Customization by ######'s?

Robert  Ullman

I just received an email from Dix's Sporting Goods (that's not how you spell it, but I wanted to get it through the filter) advertising free customization today only on jerseys. Has anyone ever had a job done by them before? I'm considering it, but first I wanted to know whether they were worth a dang.

And don't worry, I already ordered a jersey from IJ this morning! ;)

Edited by Robert Ullman

I would guess it's just NHL.com customization that they would order when you ordered your jersey from them. either way I can't imagine it being any good.

if it's through NHL.com, the authentics are fine. it's the replicas that use the crappy heat pressed stuff

if done for free, though, might be worth it to someone out there who just wants a knockaround jersey

Yeah. Kinda had a Patrick Sharp Hawks alt in mind, which they could probably just grab off the rack with the screen-printed twill numbers.

I should choose someone more obscure...make 'em work for it!

Probably not. The Premiers they sell in stores are awful (the customizing) -- the Detroit ones are all on namebars (blech) AND the bars are too long, on top of it!

Looking at the on-line price for authentics, I can't imagine how it'd be remotely worthwhile, even with the "free" customization since D's is selling the authentic for nearly $100 more than the going rate (maybe that's where the "free" customizing comes in...).

Yeah. Kinda had a Patrick Sharp Hawks alt in mind, which they could probably just grab off the rack with the screen-printed twill numbers.

I should choose someone more obscure...make 'em work for it!

haha...gotta go with Niklas Hjalmarsson!