Your favorite authentic NHL jersey type

rob77ta

Hey all,

Thought this may be a cool topic to comment on. Are you a fan of the new Edge cut either 1.0 or 2.0? Which do you prefer? Or

Are you more a fan of the older style CCM, Koho, Nike, Starter, Pro Player, etc?

Airknit or Ultrafil?

I am a fan of the Edge 2.0 and older CCM/Maska authentics. But recently I aquired an older CCM/Maska ultrafil jersey which to me should be the standard upon which all pro hockey jerseys should be measured. What are your favorites?

I wear my 2.0s to most of the Isles games I go to. However, I do like the feel of the 1.0. I like the EDGEs' cut better than the air knit cut. For example, I can wear a size 58 EDGE and it doesn't look as bad as wearing a 58 6100. Typically, I would wear a 54 in the EDGE 1.0, and a 52/54 in the 6100.

I never owned an ultrafil jersey, but it on my list of jerseys to buy. :thumbsup:

Starter mesh closely followed by CCM mesh.

For knits, I'd say ProPlayer is tops, but I loved the CCM 6100s and Nike airknits too.

Edge 2.0 > Edge 1.0 > a wet paper sack > Nike Swift.

I like the Edge 2.0s. I actually like both Edge styles due to the fact the striping on most of the jerseys is actual layers or different materials. The old CCM were printed colors. I do like the older but to me some of the new jerseys out there are really sharp....now if they could get rid of the duck tail on the back then we would be talking perfection.

My jerseys

Well, they weren't ALL dyed colors on the CCM jerseys. There were instances where the layers were sewn together. The mesh jerseys had multiple layers sewn together.

I've never had an Ultrafil or an EDGE 2.0, but I love my CCM Air-Knit's!!!

I know I'm in a GREAT minority here, but I love the premieres for every day wear. The older jerseys were always really loose on me and I felt like I was swimming in them, while the premieres are much more form fitting. And while the Edges are nice, they're a bit too heavy for everyday wear. While I don't prefer the style of the premieres, and the terrible shoulder patches infuriate me, they're my favorite to wear. They're comfortable, form fitting, and end up being equivalent to a windbreaker in warmth.

I know I'm in a GREAT minority here, but I love the premieres for every day wear. The older jerseys were always really loose on me and I felt like I was swimming in them, while the premieres are much more form fitting. And while the Edges are nice, they're a bit too heavy for everyday wear. While I don't prefer the style of the premieres, and the terrible shoulder patches infuriate me, they're my favorite to wear. They're comfortable, form fitting, and end up being equivalent to a windbreaker in warmth.

I agree on the Premieres, I prefer to wear them on a day to day basis. Luckily, the Flyers don't rock shoulder patches, so now worries on the screen print.

I was a huge fan of the air knit, and I still am. However, I recently acquired my first ultrafil jersey, and it is nice. The jersey is the most solid feeling one I own. For air knit, I like CCM and Nike pretty much equally, perhaps a slight edge going to Nike.

I think the Edge's are nice looking jerseys, and they are comfortable to wear, but they don't feel like a hockey jersey. The arms aren't roomie enough, and the play dry material they use snags constantly, and your jersey ends up looking like garbage. I have an Edge and it sits in the closet except for special occasions. I wore it to a game once and had a very close call with some velcro (free hat day at Joe Louis Arena, they had velcro on the back instead of the standard plastic snap thingy)

I don't have any experience with Edge 2.0

I feel sorry for you guys that have never had an ultrafil jersey. You certainly are missing out.

I don't know if I'm missing out because I don't even know what I'm looking for. Hell, I might have one :/ I never know the materials.

Great comments guys. Keep em' coming!

Doesn't seem like any one particular style is overwhelmingly in the lead. However, lots of mention of the CCM Ultrafil, mesh (various makers), and the Edge 2.0's.

I'm in this great minority as well. I don't feel weird wearing a Premier jersey out of the house.

For me I like the ultrafil jerseys the best. I don't mind the EDGE either, except the super long sleeves. But I agree with some of the above that there is NO classic feel like wearing an actual hockey sweater. :thumbsup: So if I had to rank them they would be: ultrafil, sweater, EDGE. Believe it or not I do not current or have ever owned a 6100 style authentic, so I really can't comment on them.