It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

Ok guys i never claimed to be a patron saint but i did do my duty to save a treasure from the evil wrath of who else : card companies.

So this is how the story goes I went to game 6 of the habs first round battle with the bruins. At the game i met a gentlemen who was from Boston who happened to be sitting right next to me. We got into a discussion about hockey during the intermission and he mentioned how he would love to own the Tim thomas jersey he was wearing that night. I told him it's funny he mentions that because i bought Carey Price's set 2 home jersey of this year. When i told him what i paid he absolutely freaked and said i was nuts. Then he told me how he own a A patrick roy 2002 all star warm up jersey. He won a contest from upper deck were he won a autographed warm up jersey worn by Patrick Roy.

Incredibly enough he had been contacted by another card company for the jersey. I quickly told him i was interested in the jersey and would be more then willing to purchase from him at what the card company offered. He said he was very happy to sell it to me on condition i show him my collection. So after the game i brought him and his wife to my Man Cave that very few have seen and he enjoyed seeing some of my pieces.

I actually became friends with him and he invited to go see game 7 in boston with him unfortunately i could not attend because of work.

so without much further ado here is my little treasure saved from the jaws of the evil card company!!!!!

the jersey comes with a letter from Upper deck and the fight strap has a control number which i have not been able to find in the mei gray population report. i think it is a nhl # not a mei gray number

The jersey shows no use

way to go man, nice save!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Save of the year goes to George; hands down. That's awesome dude. AND you got it out of the hands of a dirty Boston fan too! That's a 2-for-1 job there.

I took a little trip down to Byron's Hockeyland today to conduct a little business with Milt. I left without what I went with and came home with this:

alTeamcirca1992Tacklaauthentic-vi.jpg

lTeamcirca1992bTacklaauthentic-vi.jpg

Anyone who has any shots of him during his junior tenure would help me out IMMENSELY as this one should be a fairly simple photo-match.

Ok guys i never claimed to be a patron saint but i did do my duty to save a treasure from the evil wrath of who else : card companies.

So this is how the story goes I went to game 6 of the habs first round battle with the bruins. At the game i met a gentlemen who was from Boston who happened to be sitting right next to me. We got into a discussion about hockey during the intermission and he mentioned how he would love to own the Tim thomas jersey he was wearing that night. I told him it's funny he mentions that because i bought Carey Price's set 2 home jersey of this year. When i told him what i paid he absolutely freaked and said i was nuts. Then he told me how he own a A patrick roy 2002 all star warm up jersey. He won a contest from upper deck were he won a autographed warm up jersey worn by Patrick Roy.

Incredibly enough he had been contacted by another card company for the jersey. I quickly told him i was interested in the jersey and would be more then willing to purchase from him at what the card company offered. He said he was very happy to sell it to me on condition i show him my collection. So after the game i brought him and his wife to my Man Cave that very few have seen and he enjoyed seeing some of my pieces.

I actually became friends with him and he invited to go see game 7 in boston with him unfortunately i could not attend because of work.

so without much further ado here is my little treasure saved from the jaws of the evil card company!!!!!

the jersey comes with a letter from Upper deck and the fight strap has a control number which i have not been able to find in the mei gray population report. i think it is a nhl # not a mei gray number

The jersey shows no use

Very nice! :thumbsup:

Nice Lindros Mike! Very cool. Is that all screened? Next time you head over there bring me back some vintage Flyers sweaters. LOL!

Mike in 1992 championship game canada wore red, most of the pics i have seen has them wearing red. All the cards that are out there of 88 are in red. So i think still phots is your best bet hope i helped

I didn't even go that far into the archives. I stopped here at C for Canada! It's all dyed into the jersey though. Nothing is sewn on except for the nameplate. When I saw it, my jaw dropped because he didn't have it on his site. I figured what the hell so I got it.

Can't go wrong with Irbe!

No, you can't ever go wrong with Irbe. :thumbsup:

2897384560100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2045875970100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Save of the year goes to George; hands down. That's awesome dude. AND you got it out of the hands of a dirty Boston fan too! That's a 2-for-1 job there.

I took a little trip down to Byron's Hockeyland today to conduct a little business with Milt. I left without what I went with and came home with this:

Anyone who has any shots of him during his junior tenure would help me out IMMENSELY as this one should be a fairly simple photo-match.

Yes that is a great looking jersey would look nic ealong side my other Lindros items

Willing to sell??? Between you and sungod661 you guys have gamers of all my fave players.....you with the Lindros and him with all his Roy jerseys, plus the Lindros Nike he had.....I wish I had the money for those.....

OK, so I got this one in a few weeks ago, but didn't have my camera to post pictures.

Authentic CCM Boston Bruins Away Jersey. If ANYBODY knows where I can get an All Star patch for this that's as accurate as humanly possible I'd be greatly appreciative.

IMG_6033.jpg

IMG_6034.jpg

Next is one that I'm really happy to have and I can already tell it's gonna be one of my favorites.

Authentic Starter New York Rangers White Liberty Jersey

IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

I actually have 2 more to post, but they're at my apartment and I'm at my house now, so they'll go up during the week. I also have some non-hockey related acquisitions.

Authentic New York Yankees Home Jersey with 100 Years and 2003 World Series Patches

IMG_6048.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg

And a Swingman A'mare Stoudemire New York Knicks Home Jersey. Is it just me or does the NYK on the back of the neck look crooked? Would you send it back over something like this?

IMG_6046.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

Just think, if I had told you the post office left the Liberty on my porch and it vanished, I'd have it and you wouldn't :D...lucky for you it smells like a sewer and I don't want it.

Whoa, nice one. How did that come to exist? Did you buy a blank and have it crested and customized or buy it completed?

Also, we have reached 200 pages, so it's time to start a new thread so don't post any new pickups here, just responses until we close this thread down. Thanks.

Tell it to our dirty conference finals bid!

CJ grats on the Liberty authentic, nothing like having the real deal.

tb426, that 911 Messier is awesome - what's the story behind it? It's quite a coincidence you posted it today because I just got a companion jersey I'm about to go post in the "arrived 3.0" thread.