The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I don't have a choice but to deal with StubHub because my school schedule won't necessarily let me do plans. I wanted to do a partial season for the Rangers but without knowing what kind of schedule I'm gonna have at John Jay in a few months, there's no point committing the money. I'm gonna try to do at least a half season next year when I have better choices of class times because even if I get out at 6 on game day, I'll be close enough that it really won't matter.

Math sucks, I was lucky enough that one of my friends from like 3 semesters ago offered to tutor me so I could pass algebra the second time through and all it cost me was chicken wings from Olive Tree, which she is now addicted to :thumbsup: - Now I'm taking statistics and I want to hang myself and that's after 3 weeks. Part of it is the workload, not so much in that class but I'm taking 4 other classes, one of which is honors, and a biology lab so I can graduate and not have a 6 month layoff before going to John Jay. I'm actually in for exactly zero dollars, financial aid pays for everything AND gives me $2100 extra every semester, so I actually have a decent amount of cash sitting around doing nothing between the free money and what I'm making from umpiring, and that's not even counting the 1500 bucks I still have coming for this semester after the book advance. My pockets took a $400 hit this week between the two games I went to, which is like 6-7 hockey games, but it was worth it to be part of something once-in-a-lifetime like that. You're probably right, I could deal with hating my life for another 3 years, but it's not just another 3 years because I still have to do 60 credits at John Jay, plus an internship, which is already another 2 years, and then take the LSAT's and hope I get into NYU Law because I can't see myself spending 3 years in Chicago or somewhere else with a decent law school just to have to come back and pass the Bar here anyway, AFTER passing it there to graduate. I can't just uproot myself at 30 for law school, especially when a BS in Criminal Justice can probably get me a job as a paralegal making decent money. Hell, broken nose guy is making north of 100k a year as a paralegal but dealing with patents. I could live nicely making half of that.

Your uncle still driving you crazy at the office?

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't use Stubhub for Yankees anymore, use the official ticket exchange. Stubhub seems to be screwing a lot of people over at the Stadium these days, and the team doesn't do anything for you at the window if you have a problem because they're not affiliated anymore.

I haven't had wings in ages. Stats 1 I passed easily because the professor gave 4 exams, all open book. However, the next semester with a different teacher I had to withdraw because I didn't learn jack the first semester, and ended up struggling. You can't beat zero dollars. NYU isn't the only good law school in the city.

Both uncles driving me crazy, as usual. Moving soon though, so you're running out of time to rob my apartment.

I haven't had a problem with StubHub so far, it seems like the tickets on the official ticket exchange are priced higher like they are with the Rangers. I actually am supposed to be getting a 25% refund on Sunday's ticket, which is like 30 bucks, because whoever listed the ticket didn't put obstructed view on the listing and I bought the ticket for section 233 assuming I'd be clear of the foul pole. When I downloaded the ticket and opened the .PDF, it said "limited view", so I called and complained and they gave me a refund that actually should've hit my account yesterday, I should check on that. I'll have to pay attention to prices on the official ticket exchange next year if I even bother going to games, depends on how bad the team is. Why pay to see a 4th place team when I can just watch them lose on TV for free?

The wings are still amazing, Mamoun's on the other hand can suck it. I stopped going there when they raised the prices to 6 bucks and started putting less food in the sandwiches. I'll stop in for falafel once in a while but I won't pay for real food anymore unless I'm absolutely in a hurry and it's the quickest thing to get. Go check out Mark Burger on St Marks between 2nd and 3rd, opposite side of the street from Mamoun's and closer to 2nd. Great sliders, fries are good too and I keep hearing rumors about the black and white shake being the best shake in the city.

NYU isn't the only good law school in the city but it and Columbia are the best. I could always shoot for Fordham which is #3, nothing wrong with that. I could see myself working in the DA's office, I feel like I'd love it, but I still have plenty of time to decide. Also no point robbing your apartment since even your jerseys are too big for me now, I can fit into a 44 now. Even my baseball jerseys are kinda big and they're all 48's.

Yeah well.

I'll check that out. I was going to a place near Union Square that had awesome shakes and I think they closed, which was unfortunate.

Glad I don't have to worry about that anymore (/sarcasm) I guess I'll just have to take your 48s when you decide to replace them with 44s. I keep trying to get into the gym and drop a few pounds, but I always seem to have some sort of health problem or injury these days which prevents me from getting into it fully. Not that I'm upset with where I'm at. One day, hopefully.

I probably won't even attempt to replace my 48's because most of them are impossible to replace, it took me forever to get the core four done. If anything I'll just start buying smaller sizes and if I'm lucky enough I'll try to get he 48's signed and frame them. Seems like the Russell's are getting harder to find with the jock tags for the right years, or if they do show up they're overpriced or have some crappy player on them and it's not worth the cost to strip them. Losing 70lbs wasn't really the plan, but now that I did there's no point going backwards. I did treat myself to Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory and a peanut butter shake from Shake Shack before the semester started, but that was my reward for walking Manhattan river to river from 104 and Riverside to Borough Hall in Brooklyn...in one day.

Can't talk to me about injuries though, I almost tore my calf getting out of the car last April. Put my foot down on the concrete in a parking lot and couldn't move, spent 2 weeks hobbling around campus on crutches. Went to see Nightwish at the Beacon on my birthday last year with broken nose guy and got half my tooth knocked out by some drunk a****** who thought it would be a good idea to start a mosh pit in the middle of the aisle in the lower balcony, and then there was this year's birthday also spent with broken nose guy and a bunch of strangers whose primary language was not English, at a BBQ in Prospect Park where I was beaten about the head and shoulders with a frisbee by an angry Hispanic girl who was accidentally hit in the back of the head with said frisbee. Apparently not yelling "heads up" is cause for being assaulted with a plastic disc these days. The first two were cause for sympathy from the ladies in class, the last is just funny as hell.

Mike's a buzzkill lol. I'll post what I bought last night when I get a chance, I'm mildly intoxicated and may post something inappropriate instead.

Would any of you guys happen to have a blank, grey Cool Base nameplate lying around? Enough to accommodate five letters? Let's talk $.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a Pirates jersey outside of either a team store (if the store at PNC Park is open during the offseason or if they have retail stores in the city like the Yankees do here) or shop.mlb.com. They're not exactly the most popular jersey, especially blank. They're also absurdly expensive and eBay almost certainly won't have blanks listed.

You can try sportsk since they sell tons of baseball stuff

You can try sportsk since they sell tons of baseball stuff

That was the first place I looked before I replied, they only have the CoolBase alternates and they're expensive.

In other news, Steiner sucks.

So, just a little rant. When I was at the Stadium for the last home game, I ordered a giant 16x20 black and white picture of Mariano running in from the bullpen that was sitting in the Steiner store. Now, I didn't feel like lugging it home on the train because it's a 2 hour ride almost at that time of night and I didn't want it to get damaged/stolen, so I had them ship it to me. After waiting 3 weeks for it and constantly calling the rep to find out what the hell was going on, it showed up yesterday......in color.

Needless to say I'm not happy and I'm sending it back and I'm just done with the whole thing. Steiner sucks, never again. I'd rather have the $160 bucks in my pocket at this point.

Edit: NOW I'm really livid. Not only did they take two weeks to get the ###### thing to me, but they charged me $212 for something that I was told costs $150 + $10 shipping. This is outrageous, I'm never dealing with Steiner again. I'm calling my rep first thing Monday morning and probably screaming at the top of my lungs. I'm gonna go get drunk now.

A few new editions

Road Jeter

14wdn3d.jpg

2dvllci.jpg

Home Rivera

2ennqdx.jpg

epj1n8.jpg

Fashion Jersey Rivera Custom (Matched the color pattern to the NY logo and added an MLB patch to match the color)

28jiaes.jpg

1zzmf6h.jpg

double post: delete

I need one of those and the steinbrenner/sheppard patches for the Jeter.

Get the Steinbrenner/Sheppard patches from SportsK, they have the best repros since the real ones were never retailed. Also, the Rivera has the wrong jock tag for the Rivera patch. Majestic changed their jock tags for the 2012 season to remove the "athletic". See here:

http://www.projerseytalk.com/mlb-jersey-talk/mlb-jock-tag-guide/15/

Trivial? Sure, but some people care about things like that and it's good knowledge to have anyway.

I did not even notice that minor difference with the jock tag. Looks like I'll have to find another eventually. I appreciate the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Got myself another new pickup today, I'll post pictures in a bit. I use my bed for jersey pics and it's a mess since I just got back from class.

Edit: Here it is, 1996-1999 authentic Russell Athletic Yankees home jersey, BNWT.

DSCN3877_zps550602f4.jpg

The numbers are atrocious, looks like it was purchased blank and numbered after the fact. Doesn't matter, they'll be coming off eventually so this can become the only thing it should be, a 1999 WS Mariano Rivera jersey

DSCN3878_zps10a360e9.jpg