It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

1 of 2 I'm getting this week from Denver Athletic, who once again did a stellar job

2846738170105244266S500x500Q85.jpg2290663880105244266S500x500Q85.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pickups! Where did you get the Knights? Should have put Tavares on it :thumbsup:

Ebay. Actually have a auto-ed Tavares green Knights alternate that was going to be stripped, will probably spare it from that fate and sell it off soon.

I'll probably strip it one day because it'll eventually drive me nuts, plus the numbers were done incorrectly for the time, the Hawks had that thicker black boarder back in the 80's, not when they wore Nike. I just need to figure out who I'd want on it, the team during the Nike days was not exactly my favorite group of Hawks, maybe Probert.

Craigslist is pretty hit and miss. I find maybe one or two decent items a year on the thing (it could very well be different depending on the team), and that's checking the entire thing. The fake market is worst than ebay, 99.999999% of what's on there is people pedaling fakes. With that said, most of the real stuff that's posted people don't seem to know what it is or how much they could actually get it for it so I have had a lot wins on it. This one was advertised as Sullivan Nike Hawks Jersey size L.

Kijiji is great because you can cherry pick for cheap ones, then ask for pictures and check here if they're good or not.

Ebay. Actually have a auto-ed Tavares green Knights alternate that was going to be stripped, will probably spare it from that fate and sell it off soon.

WHAT! That is like getting a Lindros ASG jersey and having it stripped to become a LeClair! Sell it!

Is that the same Rob Madore that's at UVM?

It is

BEFORE VERMONT: Madore played two seasons in the USHL with the Chicago Steel ... He went 21-16-5 with a 2.93 goals against average and a .912 save percentage in 2007-08 ... He also had one shutout on the season ... Ranked first in the USHL in saves (1,260), he was second in minutes played and he ranked sixth in save percentage ... In seven playoff games he posted a 3-4 record with a 3.21 goals against average and his .930 save percentage led all USHL goaltenders in the postseason ... He averaged 42 saves per game in the playoffs.

So here is what I picked this up with the prize money from this years Hockey Pool. I also consider it a late Birthday present to myself. WINNING! :thumbsup:

Authentic Team Canada Nike Swift Raincoat 3rd/Alt 56. Used in the 08 and 09 Jr's and Worlds.

DSCF4344.jpg

DSCF4341.jpg

DSCF4343.jpg

For the record. It arrived in a TINY plastic mailer. It somehow fit with paperwork! Reminded me of the old 80's a wind beaker that you can fold into nothing.

Nice pickup for your winnings, going to get it lettered up at all?

Yeah, but he was the only US-born player on that team that wore a size 58 so it made sense. Besides, isn't he your boy now that he jumped ship to York?

That's another reason I went with him. He was born and raised on Long Island. One of three New York-born Habs from that period with Higgins and Bouillon being the others.

Nice pickup for your winnings, going to get it lettered up at all?

I would like too but I'm torn on who to put on it.

Yeah, but he was the only US-born player on that team that wore a size 58 so it made sense. Besides, isn't he your boy now that he jumped ship to York?

He ain't my boy. I'd trade him for a bag of pucks right now if I could. I hate him, he sucks.

Love that Nagano Leetch, Mike. Those are possibly my favorite style of USA jerseys. The dazzle accents and the grey mesh sides that really make it different (in a good way).

Got this in the mail today too. Jeff will LOVE it because it has not one...not two...not three...but FOUR sponsor patches!!

DSC03975-vi.jpg

DSC03979-vi.jpg

Karl Dykhuis...former turdface Flyer...blech, I know but it's still beat to hell and a sweet looking jersey.

Got this in the mail today too. Jeff will LOVE it because it has not one...not two...not three...but FOUR sponsor patches!!

Karl Dykhuis...former turdface Flyer...blech, I know but it's still beat to hell and a sweet looking jersey.

Beautiful. Much better then what you posted yesterday lol (just kidding). I don't know what's worse the fact that you posted up a Habs jersey yesterday or the fact that it's a Komisarek :angry: