SportsK customization

does someone has experience with SportK customization? is it good?

because the prices for Edge jerseys are very good there.

they did my Tony Twist jersey really nice.... but really screwed up my Dale Hunter jersey. The Twist was the two color numbers, Hunter I requested single color numbers and they made them really really thin and looked horrible. Customer support is excellent, they gave me a refund, they reply to emails almost immediately.... they even said they shouldn't have done that (one color) and was their mistake... but almost 95% of the reviews I heard are excellent. I guess if it's an Edge go ahead, just stay away from 80's Nordiques customization, LOL (how hard is it to screw up single color white numbers ugggh)

i saw some pictures on the site from Edge jerseys...they look good. but i'm not sure about the jerseys...why they can sell it more cheap then others...:D

they are 80 bucks under the IJ price.

i saw some pictures on the site from Edge jerseys...they look good. but i'm not sure about the jerseys...why they can sell it more cheap then others...:D

they are 80 bucks under the IJ price.

They are marked up a lot. $88 is a fair price. RCS was selling premiers over the summer for I think either $60 or $70

Their jerseys are real and the customizing is good most of the time. The good thing is, if you have a problem, they are very good at working with you to fix it.

Just my experience.

They are a good company. I've ordered from them many, many times and because they're a local Michigan company, though they don't have a retail storefront anymore (otherwise, I'd just drive there :)).

They can sell jerseys cheap because of that -- no retail overhead, small operation, and they rely on Yahoo to provide their Internet presence, so their costs in maintaining their Web site is also comparatively low.

They are a good company. I've ordered from them many, many times and because they're a local Michigan company, though they don't have a retail storefront anymore (otherwise, I'd just drive there :)).

They can sell jerseys cheap because of that -- no retail overhead, small operation, and they rely on Yahoo to provide their Internet presence, so their costs in maintaining their Web site is also comparatively low.

thx for the infos...i will try it out now and order a hawks edge.

I can speak for SportsK, I've had several jerseys customized by them and I can't complain. They do a pretty nice job. They send the jerseys to a sewing company where they try to find the exact font and nameplates for the jersey. If you want to customize an older jersey, I would recommend sending in pictures of the jersey so that they have an easier task of using the exact or close to the exact lettering / numbering.

• 2 years later...

They got good comments here:
http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2933

Personally I got a Rangers WC replica customized by them and they did it correctly. Correct font, materials (felt even), and nameplate.

rangers_wc_lundqvist_sm.jpg

I sent them an inquiry when I first got into jersey collecting. I asked about their sewing-only services and their customization. My questions were pretty detailed, not just a "do you sew numbers on?". The reply I got wasn't from anyone at SportsK, what I got was an email that originated from SportsK, but was originally sent to Chris at Triple Threat Sports, and my reply came from him. All my further communication was with TTS. I've since assumed that SportsK outsources all their customization/sewing projects to TTS. If that's the case then it's no wonder they've only gotten good reviews here - they do a great job. My MoDo Forsberg was done by TTS and I love it. Great detail work and awesome customer service.