DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been using the global shipping program because I'm so nervous of shady people just claiming non receipt and me being SOL. I feel like once it's out of the country there's no recourse. With the GSP, once it gets to the domestic forwarding center, the seller's obligation is complete.

I'm guessing you can use USPS global express shipping, but that cost is just as exorbitant as the GSP anyway.

What do you guys do?

I do First Class International packages. Most non US buyers are ok with the extra wait because it's cheaper, and unlike Priority, you can just hand it to the mailman.

I used to resist overseas transactions because of the perceived added hassle, but I've never had a single issue with a non US bidder (and I have thousands of transactions), but I've had plenty in the US.

The Dude's way is better, though. Jersey in 2 days instead of two weeks, thanks again!!

I do First Class International packages. Most non US buyers are ok with the extra wait because it's cheaper, and unlike Priority, you can just hand it to the mailman.

I used to resist overseas transactions because of the perceived added hassle, but I've never had a single issue with a non US bidder (and I have thousands of transactions), but I've had plenty in the US.

The Dude's way is better, though. Jersey in 2 days instead of two weeks, thanks again!!

Yeah, the border crossing trick is aces, for sure.

When shipping to Canada, how do you calculate the cost? Do you do a flat rate, give a good guestimate depending on where the buyer lives or have eBay do it?

When I have sold to Canada in the past, I would usually charge $25 USD flat and ship it First Class International. Then I would pray the person lives in eastern Canada as shipping normally from NJ would be $17-23. However, if I am shipping to someplace like BC, I usually end up paying like $23-35.

I let eBay calculate it based in location. If you put in the proper dimensions and weight, they are pretty accurate. I have never had them be wrong. You just need to plan ahead a little and actually have the shipping box and actually weigh it before you list the item.

I don't charge a flat rate because I have a fundamental issue with pocketing extra money by overcharging for shipping. If you charged $25 flat, and the max that you'd pay is $25, then you're overcharging the people who cost $17-23. Praying that it will cost less than what you charged doesn't seem right to me, unless you are returning that $2-8 to the buyer.

I'm so adamant about it that if I accidentally do overcharge for shipping (its rare, if you ship often enough you know how much a boxed jersey weighs), I refund it to the buyer after shipping the item with an apology.

I always am upfront about the cost for the shipping, so even if I pocket a little extra money I usually don't feel too bad. I consider that the "handling" fee because I have to spend extra time at the post office filling out those customs forms. I usually lie a bit about the value as well as write on the declaration "MADE IN CANADA" as I hear that actually gets the buyer to avoid possible duty fees.

However, when the item ships to someplace like Vancouver, I just suck it up and absorb the loss (plus of course the approx 13% fee eBay and Paypal take out combined).

I think I will try your method next time I an considering letting Canadian buyers bid on one of my items. Couldn't hurt and it seems simple enough.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Edmonton-Oilers-Jersey-CCM-Authentic-Size-52-/262351809239?nav=SEARCH

Daaaaaaaaang.

I hope you snagged it.

Edited by Hockey Bob

I always am upfront about the cost for the shipping, so even if I pocket a little extra money I usually don't feel too bad. I consider that the "handling" fee because I have to spend extra time at the post office filling out those customs forms. I usually lie a bit about the value as well as write on the declaration "MADE IN CANADA" as I hear that actually gets the buyer to avoid possible duty fees.

However, when the item ships to someplace like Vancouver, I just suck it up and absorb the loss (plus of course the approx 13% fee eBay and Paypal take out combined).

I think I will try your method next time I an considering letting Canadian buyers bid on one of my items. Couldn't hurt and it seems simple enough.

It always comes out right, the buyers are always happy because they avoid the GSP and they don't overpay, nobody likes paying a "handling fee" or being told they are paying extra money for your time standing in line.

And, you can print the shipping label right through eBay (takes an extra moment because you do have to fill in customs info), and you can hand it to your carrier, which is how do all of my shipments instead of wasting time at the post office.

It always comes out right, the buyers are always happy because they avoid the GSP and they don't overpay, nobody likes paying a "handling fee" or being told they are paying extra money for your time standing in line.

And, you can print the shipping label right through eBay (takes an extra moment because you do have to fill in customs info), and you can hand it to your carrier, which is how do all of my shipments instead of wasting time at the post office.

Hmmm intriguing. I think I will give it a shot next time. Might encourage a bigger audience to buy my crap.

Hmmm intriguing. I think I will give it a shot next time. Might encourage a bigger audience to buy my crap.

Which, of course, is why you list items on eBay and pay their fee in the first place.

Are the arm numbers correct I emailed him for more pics of those and the back of the jersey ,I am about 15 minutes away

Good way to celebrate the first round pounding they're about to receive.

Now that I think about it that doesn't have much sting to it coming from a devils fan. And I just realized all four of the other old Atlantic teams made the playoffs. s***.

Edited by JoeM7392

They just recently announced the EXPO dates, but we're still 3 months away, so I think the Sales Terms & Conditions are still a little ways away from being announced. Probably sometime after Memorial Day.

IIRC, the best offers last year were 40% jerseys at least 2 seasons old or Buy One Full Price, Get One of Equal or less value for free. Please correct me if I'm wrong there.