Lemieux in Winter Classic alumni game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-winterclassic-alumnigame

Well. Looks like ill be buying this jersey now :)

Curious as to what jerseys they will use for this game. Will probably get a Bondra one, I heard that guy was pretty good back in his day.

I'm sure it will be the standard W.C jersey's.

Talk about a total change of interest on my part.

Fire Boudreau, your name says it all....

Seriously, have they announced the coaches? Where is Gary Green these days?

Too bad Badger Bob is no longer with us. Would've loved to hear him say "it's a great day for hockey" at Heinz Field.

The Caps haven't even announced who other than Bondra will be playing, though I did hear a rumor that Don Beaupre will be in goal for the Caps.

Here is the Caps roster:

http://www.onfrozenblog.com/2010/12/14/winter-classic-alumni-lines-and-pairings.html

Mel Angelstad must have turned them down or something. :lol:

The secretary of defense isn't lacing it up? This game is a sham then.

The secretary of defense isn't lacing it up? This game is a sham then.

Who needs Langway when you have the secretary of d*uche in the real deal?

wr21024x682.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still, that Caps lineup is missing some key names and does have some "Who?" names on it.

You've never heard of Michal Pivonka? Sylvain Cote? Greg Adams? Nick Kypreos? Where you been, man??

Nope. :blush: I actually don't know too much about the Capitals history. But I can tell ya a thing or two about the players on the Penguins alumni roster. :thumbsup:

I'm surprised Kolzig, Oates, Juneau, etc weren't selected. Those guys played on some good teams in the 90s for Washington.

Kolzig, yes. I can see how that's strange. He was THE goalie for a loooooong time and he had a lot of success there. Adam Oates and Joe Juneau though...eh; I can see why they WERE left off. Each of them really only spent parts of six seasons with the team and they both had the majority of their success BEFORE coming to Washington. That's not to say that they weren't fan favorites because I have no idea. Maybe they were. I'm not a Caps fan though so I don't know. Is that the consensus of all our resident Caps fans?

What about Bobby Carpenter? Mike Gartner? Dave Christian? Dale Hunter? Bengt Gustafsson?

No, that last one is NOT a typo. :D

What about Bobby Carpenter? Mike Gartner? Dave Christian? Dale Hunter? Bengt Gustafsson?

London Knights had a game here, vs the Sarnia Sting on Friday Night (they always play New Years Eve)

so possibly reason why Dale Hunter coudln't make it.

I really think it would have been nice for Jaromir Jagr to have played in the Alumni Game. He meant so much to the Penguins throughout his career in Pittsburgh - winning 2 Cups, being the captain, and finishing his career as the second leading scorer in Penguins history. I know the fans used to boo him every time he touched the puck when the Rangers or Capitals played in Pittsburgh, but the fans really would have loved him to come back to the Penguins. It seems to me Jagr has avoided coming back to Pittsburgh when he has had the chance - not signing with them after his contract expired with the Rangers and defecting back to his home country and not playing in this game.

if i were to get one of those jerseys worn with one of the players that wore it, it wouldnt be a jersey foul would it... i was thinking Tocchet, Coffey, Guierin for the penns & Druce & Berupe(sp?) for the Caps