It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

why is pro players good?

The quality is tremendous, and I'd say that the replicas by Pro Player are on par from a quality standpoint with any authentics put out in the history of the league.

I see....... :thumbsup: how did pro player come out of nowhere to suply the nhl, and disapear into thin air a few years later?

what is the story behind this brand?

I couldn't find the article that was on here, but long story short. Fruit of the Loom which owned pro Player filed chapter 11 and stopped production of the jerseys.

Yeh - Fruit of the Loom owned Pro Player. They bought Starter's NHL contract to make jerseys, but only lasted for a single season before going bankrupt.

Pro Player made authentic on-ice jerseys for Anaheim, Boston, Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago, Colorado, Edmonton, Florida, Montreal, New Jersey, New York (Rangers), Phoenix, & Pittsburgh. They also made authentics for Columbus and Minnesota, though those never made it onto the ice.

They made replicas for all of the NHL teams. Pro Player replicas were amazing quality as well, many (myself included) consider them to be the best NHL replicas ever made.

To make an abbreviated story even shorter, Pro Player had problems supplying the retail end of the business. Having an on-ice product of extraordinarily high quality is obviously desirable, but if they couldn't produce enough to hit the stores, it was doomed to failure. This goes double for Minnesota and Columbus, who were both expansion teams that would sell more jerseys in the first year than most teams would ever see in a single year.

Thanks for the info........starter was/is my favorite of sports wear, not hockeys jersey, i have never had one, but their other stuff like jackets and such.

So first starter goes down then pro player right after, strange?!

i find it wierd that starter and pro player have some teams, some had ccm, and then nike made some, you would think it was the league who picked the jersey maker for the whole league?

I don´t think that ever happend in the other leagues like mlb and nba, that was allways the entire league, Russell, Nike, Champion, Adidas, that made the whole league uniforms, i wonder why that was and if it ever will happend again?

I think it was a positive for the league to have several different companies. CCM's problem was that they got the exclusive contract in the late 1980s and basically quit updating their product until airknit became the new wave. But not once did they make a higher-quality airknit, make a higher-quality ultrafil, or even attempt such things. The difference between a Starter mesh and a CCM mesh from the 1980s is unbelievable, and yet CCM had no interest in changing.

And then nothing did change until Reebok bought CCM, although, to their credit, Reebok has shown a willingness to work with the NHL, the teams, and the fans that CCM never did. For all of the complaints about Reebok, they're a professional organization whereas CCM was very much regarded as a needlessly small mom-and-pop operation that refused to modernize.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a few to add to my Flames Collection....I only took pics of the back since you all know what the fronts should look like

Starter Replica Jarome Iginla Calgary Flames Alternate

jerseys004-2.jpg

RBK Premier Autographed Jarome Iginla Calgary Flames Home with COA (The Customization seems a little off, but got it for a bargain)

jerseys003-1.jpg

CCM Replica Ronnie Stern Calgary Flames Home Jersey

jerseys005-1.jpg

CCM 550 Replica Dion Phaneuf Calgary Flames Home Jersey

jerseys006.jpg

RBK Premier Calgary Flames Home Jersey (Some ebay power-seller for used clothing had this for $14.99 buy it now)

jerseys007.jpg

To cancel out one of the Flames jersey, driving through Abbotsford i found these on sale at a store there...

CCM 550 Edmonton Oilers Home Jersey

jerseys002-2.jpg

Nike 2010 Team Canada White Jersey

jerseys001-1.jpg

2009-10 Montreal Canadiens Centennial 1909-10 Mike Camalleri jersey as worn on November 21, 2009 in a 3-2 shootout loss to the Detroit Red Wings. Camalleri scored both Canadiens goals. This was the only time Montreal wore this jersey style.

2704691040100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2308886830100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

I have a few to add to my Flames Collection....I only took pics of the back since you all know what the fronts should look like

Nike 2010 Team Canada White Jersey

Nice flames haul bro! I think you can fix the nameplate on the Sig jersey easy. not sure if thats the problem.

WOOTS on the Team Canada Jersey too!

Where did you get it? The vancover2010 website or auction on ebay?

I know the China Knockoffs of them jerseys have the red colors bleeding into the white. I want another Crosby in white and I'm very worried about buying one off ebay but If I don't i'll be paying upwards of $200

Nice flames haul bro! I think you can fix the nameplate on the Sig jersey easy. not sure if thats the problem.

I know the China Knockoffs of them jerseys have the red colors bleeding into the white. I want another Crosby in white and I'm very worried about buying one off ebay but If I don't i'll be paying upwards of $200

Yea, its the namebar that looks weird to me....

I got the Team Canada one from the Nike Outlet up here in Edmonton. They were on sale for $60

2009-10 Montreal Canadiens Centennial 1909-10 Mike Camalleri jersey as worn on November 21, 2009 in a 3-2 shootout loss to the Detroit Red Wings. Camalleri scored both Canadiens goals. This was the only time Montreal wore this jersey style.

That would make a sweet alternate jersey if they ever went with one. Sweet pick up Jeff.

Ice Jerseys still has them in stock with a discount if you get the pre-customized Crosby one.

Love the Canadiens jersey!

Yea, its the namebar that looks weird to me....

I got the Team Canada one from the Nike Outlet up here in Edmonton. They were on sale for $60

Take a look at the letter 'N' on all your Flames jerseys. The Iginla sig and the Phaneuf have the right 'N', it doesn't have a tail on the bottom right of the letter. Your horsehead has the tail on the 'N'

I just had an Iginla nameplate redone because of this issue. It was originally done by EPS, but I got a new nameplate from Great Plains Cresting, who does the work for the team. I'm pretty sure all customizers other than Great Plains have the 'N' wrong for the Flames font.

On the sig jersey, the 'N' is right, but white of the letters seems a tad too thick. Here's a pic of a game worn Iginla:

IginlaGWBack-1.jpg

Take a look at the letter 'N' on all your Flames jerseys. The Iginla sig and the Phaneuf have the right 'N', it doesn't have a tail on the bottom right of the letter. Your horsehead has the tail on the 'N'

I just had an Iginla nameplate redone because of this issue. It was originally done by EPS, but I got a new nameplate from Great Plains Cresting, who does the work for the team. I'm pretty sure all customizers other than Great Plains have the 'N' wrong for the Flames font.

On the sig jersey, the 'N' is right, but white of the letters seems a tad too thick. Here's a pic of a game worn Iginla:

Thanks, I was trying to determine what it was that didnt seem right to me, but i think you got it...The white is either too thick, or the black outline is too thin...both?

Argh, I hate the Meigray clearance section, I just spent 400 bills in the past 3 days, pics of the Blues vintages to come soon...and then a Flyers Edge, and Islanders' 2.0..

I think someone has a problem! :)

There's another one up now

Rangers Vintage

Sadly I missed that one as well :(

There's one already up on eBay for $250 - I made the guy an offer (much less than that) but still giving him a chance for a profit, hopefully I'll get that.

FINALLY GET TO POST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

So I bought 2 jerseys right before I went to school, and unfortunately both arrived after I left! Well the first one was a 1976-77 Quebec Nordiques WHA jersey that was worn when they won the AVCO World Trophy in '77 (their only championship as a professional team in Quebec by the way), which I got from flipping my Maple Leafs TBTC jersey to TMLFAN. Unfortunately I don't have pics as I didn't want to send it down to Atlanta and risk it to dorm room theft.

The second I blew my work bonus (yaay perfect attendance) to get this baby:

Heikkinen1.jpg

Heikkinen2.jpg

Illka Heikkinen 2007-08 HIFK gamer. Illka played 7 games last year for the Rangers and didn't register a point, but he's with the KHL right now. I love these jerseys, especially the shoulder logo (which became the main logo again in 2009). Shows some wear, but was too good a price to pass up. Plus he played for the Rangers so it fits within my collection!

EDIT: I did not get the Heikkinen directly off eBay. The seller had it at way to high a price. After he couldn't sell it he finally took my more than reasonable offer.

Just got these in.The Penguins came in yesterday and the Ciccarelli came in today (Which made my day go from great to better)

Penguins jersey happens to be team issued

2924322940104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2161848110104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

Ciccarelli (Autographed)

2384667470104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2657767780104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2867321860104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

Here are the twins

2860989590104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

Beautiful Ciccarellil's. Looking through your webshots album it's clear you are the man when it comes to ugly alternates.

OK so I'm not the only unemployed person in this place spending money where it shouldn't be spent? That's a relief.

That said, here are my two newest arrivals.

The first is a Jarmoir Jagr Pens road jersey (the black and yellow gold one). It has the 1991 Stanley Cup patch.

Jagrfront.jpg

Jagrback.jpg

The second is a purchase from Meigray's summer sale. I ordered it yesterday and it got to me today. Oh the joys of living in PA...just 2-3 hours away from Meigray's facility! This is a Dave Gove Albany River Rats road jersey from the first half of the 2007-2008 season. Gove came to the Pens via a trade in 2008 and was our captain in 2008-2009, but he had to stop playing due to a bad back injury.

Govefront.jpg

Goveback.jpg

and I bet the NHL shield and ccm patch don't pass into the hem and is all crooked.

Got this beauty in a trade but I'm going to strip it. The lettering has glacier twill as the top layer and the back numbers are not centered. Does anyone have access to the AVS original customiser?

I'm going to be dropping off a few jerseys there in the near future