Who'll replace Markov?

So now that the Habs have finally announced that Markov is done for the year, who do you think they'll go out and get?

I've heard rumours about Ed Jovanovski. I like the idea of Special Ed in a Habs uniform.

I want to see the Habs do something here. They're getting relief from the Cap hit, they've determined this week that Subban isn't the answer, and Markov is too good a player to just not replace...

Any thoughts?

and Markov is too good a player to just not replace...

Any thoughts?

I think that about sums it up. He would of hit over 50 points last year for sure if he stayed healthy. He was on a roll. :(

As a Habs fan I'm personally aiming higher than Wisniewski. He literally asked for divine intervention after a loss this week. LOL!

I see the Canadiens waiting as long as possible, and probably only making a deal to replace Markov near the deadline.

Gauthier must think this team has a lot of depth at D if they're riding a 3 game winning streak with P.K. up in the pressbox.

As a Habs fan I'm personally aiming higher than Wisniewski. He literally asked for divine intervention after a loss this week. LOL!

I know! The funniest thing was he also blamed the bounces. He also called the fans idiots, but that is a different story. He started the season out very hot, but cooled off...a lot since then. The guy on the Island I feel bad for is Dwayne Roloson.

In all honesty, James is being asked to be a #1 Dman and he is more like a #3. I think on a stable team, he should do fine. I don't think he is the reason why our PP sucks.

Roli and Wiz are likely going to be traded at some point this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Call. He's just been traded to the Habs for 2 draft picks. Hope it works out!

I hope it works out too. It was basically a third round pick (what Snow traded for the Wiz) for a 2nd and 5th. I would have loved to have Weber, but I dont think the Habs would have traded him. I am a little annoyed he was traded for picks, and not players/prospects. The Wiz is currently tied for the lead on the Isles in points. His +/- is only bad because he is on the Isles. Like I said earlier, the Wiz is a decent d-man, but is not a #1 or #2 defensemen. He would be a great guy for Subban to look up to. They play a similar game. The Wiz can throw some nice hits and has a very nice slap shot.

I met him a couple of times after games and he was very nice. Hopefully his game-used stuff will be cheaper now at the Coli (jerseys-I think they just started to use a new set and sticks-he uses a cool Warrior that is painted white at the bottom so you cant read the shot)! :thumbsup:

Hopefully Snow will use the picks and trade for a veteran winger for JT. Tavares needs a decent veteran. I would love it if the Isles trade for Brad Richards.

Unfortunately, I think the next Islander that will be traded is Dwayne Roloson.

Edit:

This is why I am a Wiz fan!

We need a new thread now, who will replace James Wisniewski? :lol:

Streit isn't coming back until February

Jurcina has a 100 mph slapshot and I think he is probably going to become the "number 1" d-man on the Isles

MacDonald is an excellent defensive defenseman

Hamonic is still a rookie

Mottau was playing well, but is out for the season.

Eaton is a decent defensive defenseman

Martinek is made of glass, but otherwise a very good defenseman (probably one of the most under-rated players in the game)

Hillen has not been the same since he took the Ovi slapper in the mouth

Gervais is just Bruno. Great guy, great chef, but is only a decent hockey player.

Reese and Kohn are the only potential call ups, unless they want Katic.

Our top defensive prospect, Calvin de Haan got hurt today in the WJC...either a leg or knee injury.

Good thing the season is over for the Isles. I thought there was hope, but they are almost 20 points out of a playoff spot. The only thing that really bothers me about the trade is the fact that Snow says he will sprinkle in veterans when the time comes. Hate to say it Garth, but a rebuild should last no more than 5 years! I think this is the fourth season of rebuilding. We still have not seen an improvement and time is running out.