Does your collection have a theme?

JeffB

I working on a series of posts for my blog about collecting jerseys and I was wondering if any of your collections, or even just part of your collection has a theme? I'd be interested to know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff. Great blog topic. My main theme is pursuing the different jerseys that Canucks have worn over the years. Also I collect jerseys of my favourite players.

Hope that helps. :)

Mine is Flames jerseys.....Any Flames jersey, Authentic, Replica, Game Worn...(Minus Anders Eriksson)

Also, random other players that interest me

Also Game Worn jerseys of players i've heard of!

Canucks jersey, but aside from two, they are all blue, white and green. So I'd say that is my theme. And now I'm on a Hodgson binge, so that will continue.

My theme is the Maple Leafs. I am trying to get one of every jersey they wore from about 1990 until now and every all star jersey a Leaf wore from about 1994 until now.

Mine is all about Lemieux and Canadian players jerseys. Canadian Players ONLY, NO EUROS! :)

Also my all time favorite players other then Lemieux.

Love Team Canada jerseys!

not to forget the devils and home town hero Mr Scott Stevens.

Edited by Thelonious Sphere Monk

I *only* collect jerseys of Rangers players or players in the Rangers system. Currently I am in the process of getting one jersey of every NHL team customized as a player who also played for the Rangers.

I am sticking to this rule very strictly - I've sold all my jerseys of players who never played for the Rangers. I've also had to pass on some amazing jerseys simply because they were never Rangers.

Imagine never being able to have a Mario jersey in your collection or having to sell your Forsberg, just because of your self-imposed collection rule.

Another Canucks Collector Here!

My theme is "The Russian Rocket" Pavel Bure. I'm striving for every jersey he wore as a member of the Vancouver Canucks in his career from 1992-1998 while also including international and all star jerseys within the same time frame that he was a Canuck.

I've got two themes going currently. One is aketons, Rangers players strictly. Then I acquired a Mikael Granlund jersey (finally coming. those guys in Finland have bad communication if I tell you) and that Holos from the Olympics and the Team Iceland so I figured I'd start an international wing! Oh and its slowly evolved from retail authentic to game worn. Gah my job money basically evaporated (oh and $500 for all of my used textbooks this semester was a b****).

My collection started with trying to get a ranger jersey of every player who was on the team at any point during the 93-94 stanley cup year. From there it branched off a little bit but i try hard to stick to at least players who were on the rangers at one point or all star game jerseys. I only buy ccm airknit or ultrafil authentics.

Any Flyers jersey that is well under retail, as well as interesting event jerseys a former Flyer would have worn...also looking to eventually build up some USA players if I ever get the chance.

Currently looking into getting a Brind'Amour 'Canes SCF jersey. Also looking to get the Panthers jersey I have attributed with Scott Melanby. I avoid any Atlantic division jerseys, except Islanders, because aside from the early 80's I have never felt threatened. I have also considered picking up a Lindros Rangers Liberty head jersey if one falls into my lap for the right price. Other than that, I avoid them like the plague, and toss the Red Wings and Blackhawks into jerseys I will never touch again...I still have a Kane jersey shirt I bought before the Olympics that laughs at me whenever it peeks out of my hamper...I would donate it to charity, but knowing it will go local, the last thing I want to see is a bum walking around Philly with it on, I think the shock of it would hurt more than having it buried in my closet hamper...

My collection is mostly centred around the Ottawa Senators, past and present but I do have exceptions for players that I really like.

Colorado and Chicago are 2 other teams that I really like and I'm working on getting a Duchene NHL debut jersey done up with the Sakic patch. As for Chicago, I am planning on a Hossa Stanley Cup jersey which fits with the past Senators theme.

My collection started as me trying to obtain every jersey Lindros wore in his career.

It evolved into it centering around select impact players (currently it sits at Lindros, Roy, Gretzky, Lemieux, Hasek, Brodeur, Ovechkin, Crosby) and obtaining what I call "debut" jerseys: jerseys from the first game a player played for a team. (e.g. Lindros' first game with the Flyers, Rangers, Leafs, and Stars)

Since then, it has grown to include special events, like first stanley cups and special records (Roy 448 wins, Gretzky's 1072nd goal, etc).

I also have special Leafs jerseys as the are my favourite team.

Aside from the obvious Alex Mogilny trend, I go with the Rangers, Blues and Nordiques mostly. I'm in the process of trying to obtain a Nords jersey from every year they were in the NHL. So far, I've got 79-80, 81-82(or 80-81; I haven't figured it out yet), 82-83, 85-86, 86-87, 90-91 and 94-95 down and only need eight more to round it out.

Mine is strictly Devils/Blackhawks. More specifically, Stevens and Chelios although I plan on getting another Hull and possibly a Toews (just to have a new RBK style jersey). When I was younger and had 20-30 jerseys, I'd have any team I liked the jersey for. As an adult, I've whittled it down to 6-8 jerseys. And I don't do replicas, only authentics. Haven't gotten into the gameworn game and don't plan to. I like wearing my jerseys.

Blackhawks and Avalanche mainly, although I have a few other randoms most of those have been sold off.

No theme...started with Jets/Nords/Isles replicas, then got my hands on a couple authentics...from then on to have the league....like cup finals, anniversary/all star items, defunct teams....some rooms in the house have themes...Red Wings dining room, Penguins livingroom.....used NHL colors painting inside...before I met my girlfriend.. :lol:

Aside from the obvious Alex Mogilny trend, I go with the Rangers, Blues and Nordiques mostly. I'm in the process of trying to obtain a Nords jersey from every year they were in the NHL. So far, I've got 79-80, 81-82(or 80-81; I haven't figured it out yet), 82-83, 85-86, 86-87, 90-91 and 94-95 down and only need eight more to round it out.

Of all the people, I thought you'd be the last one with a theme. I thought you just bought whatever caught your eye on a given day like me.

.some rooms in the house have themes...Red Wings dining room, Penguins livingroom.....used NHL colors painting inside...before I met my girlfriend.. :lol:

This sounds like Carltown. Anyone remember the poor sap on ebay who was selling off his collection because of his girlfriend? I believe he was moving to Tammyville. :lol:

generally, game worn sabres and sabres-related jerseys. next, teams close in proximity, so gamers from the isles, rags, devils and the LI Jawz (im on long island)

Of all the people, I thought you'd be the last one with a theme. I thought you just bought whatever caught your eye on a given day like me.

HA! You're right! I really do end up doing that most of the time. Ever since I found a 1979-80 Nords jersey though, I figured I might as well try and get the rest of the years since that one would most likely be the hardest to find. I would think the next hardest to find would be one of the 1991-92 patched beauties. That'll probably be the last one I find; if ever.

And poor Carl was moving to Cathyville. :D