The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love you guys. Dude's sending me pictures today, seems like a good collector type guy because he had no qualms with sending pictures, so I'll throw them on here. Thanks, especially you Brilliant...I swear you love writing essays on jerseys haha.

I think so. They seem to sell legit stuff.

They came in! Thoughts?

P1121463.jpg

P1121462.jpg

P1121461.jpg

P1121460.jpg

P1121459.jpg

P1121458.jpg

Oh, and I tried on an XL and it fit fine, so I need a 48? Are they really the same?

You're golden. That one's legit. The chain-stitched crest and underarm gussets are a dead giveaway. The price tag too. $169.99 for a blank baseball jersey. How ludicrous is that? I say go for it. A 48 might be a little tight for CoolBase but you should be good to go.

Mike, where did you get your Argenis Reyes game issued? Because I have the exact same jersey in my hands that I got in Citi field. I'm guessing they had multiple jerseys issued for him? I would assume they wore a different one each game to sell, but it just was a shock seeing the exact same jersey. Not trying to accuse you of anything, just wondering.

You're golden. That one's legit. The chain-stitched crest and underarm gussets are a dead giveaway. The price tag too. $169.99 for a blank baseball jersey. How ludicrous is that? I say go for it. A 48 might be a little tight for CoolBase but you should be good to go.

Awesome, thanks man! I guess I'll have to stop working out so much...because that is why it'd be tight...no other reason... :unsure:

You are definitely good on the Phils as Brilliant! posted.

Awesome, thanks for your help as well man! Can never hurt to have too many opinions.

So thanks to everyone that gave me a hand with this...it came it and it looks and fits great!

• 2 weeks later...

There's a few things to look out for in baseball fakes to anyone who may not know. The most obvious one is the MLB logo on the back. Fakes always have them embroided in the back of the jersey.. The real ones have a patch sewn on. So that one has to be seen up close..also fake jerseys use the material that replicas use. Ebay is nothing but fakes. I got a Yankees Authentic from sportsK and a buddy of mine got a phillies from there and they're accurate and reliable with customizations.

I also find it funny when people advertize and say that a 50 jersey is "authentic". One little problem with mlb, theres no such thing as a 50 in an authentic baseball jersey (and basketball too).

Yeah, those look fine. The biggest clue is the price. He's not charging $35 for a $159 jersey. But, it's definitely good. The underarm gussets are the best way to tell.

If your looking for that authentic Mets jersey my cousin has a 44 and a 48 hes looking to get rid of (Yes there blank and there real not a cheap knockoff) and yea thats real.

Negative:

http://public.fotki.com/Friggy/jersey-collection/game-worn-mlb-jerseys/new-york-yankees-21.html

To be fair though, I think 50 is a 'players only' size.

maybe player ones are but majestic dont sell retail authentics in size 50.

• 1 month later...

There's a few things to look out for in baseball fakes to anyone who may not know. The most obvious one is the MLB logo on the back. Fakes always have them embroided in the back of the jersey.. The real ones have a patch sewn on. So that one has to be seen up close..also fake jerseys use the material that replicas use.

I'd like to quote OR68's post just to remind you guys, and NYI seeing in your first picture how the MLB jersey is sewn on so it's probably legit.