DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

7 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

It's on, on the condition that we duel wearing some of Brilliant's expensive gamers. We need to make it interesting because otherwise it would be a lot of hissing and one or two slaps like a good cat fight.

Each armed with double handed squirt containers of Bbq sauce. Then we don't tell anyone and make all the guys on the site scour the internet for photo matches thinking it's blood stains. 

That way we both win.

I'm assuming yours is a goalie, and if it's not, it's probably a smaller size than the one I'm after. Plus, I have a backup so we're probably still good. 

Unless I decide to buy both the original jersey and the backup, knowing me I can't guarantee that won't happen. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year was the first year in a while where I can remember the Holiday sale not being as good as the Summer sale.  I can image this year's holiday sale being about on-par with last year's holiday sale, but they could always throw a curveball in there and change it up.

Hopefully sales numbers indicate that they sell more merch with the summer sale prices than the black friday prices, which in turn causes them to use the summer sale prices for this year's black friday sale :D

5 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are clearance items usually excluded?

Clearance are always excluded.

12 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Me too. I'm looking at a gamer that was more than likely only worn once. If they go 50 percent off, it's mine.

Naturally, when I went back to make sure my target jersey was available (it is), I found another one I want. But, I think one or both may be too recent, they usually apply a lesser discount to more recent jerseys. 

I guess we shall see what transpires. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Usually anything I would be interested in is excluded, or at least a lesser discount than the rest. 

Yep.  All the good stuff is either excluded or already sold! :P

There is a jersey Meigray has that they have on consignment that I have been going back and forth on.  It's a jersey I sold a little over a year ago and sorta, kinda wish I had back lol.  However, the price is still a little high for me but it has been lowered twice now in the past 3 months so I have hope lol.

24 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

There is a jersey Meigray has that they have on consignment that I have been going back and forth on.  It's a jersey I sold a little over a year ago and sorta, kinda wish I had back lol.  However, the price is still a little high for me but it has been lowered twice now in the past 3 months so I have hope lol.

Have you made an offer on it? Two price drops in 3 months might mean that seller is a little more willing to deal than they typically are...

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Have you made an offer on it? Two price drops in 3 months might mean that seller is a little more willing to deal than they typically are...

My offer would be the same price that I sold it for.  Problem is, if I offer that at Meigray, the consignor (who is the guy I sold it to) would get something like 80% of my offer and I do not think he would take that.

On 18-11-2016 at 3:03 PM, Devilsguy said:

Last year was the first year in a while where I can remember the Holiday sale not being as good as the Summer sale.  I can image this year's holiday sale being about on-par with last year's holiday sale, but they could always throw a curveball in there and change it up.

If GIs are 40% off just like in the Summer Sale, then those Devils Retro Green GIs are a definite steal (they're not marked as New Arrival anymore) :)

41 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

If GIs are 40% off just like in the Summer Sale, then those Devils Retro Green GIs are a definite steal (they're not marked as New Arrival anymore) :)

Ohhh, I might need another if that happens. 

21 hours ago, amonte78 said:

I wouldn't count on 40% off being there at the holiday sale for the GI's.  They might be 40% off at the summer sale.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:51 PM, furiousd said:

I take it that once you consign something to Meigray, you can't get it back? (That's probably consignment 101. I'm just unfamiliar with the process.)

I have never consigned something to Meigray, but I have heard and seen instances where the consignor takes the jerseys back.  I think it depends on your contract/agreement when you initially consign to them.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:41 PM, goal zone said:

You can try, you never know.  

I don't think it would do it.  Plus I know the consignor and we are friendly.  If I bend him over the barrel with the pricing, he might not be too happy with me later on.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:51 PM, furiousd said:

I take it that once you consign something to Meigray, you can't get it back? (That's probably consignment 101. I'm just unfamiliar with the process.)

21 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I have never consigned something to Meigray, but I have heard and seen instances where the consignor takes the jerseys back.  I think it depends on your contract/agreement when you initially consign to them.

I don't see why you couldn't get the jersey back.  When you sell something on consignment you don't sell your jersey to the consignee (Meigray, in this instance).  You give the item to them and have them sell it on your behalf.  They retain possession of the item, but not ownership of it.  Once it sells, they take their fee and give you the remaining amount of the sale.  You probably tell them up-front the lowest amount you will take for the item, and any other offers they will present to you for review. 

26 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I don't see why you couldn't get the jersey back.  When you sell something on consignment you don't sell your jersey to the consignee (Meigray, in this instance).  You give the item to them and have them sell it on your behalf.  They retain possession of the item, but not ownership of it.  Once it sells, they take their fee and give you the remaining amount of the sale.  You probably tell them up-front the lowest amount you will take for the item, and any other offers they will present to you for review. 

I've actually seen instances where Meigray "buys" the consigned jerseys.  It is rare, but it does happen.  However in most cases what you wrote is from what I understand accurate.

I recently negotiated with MeiGray on a consigned jersey; it involved having them receive the offer, relay it to the seller, and vice versa with the seller's response. So on mine, clearly the seller was still pulling the strings. 

Also, someone buy this nice size 54 Devils Ultrafil for $99. Its irking me that its not a 56, which I would have bought for $99 all day long. This one has been listed a few times with no takers. Someone message that guy, make an offer, and buy it so I can stop getting excited when it gets delisted, only to learn its that same 54. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90s-Vtg-New-Jersey-devils-jersey-fight-strap-size-54-CCM/112211222667?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37338%26meid%3D72ab70a5d90d4b8ebc686deef5ef60de%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D122235301032%26clkid%3D611393742375335219&_qi=RTM2247627

The pictures are crap, but it looks to me that there's a chance it might be an airknit.  Would that put your mind to rest? :)