sungod661

DEALS AND STEALS

8,327 posts in this topic

Am I the only one still hoping that MGG does another Cyber Monday Flash sale on FB? With better jerseys compared to last week?

On 11/25/2017 at 0:42 PM, amonte78 said:

Am I the only one still hoping that MGG does another Cyber Monday Flash sale on FB? With better jerseys compared to last week?

Their holiday sale is disappointing.

3 minutes ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

Yes and a good one.

Cool!  I picked up a Leaf's white Wendel Clark last night.  Can't wait until it arrives!  

3 hours ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

Cool!  I picked up a Leaf's white Wendel Clark last night.  Can't wait until it arrives!  

It'll be what was advertised, he's a good seller. He's bought quite a few from me, I am waiting to see if any pop up for sale. 

I saw this ROY go through GWJA.org, and I thought it was kind of cheap for what it is.  Am I missing something here?  

97-98 Patrick Roy Gamer, $1,461 plus 19% buyers fee.   ($1738)

LINK:

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1997_98_Patrick_Roy_Colorado_Avalanche_Game_Worn_Jersey_All_Star_Season-13115-277.html

Edited by khabbi

I thought the same thing as I saw it progress. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it's tagged as a 96-97 jersey but claimed as a 97-98. Either that or somebody got the steal of the year...especially in an auction where just about everything went way above expectations. Who knows?

Apparently there are a lot of fake Avs gamers from those years. Outside a conclusive match, I would not buy one.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:29 PM, khabbi said:

I saw this ROY go through GWJA.org, and I thought it was kind of cheap for what it is.  Am I missing something here?  

97-98 Patrick Roy Gamer, $1,461 plus 19% buyers fee.   ($1738)

LINK:

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1997_98_Patrick_Roy_Colorado_Avalanche_Game_Worn_Jersey_All_Star_Season-13115-277.html

I thought the same thing....there has to be *something* about it that it went so low....

On 12/1/2017 at 4:44 PM, Brilliant! said:

I thought the same thing as I saw it progress. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it's tagged as a 96-97 jersey but claimed as a 97-98. Either that or somebody got the steal of the year...especially in an auction where just about everything went way above expectations. Who knows?

yeah, I was watching a couple jerseys there and once it hit extended bidding things went a little too wild for me. saved me some money, I guess.

I’m not even remotely close to knowing enough about Avs jerseys to be called anything like an expert however over the years I did speak to a few interesting individuals who worked for the organization. One of them was a former equipment manager who told me that the guys would take a jersey and rotate it in for a player to wear and then rotate it out and keep it for personal collections. This alledgedly happened with the Big 3 (Sakic, Forsberg, Roy) in the early 2000s. Based on that information alone I think personally a lot of people may be Leary when a listing says it was worn in X season but has all the signs of being from Y season. Photo match would be needed for sure to ease my mind on something like that. 

30% off today at Lids including Winter Classic authentic jerseys. Come to $164.50 for McDonagh, Zuccarello and Lundqvist. Everything should be stitched, but no WC patch.

Lids... Can that word be reported as vulgarity here? Lol. (Used to work for that company and I'll never spend a dime with those pricks again.) 

5 hours ago, lhg39 said:

30% off today at Lids including Winter Classic authentic jerseys. Come to $164.50 for McDonagh, Zuccarello and Lundqvist. Everything should be stitched, but no WC patch.

If I get a blank who can customize it quickly?

14 minutes ago, hatryk said:

If I get a blank who can customize it quickly?

I'm not sure how fast CoolHockey does it for stuff you send it, but I bought one from them and they had it done in a week. Reasonably accurate, which for an Indo jersey was good enough for me. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not sure how fast CoolHockey does it for stuff you send it, but I bought one from them and they had it done in a week. Reasonably accurate, which for an Indo jersey was good enough for me. 

The winter classics?

22 minutes ago, hatryk said:

The winter classics?

No, I wouldn’t buy a Rangers jersey!!!

I was only talking time, no idea if they do those or how long they’d take. Sorry for not being clearer. 

41 minutes ago, hatryk said:

The winter classics?

They tweeted that they were expecting WC jerseys and customization materials this week hopefully. They should be able to do it for you. Not sure what their turnaround would be on a jersey you send in. It is usually a week to a week and a half whe you order directly from them.

I picked up the Minnesota Wild Adidas White Authentic for $126. What a deal! I can't wait to compare it side by side with the white Reebok.

22 hours ago, lhg39 said:

They tweeted that they were expecting WC jerseys and customization materials this week hopefully. They should be able to do it for you. Not sure what their turnaround would be on a jersey you send in. It is usually a week to a week and a half whe you order directly from them.

Wasn’t for me for my dad. We wanted a skjei but they’re not premaking them so I bought a blank. Looking to get it done before the game. 

2 hours ago, hatryk said:

Wasn’t for me for my dad. We wanted a skjei but they’re not premaking them so I bought a blank. Looking to get it done before the game. 

Probably because they couldn’t figure out how to spell it. 

Could NHL.com possibly send me some more e-mails telling me how I can get things for 25% off? It seems like I have gotten one or more every day for the past 3 weeks. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Could NHL.com possibly send me some more e-mails telling me how I can get things for 25% off? It seems like I have gotten one or more every day for the past 3 weeks. 

Yeah I have been getting them too and at about 2-3 times a day.  Been especially bad since the beginning of November.  The deals have been anywhere from 25-40% off too.