New Blue Jackets 3rd

iggygoalie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More pics here:

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/11/the_cannon_unveiled.shtml

Looks a bit too much like the Panthers third in design but I do like the cannon logo. Would probably get one if they wear it with the 10th anniversary patch. Allegedly the jersey comes with a new Brett Favredong-shaped mascot.

I think the circular logo kills it. However I will say I like the colours, and I love the font. It's totally unique and different from other fonts. Best part of the jersey hands down.

You know, I want to dislike it but I can't. The font is definitely unique. The crest looks like an AC/DC album cover. Makes sense though since that's their goal song.

I'm very disappointed. The baby blue is over done, they should have just used red or done a blue/grey/white jersey.

As for the crest, when I heard it might be the far too common circular style I was worried, but seeing it, I actually think it's different enough with the star and the ribbon etc.

People can walk up to the mascot, rub him for a little bit, and a white t-shirt will pop out the top of his head.

You guys are killing me over here!

The more I look at that thing, the creepier it looks. It kinda looks like Albert Einstein...if he were born a vinyl cannon, that is.

That mascot looks handi-capable.

Looks like Columbus really wants to claim navy blue as THEIR only major color. :lol: Yeah the cannon crest looks nice, but I think the light blue kills the jersey. I really don't like how they made their alternate navy blue.... everyone could have seen that coming.

I seriously believe they should have used red in some way/shape/form. Red has always been on their uniforms since they joined the NHL. It's also on the Ohio state flag.

Nashville also kept using navy blue and silver in their color scheme until they unveiled the mustard yellow alternate. I think Columbus should have made their third red. Call me crazy if you want to.

Like the cannon,but the whole circular thing is a bit redudant anymore...lame. And don't understand the change in color ...looks terrible.

It needs some red.

Also, it is very nice that they are selling the JHM thing on the retail versions for everyone (unlike the rangers with their retired numbers) and the "We fight, we march" on the inside collar.

is that thing smoking a cigar?

anyway, these pretty much suck. the cannon logo was a good idea but they should have just put it by itself without the circle or team name around it. and like everyone has said it needs red, that would have been unexpected and probably pretty awesome looking. they look just like the Panthers 3rds and way too much like every other new 3rd, and the blocky number font is terrible.

if they didnt look so much like the Florida Panthers 3rds I might like these.. but this weird "shades of blue" thing thats going on with these thirds is kinda pissing me off.. You can definetly tell the template they are using for these third jerseys... is there ANY CREATIVITY in these jerseys anymore????

"just slap on a logo, change around the blue a bit and were done!" ~ Reebok designers

CBJ3-front.jpg

ept_sports_nhl_experts-905996806-1259071662.jpg

penguins-crosby.jpg

just slap on a logo, change around the blue a bit and were done!

The more I see it, the less I like it. The number font is pretty wild but I aqree with you guys about the coloring. It's too consistent with other thirds. Also, I had thought I saw a JHM on the back of the neck last night but wasn't sure. THAT is a nice touch and an homage to Mr. Mac and to the origin of the team. Sort of like the way the Bears have immortalized George Halas on their sleeves ever since his passing.

I like this jersey and the shades of blue because I think it's more appropriate for the CBJ to have than the Preds and Panthers. I'm not crazy about the number font,

seems clunky and not sure how it relates to the whole civil war scheme. I like the crest, very old school and I think the big bold stripes are great. Although, as a designer I would not have put the white and gray next to each other, there is not enough contrast between them and they blend together. The new blue they introduced actually looks a lot like the blue they originally used when they announced the franchise. The initial wave of retail product used a similar blue before they changed to the true navy. Make it a thick stripe at the shoulder yoke for crying out loud, this wimpy piping on the Edge jerseys looks so lame.

For me, its all about the timing of these releases. Disregard who came first and think about who's blue/blue scheme is more appropriate.

If the CBJ had come first, then the Preds and Panthers would be copycats. The Panthers is the biggest fail of this whole navy explosion

the past couple season because it came out of left field with the addition of the light blue.

The more I see it, the less I like it. The number font is pretty wild but I aqree with you guys about the coloring. It's too consistent with other thirds. Also, I had thought I saw a JHM on the back of the neck last night but wasn't sure. THAT is a nice touch and an homage to Mr. Mac and to the origin of the team. Sort of like the way the Bears have immortalized George Halas on their sleeves ever since his passing.

The JHM on the back and the trim inside of the neck (10 stars and the slogan) are all sublimated into the collar.