DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

I'd have bought it 10 times if it was actually game worn but that jersey is pretty questionable to me. No wear, no loa, wrong size etc. I think if it was absolutely legit it would go for more than double that.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd have bought it 10 times if it was actually game worn but that jersey is pretty questionable to me. No wear, no loa, wrong size etc. I think if it was absolutely legit it would go for more than double that.

It's not game worn, he threw the word worn in there to get more hits. He described it in the description as game issued. It may nit be that.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the SVP sports warehouse sale today in Newmarket, Ontario.

All their jerseys that were $60, were now only $20.

Managed to get home and away thrashers team issued edge 2.0 jerseys for my whole beer league team. Including goalie cuts.

28 jerseys for $500 - not a bad deal at all!

They gave me a price break because I bought so many.

One of the employees said I wasn't the only one who did it, but I think the others just got homes or aways.

They only had those, plus retail oilers white away 1.0 (2007 style) and some of those white and green KHL team that jersey baron has loads of.

I called a few locations to find out when. Most wouldn't tell me because they wanted to have people go to their stores and buy at regular price rather than at a deeply discounted price.

• 4 weeks later...

Happened to stumble upon the following which could be a good deal for Canadian members:

http://www.giftcardswild.com/gift-cards/shopcanadanhlcom

Not sure if nhl.com is actually a good source, and I'm also not sure if there's any restriction on this gift card. I don't even think nhl.com has any 2.0 available, is that correct?

The winner is problably buying beer with rest of his budget, to celebrate. I am going to modify my saved searches.

• 3 weeks later...

MeiGray has a few new jerseys in the clearance section. Lots of 1.0-2.0 58 and up sizes of Rangers, Leafs and a few GC Thrashers. Kinda pricey for the typical clearance jerseys though.

MeiGray has a few new jerseys in the clearance section. Lots of 1.0-2.0 58 and up sizes of Rangers, Leafs and a few GC Thrashers. Kinda pricey for the typical clearance jerseys though.

You're right about that, $50/$75 price increase compared to the sale two months ago..

Edited by amonte78

Still, getting a 2.0 blank for $99-150 is a pretty good deal. I'd probably have been powerless to not pick up another Devils jersey if they were available, despite not needing it.

MeiGray just added a bunch of Rangers and Maple Leafs jerseys in their clearance section

MeiGray just added a bunch of Rangers and Maple Leafs jerseys in their clearance section

Thanks for the heads-up guys.

Just made my wifes Christmas shopping real easy.

Will never be able to afford a Lundqvist gamer, and being the purist I am, could never put his customization on a player jersey. This worked out awesome.

Awesome thanks for the heads up, just got myself a road 2.0.

Fuuuuu..... uck. Anyone here?

I grabbed this quick. I have been on the lookout for a crest for a XMAS tree so I grabbed this not knowing about the rest of the jersey (can't tell if name/numbers are stitched, can't really see the font). If it happens to fit (I usually wear a 52) I may keep it as a Brown since I kind of liked him while he was with the team. I did not take the time to ask for additional pics since I knew it would get snapped up.

I grabbed this quick. I have been on the lookout for a crest for a XMAS tree so I grabbed this not knowing about the rest of the jersey (can't tell if name/numbers are stitched, can't really see the font). If it happens to fit (I usually wear a 52) I may keep it as a Brown since I kind of liked him while he was with the team. I did not take the time to ask for additional pics since I knew it would get snapped up.

That was the right move. It's nowhere near my size and I'd have done the same had I seen it.

He pulled his original listing and re-listed with a buy it now option.

I had been bidding on it, but by the time I got the message that the listing was killed and re-listed it was gone.

Nice snag Rgoss.