It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

OK it didn't just come in but I was taking pics and figured I'd post it.

The Kings wore a one time 40 year throw back opening the season in Vancouver this year. I think it looks sharp. I like the old-time numbers only look.

And by the way in the realm of full disclosure it's my wifes. She's a huge Westgarth fan and this was a pretty special get.

WestiJersey001.jpg

WestiJersey004.jpg

WestiJersey003.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohh right; I didn't even notice the twill nameplate the first time around. Well, it's still the nicest Blues jersey they've worn since 1984. Where'd you have it done up?

Got this one yesterday, I bought it because it looked cool..not really sure what it is since I don't know much about college hockey, best I could find is it's U of Maine (obviously) from 2004/05? I'll probably end up throwing this one up for sale for $100 since it was an impulse buy and I want my money back..lol.

100_1366.jpg

Finally got this back....Brent Seabrook rookie!

thats rad! where did you get the Katrina patch, I'd like to toss one of those on my Dunc rookie.

Looks like they are reproductions. Here is what a real one looks like Vs the Ebay one. But if that is all that is out there it is not that far off.

2005HomeGameIssueKatrinaReliefFundGoertzen39Patch.jpg

419711304_tp.gif

This arrived this weekend. Not too shabby for $50! Gonna get a Stanley Cup patch and turn this into a Kipper. I'm glad it's in as good a shape it's in as it was stuffed into a cereal box and wrapped in a paper grocery bag to be sent.

th_IMG_3580.jpg

th_IMG_3581.jpg

it was stuffed into a cereal box and wrapped in a paper grocery bag to be sent.

......You're kidding right?

......You're kidding right?

I would bet hes not. I once got a blank Blue Jackets jersey in a Frosted Flakes box.

As long as the box is clean and big enough, I dont see what the big deal is..? I mean the guy had the courtesy to wrap it in a bag. More than I can say for a lot of the sellers I've encountered that just shoved it in anything that fits sans wrapping

edit: I recently got a box that measures out to 25cm x 18.5cm x 8cm, so about 10"x7"x3"

And thats not even the smallest box I've received a jersey in. Its close though

Yeah I don't see a problem with it as long as it's like one of those family sized cereal boxes, big enough that you're not crushing the ###### thing.

I've gotten a few jerseys off ebay recently that were crammed into tiny square boxes, one so bad I sent it back because the twill on the crest got creased several times. now when I win any jerseys I tell the seller to ship it flat or I'll send it back :fight:

I've gotten a few jerseys in square boxes that have come in good shape. One was the Islanders jersey I received from a forum member here, and the other was from Meigray. I guess it all comes down to knowing how to properly fold a jersey. I'd include the link to the thread on this forum on how to fold jerseys next time too if that helps lol

I had to chuckle. The box was slightly larger that the crest. They were careful enough not to fold the twill, so I wasn't too upset. They did a lot of shopping at ShopRite.

With the proliferation of free boxes from USPS, UPS, FedEx etc. I don't see why people are sending stuff in a cereal box.

While I won't leave a negative feedback on eBay for shoddy shipping material, I definitely won't give them 5 stars either. If I'm paying for the shipping and handling of the jersey, then I expect my money to go towards a legitimate box shipped by a reputable company.

With the proliferation of free boxes from USPS, UPS, FedEx etc. I don't see why people are sending stuff in a cereal box.

While I won't leave a negative feedback on eBay for shoddy shipping material, I definitely won't give them 5 stars either. If I'm paying for the shipping and handling of the jersey, then I expect my money to go towards a legitimate box shipped by a reputable company.

Agreed. I paid something like 10 bucks for shipping on an eBay auction and the ###### thing came in the thinnest paper USPS bag you could imagine, stuffed into what amounts to an oversized USPS envelope. I believe it was my Pro Player Liberty. Oddly enough, the woman I bought it off of knew how to fold it perfectly so that it would fit in the bag without damaging the crest. I wasn't happy when I saw the package, but when I opened it up it was fine.

I also got one that came stuffed into one of those big brown letter envelopes. $8 for shipping wasn't enough to pay for a suitable box?