Help With IceJerseys Customization Before Ordering

PenguinsFan88

Hey guys,

Just a fast question regarding IceJerseys customization. When I go to click the "Go For It" option to add customization to the jersey I want to order before ordering it, how do i type the player's last name I want on the back (Lemieux,for Mario Lemieux) into the text box that says Name?

Do I write it as LEMIEUX in all caps into the text box, or just as ""Lemieux" with only a capitalized L?

Forgive me if my question sounds stupid or noob-ish just I've never ordered a customized jersey before. And obviously the last thing I want is a lettering screwup that could have easily been prevented.

Lemme know guys.

pretty sure you could type it either of those ways, or as LeMiEuX and they'll still customize it as it was the year your jersey was current.

So correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying that if I type it out in all caps as "LEMIEUX" into the Name box I'll be ok...yes?

Yes, you'll be fine doing that. Capitalization isn't important, they'll get that part right. Most important thing is to spell the name correctly :thumbsup:

Just a side question, and sorry to hijack the thread, but if you mispell a player's name, will ice jerseys contact you to get it corrected, will they correct it themselves, or do they just put exactly the spelling you type in the box?

I love this thread.

Lemieux all over the place!

Yes, you'll be fine doing that. Capitalization isn't important, they'll get that part right. Most important thing is to spell the name correctly :thumbsup:

Just a side question, and sorry to hijack the thread, but if you mispell a player's name, will ice jerseys contact you to get it corrected, will they correct it themselves, or do they just put exactly the spelling you type in the box?

To answer your question, we will catch 99% of the mispellings that come in on NHL players. In that case, we usually make the correction (if it is an obvious mistake, like requesting no 8 and 'OVECKIN' on a caps jersey). If it something a bit less obvious, like no 94 and SMITH on a Kings jersey (which would likely be Ryan Smyth, but could also be for anyone with a last name of Smith), we would probably contact the customer to verify.

So correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying that if I type it out in all caps as "LEMIEUX" into the Name box I'll be ok...yes?

Most people will enter all caps or all lowercase in the form, and it doesn't really matter. People also will use mixed case if they want us to be aware of a name that uses a lowercase letter in it (like McWHATEVER). It isn't really necessary to indicate the mixed case for the majority of known NHL players, as we are aware of most. It would only be helpful to us if it is a personal name or perhaps an obscure NHLer. In those instances it is a good idea to give us some guidance (you can also make a note in the special instructions at checkout).