sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

You know, I saw my post at the top just now and said, "Man, how'd I get away with that one?" Good work.

That's a great deal....sadly however everyone that I've seen like this has ended up going in the upper $200 range. How come it seems like when I want to bid on something everything ends up jumping up high but yet when I sell on the bay my bids stay low....lol.

Wanted to double check, so I called and asked. At first the woman who I spoke with said it was not the current third and it was not the Winter Classic. She stated it was essentially a WC without the patch. After inquiring if they have the 09 WC patch, she stated they do not.

After hearing this I told her I wanted to cancel my order. She asked for my contact info and said that she'd get call me back to see if the order had already been started (I ordered on the 30th). About 10 minutes later I received a call from Rob who stated the jersey does in fact have the shoulder patches so it is a current third. With this being the case I decided to go through with the order.

The entire time I was talking to the first person, I kept thinking it's ridiculous that they're selling a jersey that the team technically never wore. It should either come with the WC patch or it should have the tomahawks. So I'm glad in the end, it is the current third with the tomahawks. Now I just have to wait for it :)

Thanks very much for the investigative work! I was on the fence about getting an old third Blackhawks Edge Authentic, but with this sale, I am very close to pulling the trigger on a new third!

I don't know if this is fake but if not it could be a big steal

My link

Looks to be a legit double-tagged Gretzky replica - I'm shocked, when I clicked the link I assumed it'd be one of those horrible fake blue Starter Gretzkys that are everywhere. I doubt it'll stay that cheap though with 6 days left on the auction.

True....But I think most people on this fourm already have a Florida Pathers jersey!!

I can see you are new here so you didn't follow along with last year's Mei-Grey grab bag fiasco...It seems as if just about everyone got a Panthers jersey. :angry:

It seems as if just about everyone got a Panthers jersey. :angry:

It could have been worse - I got a size 60 goalie-cut Kings purple 3rd.

Not a popular style, in a big size (which I don't mind personally), but the worst part was it was goalie cut. Arm holes as big as your head.

Not a popular style, in a big size (which I don't mind personally), but the worst part was it was goalie cut. Arm holes as big as your head.

wizard4.gif

wizard4.gif

HER VIRGIN HANG LIKE SLEEVE OF WIZARD!

I'll trade you my 56 Panthers jersey for your Kings jersey.

retail authentic, so 1.0

Ok, I'm new to this forum and therefore some of the more detailed specifics of this hobby. I thought they were both available retail, I have a 2 year old Flames Edge that is a completely different material than a Leafs Edge that I just picked up last week (lighter more airknit type fabric vs the heavier more sheen fabric of the Flames one). Thought this was the 1.0-->2.0 difference?

Ok, I'm new to this forum and therefore some of the more detailed specifics of this hobby. I thought they were both available retail, I have a 2 year old Flames Edge that is a completely different material than a Leafs Edge that I just picked up last week (lighter more airknit type fabric vs the heavier more sheen fabric of the Flames one). Thought this was the 1.0-->2.0 difference?

Provide pictures please - but my guess from the "sheen" and the heavy comments is that the Flames might be a fake. NHL Edge 2.0s are not available for retail - they are still just team/game issue only, so while it is possible to get one (via MeiGray or similar) they are still very uncommon outside of game worn jerseys.

Both Edge 1.0s and 2.0s have the same material on the back. If you've got two jerseys without the same material on the back, one may be a fake. Also all Edge 2.0s being team/game issue will not have inside neck tagging.

Provide pictures please - but my guess from the "sheen" and the heavy comments is that the Flames might be a fake. NHL Edge 2.0s are not available for retail - they are still just team/game issue only, so while it is possible to get one (via MeiGray or similar) they are still very uncommon outside of game worn jerseys.

Both Edge 1.0s and 2.0s have the same material on the back. If you've got two jerseys without the same material on the back, one may be a fake. Also all Edge 2.0s being team/game issue will not have inside neck tagging.

Ok. I'll get pictures up soon. Neither are fakes though definitely. The Flames Edge one was bought from the Flames fanzone (Team authorized shop) in Calgary a couple years back for $225 on sale. The Leafs one was bought from Sportchek near Toronto last week and it is tagged as and came up on the system as "Leafs Authentic Edge". I can't see team authorized shops or Sportchek selling anything fake. Actually now that I hold them side-by-side I may be thinking that they were so different simply due to the different cut that they have. Both have same back fabric and collar tagging but The Flames one seems to have broader shoulders with the non mes material taking up more real-estate where the Leafs one has a different pattern from the shoulder panels (thicker more "closed" fabric) down through the sides. I made the mistake of buying a fake for cheap a few years back and neither of these are anywhere near the same ballpark of that one.

Thanks for the help.

Ok. I'll get pictures up soon. Neither are fakes though definitely. The Flames Edge one was bought from the Flames fanzone (Team authorized shop) in Calgary a couple years back for $225 on sale. The Leafs one was bought from Sportchek near Toronto last week and it is tagged as and came up on the system as "Leafs Authentic Edge". I can't see team authorized shops or Sportchek selling anything fake. Actually now that I hold them side-by-side I may be thinking that they were so different simply due to the different cut that they have. Both have same back fabric and collar tagging but The Flames one seems to have broader shoulders with the non mes material taking up more real-estate where the Leafs one has a different pattern from the shoulder panels (thicker more "closed" fabric) down through the sides. I made the mistake of buying a fake for cheap a few years back and neither of these are anywhere near the same ballpark of that one.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry I so quickly jump to the fake conclusion. I thought you were saying the whole jersey was a heavier weight material.

Sounds like they are both legit 1.0s if both have same back material and collar tagging. If I recall correctly there are slightly different cuts in the shoulders depending on the design style for some teams - I seem to recall someone putting up examples of that in the past, but I definitely could be wrong (again).

Sorry I so quickly jump to the fake conclusion. I thought you were saying the whole jersey was a heavier weight material.

Sounds like they are both legit 1.0s if both have same back material and collar tagging. If I recall correctly there are slightly different cuts in the shoulders depending on the design style for some teams - I seem to recall someone putting up examples of that in the past, but I definitely could be wrong (again).

No problem man, I appreciate the clarification regardless, bought a few jerseys here and there but just starting to get "in" to the hobby really. I'll make a separate thread when I get a chance to take pics just to show how different these side panels are just between teams and to stop clogging this thread up.

Thanks again

Have any of those early-birds who got in on the RCS sale a few weeks ago received any sort of shipping notification yet?

I ordered on 12/29, no jersey, no shipping notification no response to my email last week checking the status.

You'll get it. I don't think I've EVER gotten shipping confirmation from them. Int'l shipping is ridiculously slow right now too so I'm sure that's not helping. I'm waiting on one I ordered from Europe over three weeks ago.

I ordered on 12/29, no jersey, no shipping notification no response to my email last week checking the status.

Hmmmm, that doesn't sound good. I was going to order before the end of the week but don't like the sounds of this. Did you call them to check status? I called last week to see how long the sale would be on and they seemed friendly and really helpful by phone. Let us know if that helps sort things out please.