ECHL

lafountain

The Cyclones can win the Kelly Cup tonight if they can pull off a win. I'll be in attendance wearing my favorite Starter Ranagers jersey to root 'em on.

LET'S GO CYCLONES!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cincinnati Cyclones are the 2008 Kelly Cup champions! I'm still in shock from the game.

Congrats to the Cyclones in being only the 3rd team in history to win both the Brabham Cup and the Kelly Cup.

While I am glad the cyclones won, i was actually kinda hoping it would go to a game 7 so I could watch them win in person on Sunday.

I didn't see the late local news last night, but I am interested to see how much coverage this gets in the Cincy area.

They made the front page of the Enquirer and were the top story on Local 12 and News 5 Sports. They've actually gotten pretty decent coverage in the playoffs. Hopefully their popularity will carry over into next season and create more Cincinnati hockey fans.

• 6 months later...

There is an awful lot of black and a whole lot of boring in those jerseys in my opinion. Drab and plain. It makes me wish for the old school all star jerseys. Bring back the orange and black!

1988ASG.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Cyclones are up on the Idaho Steelheads 2-0 in the Kelly Cup Finals. Hoping Idaho can head back to Cincinnati and pull out the games in Ohio. Let's Go Steelheads.

May not live in Idaho anymore, but still hoping the Steelheads can pull the series out and win their 3rd Cup.

Cyclones are up on the Idaho Steelheads 2-0 in the Kelly Cup Finals. Hoping Idaho can head back to Cincinnati and pull out the games in Ohio. Let's Go Steelheads.

May not live in Idaho anymore, but still hoping the Steelheads can pull the series out and win their 3rd Cup.

Here's hoping that the Cyclones make it 8 in a row. :thumbsup:

For the second time in three years, I watched the Cyclones hoist the Kelly Cup at US Bank Arena.

For the second time in three years, I watched the Cyclones hoist the Kelly Cup at US Bank Arena.

Even though the series was won by the Cyclones 4-1 it really could have gone either way. All 5 games decided by a single goal. It is a great feeling getting to see your team hoist the cup, I was at the game when Idaho won the cup in their first year in the ECHL, they won their 2nd won in Dayton so wasn't there for this one. Congrats to the Cyclones on a hard fought Kelly Cup victory.

Even though the series was won by the Cyclones 4-1 it really could have gone either way. All 5 games decided by a single goal. It is a great feeling getting to see your team hoist the cup, I was at the game when Idaho won the cup in their first year in the ECHL, they won their 2nd won in Dayton so wasn't there for this one. Congrats to the Cyclones on a hard fought Kelly Cup victory.

The Cyclones scored the game-winning goals with less than a minute to go in games 1 and 2. Idaho's goalie Beauchemin absolutely stood on his head in OT in game 3 to rob the Cyclones of a win. The Cyclones had I think 31 shots total in games 4 and 5. So yeah, it was a lot closer than the 4-1 series win shows. The Cyclones won the Cup in 2008 on pure talent; this year, they won by working hard, buying into the team system, and scoring timely goals. Either way, it was a fun ride. I'm thankful I got to see another championship at home, there's nothing like it.