It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

I think it's 100% legit. The CCM logo is way too good to be a fake. Perhaps it was a factory blank jersey that somebody crested and then had customized. Whatever it is though, it's definitely fixable. Keep an eye on eBay; you might find those appropriate patches there eventually.

yeah I'm not sure what I want to do with it. I paid a decent amount for it, more than I would have paid for a fixer-upper, so I may send it back. whats weird is that since it has the Gunzo's tag it has to have originated as a Hawks jersey and not a blank I think.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

digging the old Sabres jersey, looks great with the patch

WHOA. That's quite the haul. The Sabres and Bruins ones are the best though. You just can't beat those styles. Does the regular Isles have the silver shield thus meaning it's from 1999-2000? If so, you have put the NHL 2000 patch on there. It'll look that much better.

Got a few fresh pickups, including three that I got a while ago but never photographed or showed (the last three).

Nice haul.

Put some Lafontaine on that Sabers!

lTeamcirca1994bTacklaauthentic-vi.jpg

Ahh Joel Bouchard, the second liner of a bad bad Flames team.

digging the old Sabres jersey, looks great with the patch

Nice haul.

Put some Lafontaine on that Sabers!

I haven't yet decided about the blue/gold Sabres yet. Lafontaine is the obvious choice, but I may go the Pierre Turgeon route (traded for Lafontaine, played a few games in that style with that patch). I may also pull the patch, slap a 20th anniversary one over it (1989-90). I could pull it and put a 25th anniversary one on there, which leaves several options no matter how I do it.

Here's what my possibilities would look like:

1989-90 - Pierre Turgeon, Dave Andreychuk, Phil Housley, Alexander Mogilny, Mike Foligno, Scott Arniel, Ray Sheppard, Daren Puppa, Rob Ray

1991-92 - Turgeon, Lafontaine, Mogilny, Andreychuk, Ray, Puppa, Dale Hawerchuk

1994-95 - Mogilny, Lafontaine, Ray, Hawerchuk, Dominik Hasek

The variables are these. I loved Mike Foligno (I have a blank Leafs that may become a Foligno), but being in central Ohio, the new head coach is Scott Arniel, who I also enjoyed watching. I also am presently in possession of a couple of the 25th anniversary patches and thus wouldn't have to lay that expense out.

WHOA. That's quite the haul. The Sabres and Bruins ones are the best though. You just can't beat those styles. Does the regular Isles have the silver shield thus meaning it's from 1999-2000? If so, you have put the NHL 2000 patch on there. It'll look that much better.

It's a gold one, meaning 1998-99. Or, since it's honestly an extremely minor detail, I might make an exception to my normally stringent demand for absolute 100% perfection. I figure it's possible that the actual on-ice jerseys early in the 1999-00 season may have been recycled ones from the previous year with the NHL2000 patch added.

When I consider the options for the two Islanders, here's what I'm thinking.

1996-97 - Ziggy Palffy, Bryan Berard, Todd Bertuzzi, Trevor Linden, Zdeno Chara, Tommy Salo

1997-98 - Palffy, Berard, Bertuzzi, Trevor Linden, Zdeno Chara, Salo

1998-99 - Palffy, Linden, Chara, Salo, Roberto Luongo (preseason debut, #40)

1999-00 - Olli Jokinen, Chara, Roberto Luongo (regular season debut, #1)

These replies go an awfully long way toward explaining why I have a ton of blank jerseys and very few customized ones.

Heh...yeah it happens. I do the same thing actually. I come up with a list of way too many names to put on a particular jersey and I NEVER get to it.

I'd tell you who I think should go on the Sabres 75th one...but most of you probably already know who it is. :D

I got this today. Team Canada 1994 World Juniors Joel Bouchard jersey:

alTeamcirca1994Tacklaauthentic-vi.jpg

Needs more stripes. :blink:

Have not added anything in a little while, and what I just got might make Brilliant want to vomit, but I am glad to have it added to my collection now.

2873527990101580280S600x600Q85.jpg

2910633000101580280S600x600Q85.jpg

hmm, i would have chosen the old number 9 :stickhndl:

Also a good choice, but I hadn't added a Devils jersey to my Kovalchuk collection yet. Though in 15 years when his contract is up, I imagine the grand total of Kovalchuk Devils jerseys I will have is 3. Mainly due to the fact that the Devils seemingly will never change their jersey.

I was looking to swap my Sakic Nordiques for a Sundin but I ended up stripping the Sakic and turning it into this

2235168460105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2402253560105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

I have the Sakic kit for sale if anybody is looking to customize their Nordiques jersey. Check my for sale thread for details.

I also got this in the mail yesterday. I had to strip off the back numbers and reposition them because they wern't lined up with the nameplate properly but it was no biggie. This replaces the Joseph I traded away and knocks another off my list of trying to get one of every jersey the Leafs wore from 90 on.

2713865730105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2568968920105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

Got a couple new additions to the family.

DSCF0380.jpgDSCF0381.jpg

Sz. 52 old style Canucks Orca jersey. Will be turned into a #4 Bourdon rookie jersey.

DSCF03783.jpgDSCF03793.jpg

Sz. 54 Battalion Gamer, an absolute beauty (Grail jersey with major thanks to sungod661 for the deal.) However, if I can get everything for the kit, I'll strip it and have it done up as a Hodgson. I feel major trepidation about the thought of stripping a gamer, but my Hodgson collection needs it.

Got a couple new additions to the family.

Sz. 52 old style Canucks Orca jersey. Will be turned into a #4 Bourdon rookie jersey.

Sz. 54 Battalion Gamer, an absolute beauty (Grail jersey with major thanks to sungod661 for the deal.) However, if I can get everything for the kit, I'll strip it and have it done up as a Hodgson. I feel major trepidation about the thought of stripping a gamer, but my Hodgson collection needs it.

#4 Bourdon, good choice. :)

Nice Battalion Gamer. :thumbsup:

Wow; that's a killer Brampton jersey. I really like the design of that with the stripes on the arms. Is that their standard or is it a third jersey?

I have an indiero's white authentic hawks mesh that's beat to hell. I like it because it's the old style and hard to find, but it is too trashed to wear in anything other than pickup games. If you're trying to keep the 'incorrect' shoulder patches, I *might* be willing to sell the jersey and you can strip them off. My grail is a white Hull w/ the laced collar. I actually wouldn't mind if the hawks changed their RBK jerseys to that style.

photo1-vi.jpg

my grail has arrived! (non-gw at least) this is the jersey I've been after for years, watching Savy at the old stadium in the 80's is what really got me into hockey as a little kid, and I'm beyond happy to finally have one of these. stick tap to Brilliant! for helping me make sure this was what it appeared to be.

from what I can tell this most closely resembles an 86/87 mesh playoff jersey, that being the 2nd of 2 years that Gunzo's had the 'goalie man' logo and the 1st year the Hawks used the newer style fight strap.

2358963520105244266S425x425Q85.jpg2607885780105244266S425x425Q85.jpg

Wow; that's a killer Brampton jersey. I really like the design of that with the stripes on the arms. Is that their standard or is it a third jersey?

Standard home jersey. I love CHL jerseys, they are so unique.

I love the jerseys Shenanigans, especially the Battalions!

I received my package from IceJerseys today and once again disappointed, for the third consecutive time.

alfredsson1.jpgalfredsson2.jpg

- Captain's C is wrong

- Nameplate is a tad off center

- Sweden patch is a little too far to the left, I supplied a photograph of how I wanted it

here's a picture of the correct "C"

450ottsens081002.jpg

I think I could have lived with the other errors but the wrong "C" is going to really bother me

Ottawa wore the white jersey twice in Sweden, once against Pittsburgh in the 2nd game of the 2008 season and against the Frölunda Indians which was the team Alfredsson played for. He had 2 assists against Pittsburgh and a goal against Frölunda. It's a jersey I have been wanting to have customized for a while now.

I can see the error on the Captain's "C". Maybe you should send it back with more ref. photos?