• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/27/2017 at 2:54 PM, Devilsguy said:

EPS just posted this on their Facebook timeline about 45 minutes ago:

"EPS Spring Special this year?   Stay Tuned...."

Is there any info on this yet?  I have been getting a few jerseys together that I will need to send in.  What has been the deal in the past?  20% off?

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Yes, it's been 20% off in the past.

Yes, 20% off, one use per customer but that one use can be for as many jerseys as you like. They put out a code that you have to put into the order form in order to get the deal.

I have two waiting to go thus far. 

• 3 weeks later...

For those who don't mind an indo edge to say maybe wear to games or while watching games.

I would consider an indo-edge to wear had I not already had a jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332134245682

• 2 weeks later...

WOW.  I'm dumbfounded as to how something like that slips through everyone's radar.  I guess because the description is so terse and the title is so generic.

The jersey was purchased 4 minutes after it was listed.  You would have had to have been searching at the exact time it was listed to see it.

3 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

The jersey was purchased 4 minutes after it was listed.  You would have had to have been searching at the exact time it was listed to see it.

Oh, it said 1 bid.  Didn't realize it was a BIN situation.  That makes more sense.  Still... $16 starting bid with $25 BIN?  WTF.  Maybe they screwed up and meant to make it $250 BIN (which still would have been a bargain).

10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Oh, it said 1 bid.  Didn't realize it was a BIN situation.  That makes more sense.  Still... $16 starting bid with $25 BIN?  WTF.  Maybe they screwed up and meant to make it $250 BIN (which still would have been a bargain).

Classic case of someone not knowing what they have I guess, wish there were more of those.....

They pop up more than you think. Usually never last more than 5-10 minutes though so unless you are on eBay constantly you'll miss them.  I can catch one like that maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

Edit:  oops wrong thread

Edited by Devilsguy

5 hours ago, jukierules said:

Looks like a Doug Favell gamer with the cut hem. But odd thing is the inverted crest colors. I dont know anything about Rockies history but potentially looks like that was a steal. 

20 hours ago, jukierules said:

Very interesting and not the first time I have seen one of these with the inverted colors.  I wouldn't immediately say this is not a gamer as I would say it is.  This is definitely a research jersey for the following reasons:

1) Favell was with the team from 76-77 inaugural season to 78-79 season.  In the first season the team wore Champion mesh with their first set being an early form of the logo and without nameplates and around Thanksgiving switched to the more commonly known logo with nameplates (at least on the whites).  In 77-78 and 78-79 season they wore Rawlings mesh with nameplates.  This may or may not have had a nameplate removal but can't tell due to the picture as it might be just a crease.

2) I have searched through all Getty photos of Rockies wearing their homes and cannot find a single picture of the team wearing these types of jerseys.

So my conclusions/theories are:

1) It's a legit gamer that was possibly worn for 1 or 2 games as not all games have easily accessible photo and research will need to be done.

2) It was a jersey prepared for the team but was rejected due to the mistake in the inverted colors.  This was then given to the public for rec league use as I believe they were known to do that.

3) Store-bought or overstock from team when they were messing around with the design before settling on the final design.

There could be other reasons but this is for sure a research jersey that if it was proven could be a legit gamer would give the owner a nice profit.