sungod661

DEALS AND STEALS

8,221 posts in this topic

We run into that a lot so for once the shoe is on the other foot . 

48 minutes ago, cowboys said:

+1

It was weird to hear it in reverse. 

2 hours ago, cowboys said:

Try being on the other side of the planet. Can usually negotiate with a seller but the cost of shipping really stings.

7 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Try being on the other side of the planet. Can usually negotiate with a seller but the cost of shipping really stings.

I hear you I had a guy want to buy a jersey but wanted shipping included in the price .

No f u c k i n g way .

8 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Being in Britain is bad enough for shipping.

1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

Being in Britain is bad enough

Sorry. Had to fix that for you.

24 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Sorry. Had to fix that for you.

Tbh I thought Fitzy was going to make that joke, but just like your mum, I left myself open :P

Well played good sir!

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Being in Britain is bad enough for dental care.

:)

hqdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, cjerina said:

So when are we all posting are Kings pick-ups?

I should be loaded up and ready to go by tomorrow. :)

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

I should be loaded up and ready to go by tomorrow. :)

I am tempted to get in on this now... Think they'd do a discount on a minor leaguer? 

Edited by Dr_Puck

I can't see the minor leaguers any more on my phone.  I can't imagine they sold out; they were the same price as the roster players' jerseys.

9 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I can't see the minor leaguers any more on my phone.  I can't imagine they sold out; they were the same price as the roster players' jerseys.

They pulled both the minor leaguers and the "former" players. Even if you try to go to the pages via the URLs, it just gives you an Error 404 page..

Edited by cjerina

I just emailed them. They have two players who were with their AHL team whose Kings GI I want but not at full price. I specifically asked if they'd sell them in the $200 range. We shall see. 

10 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I just emailed them. They have two players who were with their AHL team whose Kings GI I want but not at full price. I specifically asked if they'd sell them in the $200 range. We shall see. 

Definitely let me know, as i have one that I would consider at that price point as well.

3 hours ago, cjerina said:

Definitely let me know, as i have one that I would consider at that price point as well.

Same here if the former players are also in the $200 range

Just got an email response. Apparently there's a sale happening at the Staples Center for those minor leaguers. Once the sale ends on the 23rd, they go back up online. And they are keeping them at $300.

So there's that. I'm holding off for now. 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Just got an email response. Apparently there's a sale happening at the Staples Center for those minor leaguers. Once the sale ends on the 23rd, they go back up online. And they are keeping them at $300.

So are they still $300 at the sale? (Not sure how to interpret the term 'sale')

Yeah, by the sounds of it they're not budging on price. They even pointed out in their email to me that they normally go for $500. We're revisiting a previous topic but I have a hard time understanding how they'll move GIs of minor leaguers at $300, let alone $500. 

EDIT: I even indicated in my message that it would be nice if they came down to $200 or $250, hoping they'd at least knock down the price a bit. Nothing. If Kings fans can afford them, great but I don't see the lower name players moving. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

Sounds like they're banking on uninformed buyers that think GI is almost the the same as GW. 

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Sounds like they're banking on uninformed buyers that think GI is almost the the same as GW. 

Well, for the most part, they're also completely uninformed that 'some' listed as GIs are GW anyways.

26 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

From a marketing standpoint, removing them from potential online buyers for in-person sales only, and then NOT lowering the price after REPOSTING them back online seems absolutely pointless. Who the hell came up with that idea?