picture029.jpg

Maybe it's just the sabres jersey because their the only team that got a complete new design. And maybe Reebok had to speed up the production coz they're the hottest jerseys this season and didn't want to have the customers to wait too long to get one of those.

Like, it appears that the areas of authentics that are supposed to be re-enforced are not. It doesn't look like the crests and shoulder patches are "z-stitched" on. I'm having a hard time pin-pointing what exactly is off, but it doesn't feel like I got my money's worth.

Perhaps you could take some detail shots of your authentic? The inside labels, the jersey inside out perhaps (that would be very telling), and maybe the fight strap? I don't know... I just want to know what I've got on my hands at least, and then if it is truly an authentic, I'll just have to come to terms with the poor quality and give up on my desire to own a Stafford jersey (no way I would spend $75 to get this thing customized - the jersey doesn't even seem to be worth that much) and I'll just bite the bullet on the money lost on a poor product.

Maybe it's just the sabres jersey because their the only team that got a complete new design. And maybe Reebok had to speed up the production coz they're the hottest jerseys this season and didn't want to have the customers to wait too long to get one of those.

Yeah, if it is a real authentic, than I have that suspicion as well, about speeding up production, but I'll be pretty upset if that's the case and it means that the jerseys are bad quality because they wanted to do it quick, rather than do it right.

Yeah, if it is a real authentic, than I have that suspicion as well, about speeding up production, but I'll be pretty upset if that's the case and it means that the jerseys are bad quality because they wanted to do it quick, rather than do it right.

I think we should be happy to own Sabres jerseys that are made in Canada. Who knows where the new authentics for 07-08 will be produced. Indonesia maybe, where the 2007 All Star Premium replica are made

Yours looks neater, but I can't see much difference... mine just seems messy. I'd be plenty happy, I just want to know that a.) I got what I paid for and b.) it's the real deal. Yours does have a different NHL logo on the neck label, which seems odd to me, but otherwise, from pictures alone, I couldn't tell. Hey, I hope mine is the real deal and that I'm just spoiled because of the quality of the regular authentics that I have (my most recent one from IJ is spectacular), but I just want to make sure because the quality of this one seems significantly less and this is something I obviously care about.

It arrived a few days ago and forgot to post it. This one is a team issued mesh jersey, made in Berlin, Wisc. Unfortunately this jersey is too big for me and I´m looking for a size 54-R. This jersey is 58-R

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2528254600054115799ovXTbJ

Yours looks neater, but I can't see much difference... mine just seems messy. I'd be plenty happy, I just want to know that a.) I got what I paid for and b.) it's the real deal. Yours does have a different NHL logo on the neck label, which seems odd to me, but otherwise, from pictures alone, I couldn't tell. Hey, I hope mine is the real deal and that I'm just spoiled because of the quality of the regular authentics that I have (my most recent one from IJ is spectacular), but I just want to make sure because the quality of this one seems significantly less and this is something I obviously care about.

I think it´s beause you're not used to the new material that makes the the jersey weigh like an uncrested NBA jersey :)

I took a couple shots of my Canucks 3rd authentic.

It looks like my NHL logo is the same as Victim's.

I also took shots of the strap and the stitching around the main logo. I'll have to post those seperately due to size.

Here's a shot of the CCM tag on the inside.

The date on the sticker on the inside of the tag says 27.10.06 leading me to believe that it was produced on October 26 of last year.

Here's my strap. Sorry the shot's not bigger but the space allowed wouldn't let me upload with the size I initially had.

The date on the sticker on the inside of the tag says 27.10.06 leading me to believe that it was produced on November 26 of last year.

if this is a date then the jersey was produced October 27, 2006, not November 26 ;)

I took a couple shots of my Canucks 3rd authentic.

Yes. THAT is what I expected my jersey to look like, inside. That's what I mean about little differences. I'm still not sure what to think now, having seen Victims' pictures, but I'm still not entirely convinced mine is genuine. Different picture on the neck label and it's attached differently. Plus the little size tag thing, on yours is attached to the seam underneath the label; on mine it's attached to the label.

Plus the little size tag thing, on yours is attached to the seam underneath the label; on mine it's attached to the label.

the Sabres jersey has no seam underneath the label, so they had to attache the size tag to the Reebok tag. It always depends on how the jersey is designed

if this is a date then the jersey was produced October 27, 2006, not November 26 ;)

Heh...yeah I caught that and edited it. And yes it's a Naslund #19 jersey.

Yes. THAT is what I expected my jersey to look like, inside. That's what I mean about little differences. I'm still not sure what to think now, having seen Victims' pictures, but I'm still not entirely convinced mine is genuine. Different picture on the neck label and it's attached differently. Plus the little size tag thing, on yours is attached to the seam underneath the label; on mine it's attached to the label.

Yeah I see what you mean now. That's really weird. Is that an IceJerseys purchase?

No, of course not. It's an ebay pick-up. I'd never accuse IJ of selling goods that weren't genuine. The more I think about it though, the more it's starting to seem like this is just a rush job by RBK and not actually counterfeit, which is possibly more disappointing. I thought the new Sabres jerseys, especially in authentic quality, would be really grand. Instead it looks on the cheaper side, in my opinion, compared to regular traditional authentics.

No, of course not. It's an ebay pick-up. I'd never accuse IJ of selling goods that weren't genuine. The more I think about it though, the more it's starting to seem like this is just a rush job by RBK and not actually counterfeit, which is possibly more disappointing. I thought the new Sabres jerseys, especially in authentic quality, would be really grand. Instead it looks on the cheaper side, in my opinion, compared to regular traditional authentics.

who is the seller of that jersey?

Is this supposed to be an authentic Reebok from the 2006-07 series or of the new design?

EDIT: Nevermind, I take that back. It wouldn't be a new version since those aren't available yet.

here are some more pics of my peters jersey. I sent an email to icejerseys to see about getting it fixed or exchanging for another.

dscf1943173837wi4.jpg

dscf1944173837xw7.jpg

dscf1945173837rs3.jpg

That certainly isn't up to our standards! I am surprised the jersey was shipped like that, but sometimes a sub-par production can slip through. Please accept our apologies and as you will hear in reponse to your e-mail, we will be happy to fix the jersey at our expense.

I can say with pretty much 100% conviction that your jersey is genuine based on what I've seen. As for the jersey feeling lighter/cheaper than an equivalent authentic jersey, I have to disagree. I weighed a 46 authentic Avalanche jersey (which I believe you were comparing it to), and it weighed 1.2lbs. The Sabres 46 authentic jersey came in at 1.4lbs - even heavier (weights are non-customized authentics). Trust me, what you have is what your beloved Sabres are wearing on the ice every night. I can also assure you that the players use jerseys that have imperfections such as loose threads, crooked nameplates, missed stitches etc., and they don't even bat an eye!

Woo hoo- went to Buffalo Friday night and got my Alt Pommy jersey (pictures to follow). I picked it up rather than having it delivered since I ordered it in September and it was only ready NOW. Still it looks great.

That certainly isn't up to our standards! I am surprised the jersey was shipped like that, but sometimes a sub-par production can slip through. Please accept our apologies and as you will hear in reponse to your e-mail, we will be happy to fix the jersey at our expense.

Thanks. I talked to Chris and I'll be sending it out today. The name and numbers themself look great....just a crooked.