DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Would have bought both devils and maybe the Gomez he had too if they weren't gone by the time I saw this. Did get the Gio for $50 shipped though, pretty happy with that. Thanks for posting that here, those somehow didn't get caught in the filters of my saved searches.

No problem, my pleasure. I got an improperly customized USA Olympic for $80. Was gonna strip it anyway but he lowered all his prices the following morning. Had it still been available then I might have gotten it for less.

Oh well.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My USA arrived today, very quick, and as described. Its already stripped and will be re-done to be accurate.

It arrived today AND it's already stripped!?

Do you work for the post office? And did you take a 3 hour lunch break? Lol

The seller lives 30 minutes from me, that's how it arrived so quick.

As for the stripping, I never understand why people think it takes so long, maybe I'm just an especially good stripper!

I started it while taking an hour long phone conference that I had to be on but didn't need to say or do anything, so I just listened and worked while I did. Was working at about half speed but got a bunch done.

Then I used the last 30 minutes of my lunch hour to finish the job. The customizing, while inaccurate, was exceptionally well done and as such, simple to remove.

Edited by mfitz804

maybe I'm just an especially good stripper!

Unfortunately i usually rely on you to reply to something like this; suffice to say given your admitted size that the dancing pole required for such an event would be funny to think about

But yeah, that makes sense then

I never rush and usually strip off bad customization so i guess that's why i take a while, i'm never in a rush to spend money sending them out either lol

Unfortunately i usually rely on you to reply to something like this; suffice to say given your admitted size that the dancing pole required for such an event would be funny to think about

But yeah, that makes sense then

I never rush and usually strip off bad customization so i guess that's why i take a while, i'm never in a rush to spend money sending them out either lol

That reply was intentional :) But I ain't that big, I could dance on a regular pole. I assume, not like I know :)

I don't really rush either, I honestly just don't know why it takes some people so long. I may have more manual dexterity than some people having played guitar for 20+ years, maybe that has something to do with it.

Or maybe you just haven't yet run into the nightmare strip job with tons of glue that stains a white jersey orange and takes hours of scrubbing with a whole bottle of Goof-Off! :thumbsup:

Or maybe you just haven't yet run into the nightmare strip job with tons of glue that stains a white jersey orange and takes hours of scrubbing with a whole bottle of Goof-Off! :thumbsup:

NOOO that's a whole other animal. I totally understand why that would take a long time.

I'm just talking about cutting the threads and pulling off the name/numbers. I've not gone the glue removal route yet. All of the ones I have stripped before I sent to EPS for customizing and asked them to clean off any residue. But luckily there hasn't been much.

Most of the ones i end up tackling have light glue residue, so that never really bothers me, but i work slow to avoid mistakes, not that that ever helps me lol

I usually just end up with 1-2 minor snags/pulls, so nothing major

I think i need to do a better job at the turns mostly, with the stitching bunching up and going in two directions i get impatient and miss a thread or two sometimes

I do also.I almost always get those by very carefully going under the item being removed while pulling it off. As long as you are gentle and you know you have to slow up by the corners you won't damage anything.

At least that's what I do, I've only stripped 5 so I am far from an expert.

Lol same here, i've only done 6-7 but i'm pretty stubborn so i just attack those corners every time lol

I'll definitely have to slow down and take your advice

I had designs on being a surgeon once upon a time. So stripping jerseys and doing medical procedures on myself is as close as I come.

If anyone is interested a certain popular site is having a 20% off sale if you ship to the USA. They have 2.0s for a bunch of different teams. Shipping is free with orders over $99.

$240 shipped for a legit 2.0. Not the greatest deal in the world but it's pretty good.

I've seen people give the heads up for sales like this before but didn't know if it was cool to cite the website on an IJ forum so I left that out but I know everyone can figure it out...

are we not allowed to mention other sites? Can you let me know what site this is or PM me? Thanks.

are we not allowed to mention other sites? Can you let me know what site this is or PM me? Thanks.

Well we are on an IJ forum, I'm not sure of the rules exactly so I didn't list the name. PM sent

Figured this may be an appropriate place to post. I'm not used to looking for teams other than Blackhawks or soecialty one off jerseys but are there any places other than JB to find the LA Kings white 2.0s? Hoping to find one for a little better price thanks

The only other place I know that carries them is the TeamLA Store. Online the price is $321, which is really no better than JB. The in-store price is $295, but when buying in person you add state tax and it goes right back up to around $321 again. From time to time they have good sales, up to 40%, but these are usually one day sales and you have to be there to take advantage of them. Just a few months ago I picked up a white 2.0 there for $177 before tax. A logical opportunity for another sale like this would be on Fan Appreciation Day, the last home game of the season, but don't quote me on it. :)

Well we are on an IJ forum, I'm not sure of the rules exactly so I didn't list the name. PM sent

You're allowed to say it. We post crap on eBay to no end.

The only other place I know that carries them is the TeamLA Store. Online the price is $321, which is really no better than JB. The in-store price is $295, but when buying in person you add state tax and it goes right back up to around $321 again. From time to time they have good sales, up to 40%, but these are usually one day sales and you have to be there to take advantage of them. Just a few months ago I picked up a white 2.0 there for $177 before tax. A logical opportunity for another sale like this would be on Fan Appreciation Day, the last home game of the season, but don't quote me on it. :)

Thanks! Being in Chicago, going there isn't really a reasonable choice haha to bad they're not as available as the black ones.

Thanks! Being in Chicago, going there isn't really a reasonable choice haha to bad they're not as available as the black ones.

Frozen Pond has them listed ( https://www.frozenpond.com/product/hockey-jerseys-reebok-edge-authentic-pro-los-angeles-kings-reebok-edge-authentic-jersey-away.html )

This picture is of an Indo-Edge, you'll have to call/email to confirm if it's a Canadian 2.0 or Indo-Edge. Their pictures are not always correct

That's a pretty good price, especially for US buyers, if indeed they are 2.0's. Thanks for the link.

I've been at their store a few times and they have a mix of Indo, 1.0 and 2.0 so yeah your best bet is to call them, but make sure to let them know what to look for to differentiate.

Holy crap. They have literally every team's jersey... home and away... listed. And that's a great price. Definitely have to e-mail them to see if some of the ones I want are Indo-Edge or Made in Canada.

They have literally every team's jersey... home and away... listed.

That's what sounds suspicious to me. I would doubt very much that their roads and 3rds would be 2.0's. Maybe a few are, but I'd bet most of the newer styles are Indos. Not even JB carries retail 2.0 roads or 3rds for many teams like Florida, Colorado, etc.

Edited by LAK74