THATS THE BANDIT MAN WHATS WRONG WITH YOU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I USDE TO OWN THE EXACT ONE (GAMER)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pinheadpuckguy, is that 40th D. Sedin a retail Edge 1.0 with an eBay 40th patch?

The numbers are all wrong on the Jets jersey. They should be a lot taller. The inside of the zeros on the arms should be solid too. Here's an example:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=718

The numbers are all wrong on the Jets jersey. They should be a lot taller. The inside of the zeros on the arms should be solid too. Here's an example:

That was my jersey i traded it for my game worn goulet 81-82

what i meant is if you dtrip it make it a berthiaume

also the gamer has no name plate the name is directly embroidered onto the jersey as all jets jerseys of the era

Picked this up in a trade with Krendelev. Super easy guy to deal with and very glad to have both limited edition Leafs jerseys in my collection. This one is an XL and is 1299/1927.

2836342020105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2067667990105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

Great Toronto Stpats pick up, it is going to take a lot of work to get my Leafs collection nearly as good as yours.

George, your Bandit jersey didn't have a nameplate? Because the one on the Classic Auctions site there has a twill plate which was consistent with all Jets jerseys up until departure. You are right about the letters being embroidered right to the twill though. Those 80's jerseys were pretty wild looking. I saw a bunch at the MeiGray Expo in July.

Picked this up in a trade with Krendelev. Super easy guy to deal with and very glad to have both limited edition Leafs jerseys in my collection. This one is an XL and is 1299/1927.

I'm glad you got it! Looks like that wantlist is just slowly fading away... What happens when you get them all????

The seller did describe the Berthiaume jersey as game-worn, but for under $100 I didn't take that seriously. I thought it was probably worn in a pickup game. The customization does seem wacky with the short stubby numbers. I thought no way they would make a game jersey look like this. Now I need to find some photos or video footage to get it matched up. It's a size 52, so that's a reasonable goalie size back in the day.

Just about all the gamers I googled did have taller numbers, but this same season 1989-90 Marchment had the same low short stubby number three with the same short twill nameplates and name font.

458.jpg

This 1989-90 Beauregard had sleeve zeros with holes in the red. Name and numbers are taller, so a different customizer probably worked on it. But it was the same season so maybe the zeros with holes were part of the specs that year.

34899b.jpg

I'm glad you got it! Looks like that wantlist is just slowly fading away... What happens when you get them all????

not sure really. I'm expecting to have a very hard time finding the last two and I still have to customize about 10 of my leafs jerseys. After all thats done I might start picking up Leafs all star jerseys.

Whoa, that Marchment jersey matches up PERFECTLY with the Berthiaume one. I think you just found yourself a legit match. Even the 3's on the arms match up. That one might indeed be game-worn. The wear looks light but it could still be a gamer. Going by the Beauregard one you posted too, that one has the newer CCM logo on the hem so maybe they switched fonts halfway or part-way through the season. Judging by those pictures though, I'd say that's a fairly solid game maatch. You should post it over on gameworn.net and see what the experts say.

New York Rangers Heritage Set 1 Mike Sauer. Worn for 7 games, and has some great wear on the arms! Its almost entirely made of the airknit material except for the back panel and where the vinyl retired numbers are pressed in. I F(&^*** love it!

2263463890107043032S425x425Q85.jpg

2517033240107043032S425x425Q85.jpg

2832598230107043032S425x425Q85.jpg

This also links to the webshots album I just set up, but will update as things come in and when I can photograph my collection (FINALLY) this summer

New York Rangers Heritage Set 1 Mike Sauer. Worn for 7 games, and has some great wear on the arms! Its almost entirely made of the airknit material except for the back panel and where the vinyl retired numbers are pressed in. I F(&^*** love it!

2517033240107043032HkaqGV_th.jpg

2263463890107043032ktOzNZ_th.jpg

2832598230107043032nSznIQ_th.jpg

This also links to the webshots album I just set up, but will update as things come in and when I can photograph my collection (FINALLY) this summer

Wow... that's a beauty

Picked this up from the River City Sale. Hope to pick up a few more from the sale. This is going to become a Phil Kessel.

5074673.jpg

5074678.jpg

BTW do the Leafs use Edge material or airknit on the nameplates?

Edited by Phil the Thrill

George, your Bandit jersey didn't have a nameplate? Because the one on the Classic Auctions site there has a twill plate which was consistent with all Jets jerseys up until departure. You are right about the letters being embroidered right to the twill though. Those 80's jerseys were pretty wild looking. I saw a bunch at the MeiGray Expo in July.

I stand corrected i meant to say theNames were embroidered directly on the name plate. Those Jets jersey are thick heavey mesh and are the heaviest gamers i have ever owned. the weight of it was nuts.

if ever you sell the Berthiaume i am interested.

52 is unlikely for a goalie shirt but not impossible he was 5'9 170 but the game i had was quite roomy if i remember correctly. Wether it is a gamer or not do not strip it !! its a beauty.

Picked this up from the River City Sale. Hope to pick up a few more from the sale. This is going to become a Phil Kessel.

BTW do the Leafs use Edge material or airknit on the nameplates?

Very nice, is that a 50? I wanted to buy the blue and white but they didn't have 52's. Hopefully they'll have them the next time they put them on sale.

The Leafs use Edge material for the nameplates not airknit.

This may belong in the deals and steals too. Picked it up for $19. Going to make this one into my Hero...Cody McCormick. Any thoughts on how to fix the cut? The first owner made the speed hole when he opened it.

2614607170106994228S425x425Q85.jpg

2432567060106994228S425x425Q85.jpg

2311799480106994228S425x425Q85.jpg

Also it has those super crappy screen printed logos on the sleeves is it possible to get those things off and replace them with stitched patches? Thanks guys

Why not leave it then? We all know that speed holes make the car go faster:

speed-holes-1.jpg

Maybe they make the skater go faster too. :D

If you're looking to repair the hole, I could do it for you. The thing is though, it'll be noticeable. What I do is put a small piece of fabric underneath it and stitch it all back together. It'd look like a team repair on a game-worn jersey. Also, if you could find the replacement patches and crest, I could get those on there as well. Contact me privately and we'll talk about it if you're interested.

Very nice, is that a 50? I wanted to buy the blue and white but they didn't have 52's. Hopefully they'll have them the next time they put them on sale.

The Leafs use Edge material for the nameplates not airknit.

Yeah it is a 50 fits me perfectly. I was hoping to get a blue one too, but they only had them in like size 58 or something. Like you said hopefully next time.

And thanks for the info on the nameplates.

if ever you sell the Berthiaume i am interested.

52 is unlikely for a goalie shirt but not impossible he was 5'9 170 but the game i had was quite roomy if i remember correctly. Wether it is a gamer or not do not strip it !! its a beauty.

I'm going to keep it as-is. I'll ask gameworn.net later, but it does look more like a gamer now. I'll keep you in mind if I choose to sell. Beauregard was 5'11" 190 and his gamer was a size 52, so I figured Bandit would be able to fit in this.

I also think the Stars jersey was a game-issued. Steve Guenette was a goalie for the K-Wings that year and I suspect this was prepared in case of an emergency call up to the North Stars. He never got called up and there's no wear on it. Too bad it doesn't have the 25th anniversary patch. I saw an old comment from Brilliant saying this was the only year the Stars wore ultrafil.

Very nice. They are sharp looking jerseys. Congrats!