sungod661

DEALS AND STEALS

8,221 posts in this topic

If this year is anything like last year, Meigray should be announcing the terms of the upcoming summer sale today.

Quick review of my usual searches over there reveals that they ain't got nothing for me. That's sad, but good for my wallet. 

10 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

I'm seeing at least two players of interest to me in that Kings sale but I just can't bring myself to drop $300 on a GI. Sweet jerseys but I hope the price comes down. 

I'm hoping it shows up with wear and used as a backup jersey. 

10 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

I'm seeing at least two players of interest to me in that Kings sale but I just can't bring myself to drop $300 on a GI. Sweet jerseys but I hope the price comes down. 

Shipping to Europe is a whopping $75. How about no.

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Quick review of my usual searches over there reveals that they ain't got nothing for me. That's sad, but good for my wallet. 

I was hoping you'd buy a Jagr Devils GI and sell it for $200 in a few months :P

17 hours ago, hatryk said:

Kings selling issued jerseys of players for $300 on their game used site. 

Are these just slapped together and sold for cheap to make up for their recent ridiculous price markup on their gamers?

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Are these just slapped together and sold for cheap to make up for their recent ridiculous price markup on their gamers?

Right?  Just imagine if they took some blanks and did in-house team store fan customization.  That would be terrible.

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Regardless, after seeing how some other teams decided to liquidate their stock, 300 seems grubby.  Maybe if they were the anniversary jerseys, but I didn't see any of those.

I've seen some of these jerseys in person, and at least for the prospects, many if not most of their jerseys were almost certainly used in preseason Kings vs Kings scrimmages or in games against other divisional teams' prospects.  In fact, one of the jerseys Dr. Puck is considering, I actually have a photomatch to a Kings vs Kings game.

I'm not sure about the current players' jerseys.  I'm pretty sure they used up their home preseason sets at Frozen Fury in Vegas, which I attended, and those have already been put up for sale on the site.  Frozen Fury games were the last 2 preseason games, so why would they make up another set of preseason jerseys with nameplates?  I could see why they might make up a backup set of jerseys, but why put nameplates on them?  The Kings travel with the preseason road set as backups, so these might possibly be the ones for sale now, but I can't be positive about that.

EDIT:  I took a closer look at the black jerseys for the regular (non-prospect) players, and at least in the 2 jerseys pictured (Doughty & McNabb), there are no nameplates.  So these black jerseys must have been made sometime during the regular season (not the preseason), and possibly before January 2017, as they do not have the NHL 100th patch.  They also seem to have official tags in the hem, whereas the others don't.

Edited by LAK74

19 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Regardless, after seeing how some other teams decided to liquidate their stock, 300 seems grubby.  Maybe if they were the anniversary jerseys, but I didn't see any of those.

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I find the Kings home and away jerseys very boring. 

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I've seen some of these jerseys in person, and at least for the prospects, many if not most of their jerseys were almost certainly used in preseason Kings vs Kings scrimmages or in games against other divisional teams' prospects.  In fact, one of the jerseys Dr. Puck is considering, I actually have a photomatch to a Kings vs Kings game.

I'm not sure about the current players' jerseys.  I'm pretty sure they used up their home preseason sets at Frozen Fury in Vegas, which I attended, and those have already been put up for sale on the site.  Frozen Fury games were the last 2 preseason games, so why would they make up another set of preseason jerseys with nameplates?  I could see why they might make up a backup set of jerseys, but why put nameplates on them?  The Kings travel with the preseason road set as backups, so these might possibly be the ones for sale now, but I can't be positive about that.

Are you also 100% certain they were even customized by Bobcat? I'm still just a little wary that they are just thrown together (by whomever can get the job done quickly) based on the customers selection. It seems like there is more than one Quick jersey available for only $300. That just seems fishy to me, like they are made to order.  

5 hours ago, amonte78 said:

I was hoping you'd buy a Jagr Devils GI and sell it for $200 in a few months :P

The price on those is a rip off, even at summer sale prices!

Edited by mfitz804

12 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Are you also 100% certain they were even customized by Bobcat? I'm still just a little wary that they are just thrown together (by whomever can get the job done quickly) based on the customers selection. It seems like there is more than one Quick jersey available for only $300. That just seems fishy to me, like they are made to order.  

Those are Bobcat jobs.  I've never seen anyone else who could do them like that.

3 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

So I guess I'm not the only one who thinks the Kings have the most insanely overpriced gamers in the league.  How I wish the Kings were still with MeiGray...

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The price on those is a rip off, even at summer sale prices!The price on those is a rip off, even at summer sale prices!

:D

7 hours ago, hatryk said:

I'm hoping it shows up with wear and used as a backup jersey. 

As LAK74 mentioned earlier it looks like those are preseason jerseys with nameplates.  I saw one of the Doughty's that had a nameplate.  Not sure about all though. 

I edited my post earlier to reflect this, but I noticed that all the jerseys seem to have nameplates except for the home jerseys of established Kings players (not prospects).  So these particular home jerseys were probably not preseason ones, and most likely made during the regular season as a backup set.  Exactly when, who knows- they don't have the NHL 100th patch, which might indicate a pre-January 2017 date, but they don't have the All-Star Game patch either, which should have been on them before January.

Edited by LAK74

29 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I edited my post earlier to reflect this, but I noticed that all the jerseys seem to have nameplates except for the home jerseys of established Kings players (not prospects).  So these particular home jerseys were probably not preseason ones, and most likely made during the regular season as a backup set.  Exactly when, who knows- they don't have the NHL 100th patch, which might indicate a pre-January 2017 date, but they don't have the All-Star Game patch either, which should have been on them before January.

I wish the showed the actual jersey you are selecting from the menu for purchase. I don't like how there's only a few pictures of the Quick, Doughty, etc. I'm really curious what the exact end product will be. 

Though I do love the Kings home jerseys in this style (thanks TBG!!!!) I can't justify the price. Plus this thread just give me even more pause. 

I'd rather they just sold blank TI 2.0s at a reduced price. Too many unknowns with these. 

So am I retarded?  I don't see any GI or other $300 jerseys.  The cheapest I see is a $500 Tom Gilbert (yeah, right).  Am I late or just stupid?

On 7/12/2017 at 2:33 PM, hatryk said:

Link was on the previous page.

33 minutes ago, cjerina said:

I bought one, so will advise what I received when it arrives.

Aaaaaaaaand I bought the "other" one. 

5 hours ago, cjerina said:

I bought one, so will advise what I received when it arrives.

4 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Aaaaaaaaand I bought the "other" one. 

Can you guys let us know if the ones you bought get removed from the list of available jerseys?  I'm really curious.