DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think TMLFAN is right- I don't think the Oilers ever wore the small block CCM logo in games. In 1988/89, they wore Nikes all the way throughout the playoffs. In 1989/90, they switched to CCM, but I've seen close to 20 gamers from that year and the set 1 jerseys all have the big block logo. A few of the set 1's have the NHL shield next to the CCM logo, but most do not. Many of the 88/89 Nikes were recycled for use in the 89/90 preseason, but the Nike hem logos were removed/covered up. I haven't seen a single gamer with the small block CCM logo.

However, even though the Oilers were contracted to Nike for 1988/89, CCM apparently did produce some jerseys for them that season- they even had the Oilers 10th anniversary patch on them like the Nikes did. These jerseys were later used in the 1989/90 season and had the 10th anny patch removed and patched over in the shoulder area. So I'm just speculating here, but perhaps CCM made some Oilers prototype authentics during the 1988/89 season, utilizing the small block logo that would have been used that year, and perhaps the eBay jersey is one of them.

So I'm just speculating here, but perhaps CCM made some Oilers prototype authentics during the 1988/89 season, utilizing the small block logo that would have been used that year, and perhaps the eBay jersey is one of them.

This.

The Oilers didn't wear 'em on ice, but they do pop up every so often. $80-$100 is about the going rate.

They weren't prototypes. CCM made retail jerseys for all teams at certain points; even those not under contract at the time like the Rangers. I've seen old blue jerseys with NEW YORK on the front that were not only CCM but also made from air-knit.

Negative. I've seen and even owned pro versions of the Rangers New York air-knit jersey and it had all the usual bells and whistles like that Oilers one does.

Got any pics? I'd love to see a full pro Air-Knit Rangers with a small block...you're not referring to those Vegas worn Air-knit, right? Those were jsut replicas with FS sewn in, if I recall...

No, it's a full-on pro jersey with the strap, double everything and the embroidered logo. I'll ask my buddy if he has pictures. I ended up doing a Nicky Fotiu for him with it MANY years sgo.

Like how he made public the offer he got from someone asking him to do it at $24.99 BIN.

Like how he made public the offer he got from someone asking him to do it at $24.99 BIN.

Yeah that guy thought he was slick.

I feel like whenever I get an inboxed message requesting to end my auctions early it's usually someone out to scam you
If I have an item up for $30 and you're inboxing me saying you'll buy it now for $60, then why don't you just bid $60?

Not trying to "scam" anyone just looking for a decent deal. In this case by the time you pay the $25 plus the $12 shipping fee to the seller then pay $75-$85 to get it customized (including back and forth shipping to EPS) you are in for over $120. You can usually find properly customized Devils Ultrafil stuff for that range (I have bought and sold some on this board and on eBay for that price range). I usually find the opening bid is the minimum that a seller would want to get for their item so I will often make an offer of that amount to avoid getting involved in an auction. Sometimes the seller accepts or counters and sometimes they let the auction run.

Got me- hey it works from time to time:) Definitely didn't need it but for $25 would have added one to the collection.

It was a valiant effort my friend.

And you are actually right on that math there, that is about the price range.

Edited by mfitz804

Not trying to "scam" anyone just looking for a decent deal. In this case by the time you pay the $25 plus the $12 shipping fee to the seller then pay $75-$85 to get it customized (including back and forth shipping to EPS) you are in for over $120. You can usually find properly customized Devils Ultrafil stuff for that range (I have bought and sold some on this board and on eBay for that price range). I usually find the opening bid is the minimum that a seller would want to get for their item so I will often make an offer of that amount to avoid getting involved in an auction. Sometimes the seller accepts or counters and sometimes they let the auction run.

My post wasn't towards you by the way, thought you were joking when you said it was you earlier, no disrespect dude!

Is $200 plus shipping a good deal for an excellent condition Fisherman replica?

If your diligent you could probably snag an authentic for that price or a little less. I had a couple replicas before I sold in open auctions and each one ended around $90. They were customized too. So I'd personally say that $200 is a little steep but to each their own.

I need a blue wave replica to slice up. Give me one now or else you're all banned. All of you.

Yes, even you.

Got an authentic if you're interested. Edited by thebiggoalie

It would give me no greater pleasure in the world to slice up a pro Islanders jersey but I can't justify spending a ton of dough something that's going to end up on the back of other peoples jerseys.