2010-2011 Fantasy Hockey

We have a new season with a new hockey pool.

Time for a new thread. Good luck to everyone.

So you guys have in mind what jersey you want to buy with the prize $$$?

Where do you sign up. I wasn't aware of this....

League has already started, sorry if you didn't see the post and weren't able to get in on time.

I have the Leafs Goalie (J.S.Gigger) on my team!!?!?

WTF! I must be high or out of my gord.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Leafs Goalie (J.S.Gigger) on my team!!?!?

WTF! I must be high or out of my gord.

Considering he is 3-0-1 with a GAA under 2, if you really don't want him, I would be inclined to try and make a deal.

• 5 months later...

Great year guys! It was a close race all the way to the end!

A VERY happy birthday to me!

My team "Team Canada" being crowned Champion of the 10-11 Hockey Pool! HIGH FIVE!

So here's what I have in mind for the jerseys.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=138939 Canada 08 swift authentic (I hope they are)

or

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=138647 Boston into a Tim Thomas who I consider my teams MVP. This style is the only size 60" goalie cut they have left.

or just bid up a few of my E-bay auctions I have an eye on.

Any ideas/offers would be great.

Congrats on the win Thelonious. My team fell into a hole early and I came oh so close to getting back in the playoffs. Just fell a couple points short of sneaking in. Overall was a good year other than the fact that two teams dropped out early and two didn't pay (those 2 will not be invited back next season). Enjoy your championship, but next year, I plan on keeping the money.

I know I paid but I will not be coming back next year. There were times where school was to much, and I kept updating as much as I could. I kept it going for as long as possible, but I knew I wasn't making the playoffs. Sorry guys, I bit off more than I could chew this year. Congrats to the winner.

Thanks guys.

Kennesaw Owls and King of Kings beat me up all year and my only victory against them came in the final round play. I think my offense, which was fairly weak early on, woke up big-time by year end. Yet its obvious my goalies carried me through out the year.

Picking Thomas up off the wavers in the first few days was a total gamble. I saw he had a shutout and figured why not. I had Vokoun from the draft 5th overall pick.

P.S. I already picked up the jersey with the prize money. I'll post a pic when it arrives. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out what one I picked up! :thumbsup:

P.P.S Here's is the jersey in case you missed it. I wish everyone in jersey central well also if someone can pass them the message.

Authentic Team Canada Nike Swift 56 3rd/Alt.

DSCF4344.jpg

Edited by Thelonious Sphere Monk

• 4 months later...

New year, new season. I will be setting the league up tomorrow (Wednesday 7 Sep 11). If you are a returning player, and email will be sent out automatically. If you are new and interested in playing, shoot me a pm or post here.

Note: This has been a pay league in the past, and I would prefer to keep it this way. The money has been awarded to the winner every season.

Team Canada is in! :)

Curious what the buy in is and if you allow newbs...I know probably not a wise decision on my part but if the buy is low enough it'll be a good learning (loosing) experience lol

I will not be participating this year. I have too many football leagues and another hockey league to keep track of, so I feel I may become a deadbeat again. For those participating, good luck!

Curious what the buy in is and if you allow newbs...I know probably not a wise decision on my part but if the buy is low enough it'll be a good learning (loosing) experience lol

Absolutely. As for the buy-in, it has varied from $20-$30 as it varies usually based on the number of teams. The original intention when the league was created a few years ago was for the winner to use the winning to buy a jersey and every year, the winnings have gone towards jersey purchases.

I will not be participating this year. I have too many football leagues and another hockey league to keep track of, so I feel I may become a deadbeat again. For those participating, good luck!

Not a problem, the invite was sent anyways due to me not seeing this post until after I sent the invites.

So with losing you and 2 "deadbeats" who didn't pay last year, have at least 3 slots to fill.

Dude!

Last year was my 1st year and I won! Never say never.

I sent an email, but is there any chance to expand the playoffs a bit. It would be more interactive and less of a reason to bail on the league if you have a rough start.

Had another ask about that, expanded to 6 playoff spots this year.

Absolutely. As for the buy-in, it has varied from $20-$30 as it varies usually based on the number of teams. The original intention when the league was created a few years ago was for the winner to use the winning to buy a jersey and every year, the winnings have gone towards jersey purchases.

Oh ok that sounds like an awesome idea, as long as it doesn't go over $30 I'll give it a shot! Let me know where to signup/how to pay

Dude!

Last year was my 1st year and I won! Never say never.

lol thats awesome and would be great if I did but I'm doubtful haha

Oh ok that sounds like an awesome idea, as long as it doesn't go over $30 I'll give it a shot! Let me know where to signup/how to pay

lol thats awesome and would be great if I did but I'm doubtful haha

PM me your email address and I will send you an invite to the league.

Payment will be through paypal, if that doesn't work for you, let me know and arrangements can be made.

• 3 weeks later...

DRAFT DAY! Less then 10 min before launch.

Thanks and good luck to everyone who entered.

I'm rolling the dice with Jag-off. he's had a great pre-season IMO, so why not.

Lucky me I got 1st overall pick again! WOOT! :thumbsup: OVY!