DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

MeiGray 4th July/"Flash Sale" ending this weekend, still some gamers left for $99/$149/$199..

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"A few hints: We've got jerseys hidden in the NHL pages of Atlanta, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton, Florida, Nashville, Ottawa and Toronto still remaining."

Atlanta is interesting but from what I saw there is only 1 jersey that is still under this sale from them for $149.00. It's a Marty Reasoner.

Wonder why they did so few of the Devils. I guess they had less inventory to clear out? That's mine because Devils had about 30 or so pages of stuff before the sale while teams like Dallas, Colorado and Edmonton had like 40+ pages.

I'll again say I don't get how they work. They have plenty of Devils jerseys that have been sitting for YEARS. I'm not saying they should sell them all for $99, but why not knock some of those $400 jerseys down to $200-250 and clear them out?

Could be due to contract reasons with the Devils. Either that or they just feel comfortable with the stock levels they have. They do have a ton of Devils stuff that has been sitting for years, but it is still nothing compared to the stock that Colorado, Edmonton, and Dallas they have had. I don't think other teams they do like Boston and LA had any that were on sale.

I don't think other teams they do like Boston and LA had any that were on sale.

There was a Bruins Jordan Caron for $149

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here. Happened to stumble on this last night, but I'm a bit too far away to make it worth going to get.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/spo/5103158704.html

Anybody in the Hartford, CT area may want to check out the other stuff he has posted. Hey, maybe if there's something you really want he would ship to you, he seems to know what he's talking about. I don't think there's any crazy deals in there, but he's got some nice jerseys at pretty decent prices.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/search/sss?userid=66781205

Oh alright, just saw them and figured people may have missed them since as far as I can tell they're only posted on craigslist. Just figured I'd pass it on.

That Devils used practice jersey is way undervalued. $60 is practically giving it away of coarse.

Now if it was a green Devils practice jersey, it would be priceless!!!!!

I found that using searchtempest. You can set a mile radius from you and it checks all of them within that.

RCS sent me an email -- US customers are getting 40% off this weekend with a coupon code.

I went to their website and ordered a $299.99 CDN Edge 2.0 -- the coupon knocked it down to $179.99 CDN If I spend over $100, free shipping. Cool.

So I put in all the info to pay, clicked Pay -- and now when I look at my orders page, it says $179.99 US.What the heck?

I emailed customer support and I also called the toll free number -- customer service people only work Monday through Thursday?

If I get an Edge 2.0 for only $180 US, that is still a good deal, but $180 US is way more than $180 CDN. Like, $40 US more.

Has anyone else gone though this with RCS?

You can't order in $CDN if you have the order shipped to the US. You get billed in $US, same dollar amount but with no conversion. You can order in $CDN only if you have the order shipped to a Canadian address. But then you get hit with Canadian tax, which wipes out a lot of what you saved from the discrepancy between the US and CDN dollar.

Edited by LAK74

You can't order in $CDN if you have the order shipped to the US. You get billed in $US, same dollar amount but with no conversion. You can order in $CDN only if you have the order shipped to a Canadian address. But then you get hit with Canadian tax, which wipes out a lot of what you saved from the discrepancy between the US and CDN dollar.

Not sure if this matters or not but you can browse the site in $CAD and it's the same price as the $US. I think they just charge the same amount in either currency. I think this was brought up before.

Yes, that's exactly what we are saying here. Just reiterating for the benefit of the OP who didn't seem to understand why he got charged in US dollars instead of the same number of CDN dollars.

Yes, that's exactly what we are saying here. Just reiterating for the benefit of the OP who didn't seem to understand why he got charged in US dollars instead of the same number of CDN dollars.

Gotcha, sorry your post made it seem like you can order for less in $CAD.

You can order for less in CDN, but you must have it shipped to a Canadian address. I actually did this once when I ordered a Leafs 2.0 and asked for it to be sent straight to SLC in Canada to get lettered. That way I would avoid having it sent to me in the US, then having to send it back to Canada (SLC), and having them send it back across the border again after it was finished. I would have gotten a great deal on the whole thing, but my plan got screwed up when RCS told me they couldn't find the size I ordered in their inventory, and they had to cancel the order.

So you can pay in $CDN on the site, but only if you have the order shipped to a Canadian address. But when you add the Canadian taxes plus the cost of having it shipped to you from Canada (which would have been free from RCS for a $100 order), you really don't end up saving anything.

You can order for less in CDN, but you must have it shipped to a Canadian address. I actually did this once when I ordered a Leafs 2.0 and asked for it to be sent straight to SLC in Canada to get lettered. That way I would avoid having it sent to me in the US, then having to send it back to Canada (SLC), and having them send it back across the border again after it was finished. I would have gotten a great deal on the whole thing, but my plan got screwed up when RCS told me they couldn't find the size I ordered in their inventory, and they had to cancel the order.

So you can pay in $CDN on the site, but only if you have the order shipped to a Canadian address. But when you add the Canadian taxes plus the cost of having it shipped to you from Canada (which would have been free from RCS for a $100 order), you really don't end up saving anything.

Well then the website is super confusing because I don't see that listed anywhere that you will actually be charged $CAD by entering a Canadian shipping address. When you toggle between $USD and $CAD at the top right of the site, the prices do not change but this is before any shipping information is entered.

That info is not listed anywhere. Whether you are browsing in CDN or US price mode, when you check out, the price will switch to $US if you list a US shipping address. If your item is listed as $100 CDN, it will simply be reset to $100 US when you check out. They simply don't convert the currencies to current equal value.