DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

7 hours ago, Sk3 said:

i keep getting excited that theres a steal, but I just see you guys debating meigrays marketing scheme smh

Oh well.  Like this isn't the first time a thread got derailed for a day.  Don't be so sensitive.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Please accept my most humble apology. Devilsguy, you are next in line to apologize.

Not apologizing for a member being what I believe to be overly sensitive.  How many times have threads here been derailed with memes, jokes, etc that has nothing to even remotely to do with jerseys?  You don't see me whining about it.

Hobbies are supposed to be fun, but I think too many people take it way too seriously.

19 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Hobbies are supposed to be fun, but I think too many people take it way too seriously.

Couldn't agree more! 

18 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Honestly, with the prices for most I think for this they threw a bone to us collectors.  They didn't even really advertise this except I got a message from Meigray about it since they know I collect Devils (that and they know me since I stop by their office/warehouse about 1-2 times a month).

Is it in NJ? Do they have like an open to the public store?

48 minutes ago, billman119 said:

Is it in NJ? Do they have like an open to the public store?

Yes in Branchburg.  It is not open to public, you have to call/email and ask.  Every time I go there it is to pick up/drop off something.

Just now, Dr_Puck said:

Sarcasm is my friend.

It's hard to sometimes interpret postings as being sarcastic or not.  If it is, then I am out of line and do apologize in that case.

51 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

This has gone meta. Lol... I wasn't actually apologizing to Sk3. I rather enjoyed our back and forth on Meigray marketing.

D'oh lol and me too.  We need to create a thread just about Meigray.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Yes in Branchburg.  It is not open to public, you have to call/email and ask.  Every time I go there it is to pick up/drop off something.

Interesting. Too bad they don't have a store. 

5 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

How many times have threads here been derailed with memes, jokes, etc that has nothing to even remotely to do with jerseys? 

58F5E22E-EC49-4CA1-B667-E6E1D574E884.png

Not sure if this is customized correctly, never checked. But still a good price for a Habs road Ultrafil size 52. 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/272289472598

3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

This has gone meta. Lol... I wasn't actually apologizing to Sk3. I rather enjoyed our back and forth on Meigray marketing.

Oh I'm used to it too, and was mildly entertained, was more just poking fun at it going on for a couple pages. Tried to make it  a little more joke clear with the trump comment, but it looks like I simply failed at being sarcastic on a forum

7 minutes ago, Sk3 said:

Oh I'm used to it too, and was mildly entertained, was more just poking fun at it going on for a couple pages. Tried to make it  a little more joke clear with the trump comment, but it looks like I simply failed at being sarcastic on a forum

It went on for less than a page.

Just now, Devilsguy said:

It went on for less than a page.

Ironically, NOW it is a couple of pages, since he had to object to it...

From MeiGray:

Welcome to MeiGray's NHL 4th of July Fireworks Sale

What a week in the NHL's off-season. Talk about Fireworks before the 4th of July!!

From the moment the NHL's teams started maneuvering before last Friday's Draft began, it was a wild week with huge moves that shook the NHL. And with a few weeks to go before our Annual Summer Sale, MeiGray wants to kick off the NHL Summer of '16 with a chance for you to save big.

For 4 Days Only, UNTIL MONDAY, JULY 4 at 11:59 pm, take 40% off any player in MGG's-owned stock who was traded, bought out, waived, or otherwise moved in the last few days. Jerseys, Goal Pucks, Equipment. Anything MeiGray-owned of these players is now on sale:
  • Jared Boll
  • Jack Campbell
  • Alex Chiasson
  • Taylor Hall
  • Nick Holden
  • Barrett Jackman
  • Lauri Korpikoski
  • Adam Larsson
  • Kerby Rychel
  • Fedor Tjutin
  • R.J. Umberger
  • Shea Weber
Want more than 40% off. BUY ONE ITEM FROM THE LIST ABOVE, and TAKE ONE ITEM OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE FROM THE LIST ABOVE FOR FREE.

3 minutes ago, hatryk said:

So did it but they charged me full price. Hopefully meigray refunds back the difference

If I'm not mistaken, they'll add the discount before your card is charged; they run all of their transactions manually. 

The email I got said that they would refund the difference.

On-line orders are encouraged to ensure availability. Ignore retail price. Sale price will be processed manually by MGG.

DISCOUNT COUPONS & ANY OTHER MGG CERTIFICATES MAY NOT BE USED FOR THIS SALE.

THIS SALE CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER SALE.

IF PAYING BY CHECK/MONEY ORDER OR PAYPAL, PAYMENT MUST BE POSTMARKED WITHIN 48 HOURS. PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE HELD 15 BUSINESS DAYS TO CLEAR.

IF PAYING BY PAYPAL, FOR PRICE ADJUSTMENT SEND PAYMENT TO SALES@MEIGRAY.COM SEPARATELY, NOT THROUGH SECURE ORDERING SYSTEM.

I did the same thing, bought a Game Issued.

Frankly, if they try to charge me full price, I'll dispute it with my credit card, solely based on this " Anything MeiGray-owned of these players is now on sale " They were on sale, for sure.

It's all manually done by Meigray.  I see them do it when I pay for it in person.  The website just creates a sort of virtual purchase order with your information and then they go ahead and manually enter your card information into the system.  You should all be fine.

1 hour ago, hatryk said:

Looking at my bank app says it's paid.  

Hopefully u didn't get same issued as me

Your bank would have a hold, it's not actually a final, cleared payment yet. Nothing happens that quickly. Meigray's system just automatically holds on your card for the amount when you place an order.

And no, we wouldn't get the same issued. Their system doesn't allow that to happen.

45 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Your bank would have a hold, it's not actually a final, cleared payment yet. Nothing happens that quickly. Meigray's system just automatically holds on your card for the amount when you place an order.

Yup. Temporary hold is automatically placed, but the actual purchase is entered manually, as it says in TheKevinShow's quote above. You'll get the sale price.

in the extremely unlikely event you didn't, a call or e-mail to MeiGray would fix it, you wouldn't need to dispute the charge. 

Same holds true if, as I suspect, the sale was only supposed to be game worns. They don't usually give that big of a discount on a game issued, if the player left the team or not. But they didn't say it, so I'm guessing they'd honor it even if it was in error. 

It clearly states:

Anything MeiGray-owned of these players is now on sale:

That in no way excludes GIs, especially because they further specified that it includes equipment and pucks. I highly doubt that they would include equipment and pucks but not a portion of the jerseys.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Just now, TheKevinShow said:

It clearly states:

That in no way excludes GIs.

I didn't say that it did, in fact I specifically said it did not say that.

But historically, they only offer a discount that large on game worn, not game issued.