webshots team lists...

Iced on the Island

Many from the glory days of the Oilers, and up to now....tomorrow will bring F, H, and K....as its a day off from work..... :)Oilers

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question? How can you afford to take a day off from work? :huh:

Most of this has been with me for the last 15-20 yrs....and as I started collecting mid 80's I had the opportunity to pick up loads for cheap when CCM lost contracts in the 90's, plus that was before ebay got this hobby all screwed up. Funny that anytime a team changed jerseys in the 80's and 90's the old stuff they couldn't give away :o ....we're talking stores unloading CCM pros (Kings, Oilers, Caps, Pens etc...for like $30-$40!) :o Anyway here is Florida

Yeah, really how many Florida fans are left??? Something a lot more appealing in the whale...but as previous post, these were never in that high of demand until they packed up and left for Carolina....Hartford

3 more up....WHA Indy Gretz replioa...KC( new arena, will it bring a team now?), and a heap of LA...WHA Indy, KC Scouts, LA Kings....first 2 nothing too special, some vintage collection CCM...Kings has lots of 80's/90's, some auto's, a couple GW's, some US Starter, and a pro 96 alt...next up Minnesota....

Where did you get that authentic Burger King?

I hope you didn't pay TOO MUCH for the Burger King... It's actually a doctored up Replica jersey upon closer inspection. The inside of the neck in photo one (Front of jersey facing camera) shows the white stitching which joins the 2 pieces of purple fabric while on the authentic (Game Worn) models this was one piece of purple fabric. In photo two ("GRETZKY" facing camera) You can see the fight strap has been sewn in to the jersey after the fact as the "X" pattern is a square and not rectangular like the CCM factory pattern. Also in photo 1 you can see along the seam of the left side of the jersey and it does not have the reinforced stitch lines running upward in contrasting thread. Also, as mentioned before in a previous post the Font used by the customizer was the right style, but was Bolded instead of Italicized most likely by accident. The double CCM BLOCKs and NHL shield are well done though and make it more convincing.

I am in no way trying to knock your absolutely fantastic collection, just wanted to prevent any future misconceptions as people easily get burned paying way to much cash for an altered replica and may use this photo as a reference causing future chaos.

In response to q's....set stamp in black Gretz....just photoing what there is to each as they were acquired, but considering what it cost as a double ccm, there is no way it was worn, also has a '99' crest sewn in and velcro patch on right side rear hem....as for the BK, this compared side to side with a replica and a pro is more appears as some sort of hybrid as the front king crest of the replicas is also a different darker shade of purple then what is here, there are a few of these out there, may be more of a promo item for the style. as it has been set up side by side to a friends replica inside and out and shows no signs of fabric or stitch removal/addition.....added forgotten item...30th anniversary Finn jersey

The shade is suppose to be a dark Purple and i think yours may be faded from the sun or something i had two replicas that were like that and were light Purple instead of dark and i sold them off because they were light Purple and i held onto my 3 replicas that have the dark purple

The shade is suppose to be a dark Purple and i think yours may be faded from the sun or something i had two replicas that were like that and were light Purple instead of dark and i sold them off because they were light Purple and i held onto my 3 replicas that have the dark purple

Shot I found of a pro the purple at the top (crown) is dark, while the beard area is lighter like what I have here. This may be part of the second release of this jersey style. In 96 these came out and were gone fairly quick(at the time there was not many and a low demand) at this time i had puchased a semi pro , but in 99 when Gretz pulled the plug, there were a ton of this style made available through various sports stores to promote his hanging it up. It would appear to be something in between semi pro and pro then....but with what cost and getting the auto from the man himself in the first '9', I don't think I can complain....still looks great on the wall...

Minnesota Northstars....those were the days of vibrant green...also includes "Stars" version w/o Texas shoulders....Hatchers from Dallas equip sale after move....miss the old black and bright green. Plans for the blanks include an NHL 75th/Stars 25th, and one with experimental font for names....Northstars

Keep it coming, have to get through to Nashville and clear these out of the livingroom before my other half is home....come back later Habs fans it'll be here...for now the WildMinny Wild

I like the North Stars stuff. The Modano and Broten are nicely customized with the black stitching. Did you send them in or buy them that way?

I like the North Stars stuff. The Modano and Broten are nicely customized with the black stitching. Did you send them in or buy them that way?

Broten from Rivercity...Modano off the bay....always wondered how does a team hit the final and say sayonara 2 years later....gree(n)d.....at least Minny got a team back...now just for Winnipeg and Quebec, looks more possible now than ever...and with Quebec, i offer Montreal, with some TBTC, some Canadian made Starter, and the 100th edge editions....Les Habs Checked out yours Jeff, nice collection! :thumbsup:

Preds are up, working through the All Stars...hopefully tomorrow....Nashville

Will be delayed, going to have to photo NJD, NYI and NYR before the allstars are put back or I won't be able to access those 3...any NJ, NYI, NYR fans??? Aside....funny thing with the Devs..its like people either love em or hate em...seems to be tense rivalries in the east conference....

NJD, NYI are complete...looking to work through the NYR tomorrow...NJ Devs, andIslanders

NYR is up...from late 80's to now...vintage CCM, Starter(US and non-US - that was the best they had...), Liberty, vintage line, some auto's and edge(yeah and there's a bootleg tiedown Gretz in there as well....put in some OT and got to Ottawa as well from the expansion to now.enjoy..NYR and the Sens

Have enough white Liberty jerseys?I thought i had a lot at 2 :D Cant wait till you get to the Coyotes and Lightning

Have enough white Liberty jerseys?I thought i had a lot at 2 :D Cant wait till you get to the Coyotes and Lightning

you know, not even a fan of the NYR, but you cannot argue with their designs as being timeless and tastelful....as far as the White Liberty, its one of my favorite styles in that nylon mesh. The problem when they came out is that(as with other teams) Starter's quality control stunk and there was a lot of red bleed into the white mesh(I think I personally returned 3 or 4 when they first came out)...that's why anytime I came across a good one I grabbed it(and the Blue in mesh too - love that Starter material)...and to find any Starter team in the US - Wisconsin version...don't know why they did the El Salvador/Honduras/Dominican thing or why the NHL allowed it... :noway: . If u buy a pro it should be where the team gets theirs...... :thumbsup:

you know, not even a fan of the NYR, but you cannot argue with their designs as being timeless and tastelful....as far as the White Liberty, its one of my favorite styles in that nylon mesh. The problem when they came out is that(as with other teams) Starter's quality control stunk and there was a lot of red bleed into the white mesh(I think I personally returned 3 or 4 when they first came out)...that's why anytime I came across a good one I grabbed it(and the Blue in mesh too - love that Starter material)...and to find any Starter team in the US - Wisconsin version...don't know why they did the El Salvador/Honduras/Dominican thing or why the NHL allowed it... :noway: . If u buy a pro it should be where the team gets theirs...... :thumbsup:

I love those White Liberty's but you just can't find them now a days :(

You have waaaay too many Rangers TBTC jerseys. I think you need to sell me one. :D

Oh and I'm sure you know this already but the Rangers didn't wear the All-Star patch on their home jerseys that year.

You have waaaay too many Rangers TBTC jerseys. I think you need to sell me one. :D

Oh and I'm sure you know this already but the Rangers didn't wear the All-Star patch on their home jerseys that year.

there's only 2..and ###### they are so rare...as for the 94 yeah,but it came that way and was original and only like $80 so I couldn't say no...