The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

What happened to the year tag on the Expos? 982? Boy, I didn't know the Expos went back to the Middle Ages!

Did not notice that, oh well, just a tag so not gonna bother returning. I know it is a legit M&N since I got it from MLBShop.com.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes on the Dawson

i own this one

I think my font looks pretty close, what major issue do you see with it?

I seriously can't believe Mariano Rivera tore his ACL. The greatest closer in baseball history just had his career ended. I can't believe this.....

Those pinstripe Angels jerseys were awful. They never should have gone away from the red and navy halo style. That's the one that sticks out most to me. Even their 3rd jersey was great back then:

Who are you putting on that nice jersey? Disney ruins a lot of things, the 1997-2001 Angels jerseys was one of them, along with the Wild Wing jersey. The interlocking CA is starting to grow on me. The pinstripes are awful but then again that's what I like about them. That's when I discovered baseball, and I am happy I did because I found my team even if most Angels fans hate those years. Plus I have the alternate hat from 97 that gets many conversations going when I wear it.

That one will become a Chili Davis jersey very shortly. I tend to stick to former, current or future Yankees players on most of my stuff.

That one will become a Chili Davis jersey very shortly. I tend to stick to former, current or future Yankees players on most of my stuff.

Nice choice. Too bad I was too young to see him play as a member of the Angels.

Just leaving this here for posterity, I am still extremely excited about it...

Nice Halladay. One of my favorite non-Angels players.

I might as well post these even though I have to send them back to Mike, since they're the one bright spot of yet another weekend stuck in the house writing a friggin paper. College sucks! Anyway, my Yankees project is back and (almost) complete. Here goes:

I thought I'd be disappointed with this first one because it didn't pan out the way I wanted, but I'm actually really happy with it. I wanted to make it a Derek Jeter '96 World Series rookie jersey, but the 51 had other ideas when Mike tried to strip it, so I was stuck with Bernie. That wasn't really a problem, so:

Authentic Russell Bernie Williams 1999 World Series home jersey w/Joe DiMaggio memorial #5 and black armband:

DSCN1521.jpg

DSCN1522.jpg

This next one Mike killed himself with. This is what it looked like when I got it:

DSCN1299.jpg

The adhesive residue was REALLY bad when Mike stripped the numbers, to the point where I thought I was pretty well screwed and stuck with a jersey I really wouldn't have been happy with. Now though, it's AWESOME!

Authentic Russell Jorge Posada 2000 World Series jersey w/black armband:

DSCN1517.jpg

DSCN1518.jpg

This one I debated for a while whether to add an armband and Steinbrenner/Sheppard patches and in the end decided to wait since he's starting tomorrow, but I kind of wish I had gone with the patches because I think they would have looked great.

Majestic authentic Andy Pettitte 2010-present road jersey:

DSCN1516.jpg

Last but sure as hell not least, the piece de resistance of my project.

Authentic Russell Mariano Rivera 9/11 2001 World Series home jersey w/American League 100 Seasons patch, American Flag patch and black armband:

DSCN1519.jpg

DSCN1520.jpg

I'm really happy with these, but unfortunately there was so much friggin adhesive on the patches for the Rivera and Posada jerseys that Mike's needle kept backing off and he wasn't able to stitch them on, so now I have to see where I can get that done. Other than that and a relatively minor mishap that will remain unspecified and be corrected, I'm gonna enjoy these and it was money well spent.

I have my eye on a blank Phillies jersey, but no clue how to tell if it's fake or not. Any advice?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120908929720#ht_500wt_1202

Here it is, please don't steal it lol.

What gives it away? And I'm a real big fan of this one. Thanks pal.

Definitely legit. The Cool Base tag on the lower front is supposed to be screened/heat applied (w/e it's called)...the fakes have it sewn on.

Right. The heat-pressed jocktag is the biggest giveaway. The fakes have it sewn on. Also, the material on the close-ups look good. The embroidered Majestic logo and the detail of the CoolBase. It's almost like a sponge. Definitely legit. Buy it now.

Thanks guys. Now I just need to figure out where the hell to get it done up...anyone know who does these?

Thanks guys. Now I just need to figure out where the hell to get it done up...anyone know who does these?

I hear sanitation does a great job with Phillies jerseys :P

:mellow:

Anyone interested in some Twins and Rays Russell Athletic size 52 blanks?

shoot me an email if so.

LYKENSENTERTAINMENT@COMCAST.NET

B)

Gotta say that's a great find. Love that jersey.

Thanks man. Shall be an Utley I believe, although a Hamels is enticing.

Thanks man. Shall be an Utley I believe, although a Hamels is enticing.

A guy who probably won't play a game this season or a guy who's going to walk at the end of the season? I dunno if I'd go with either of those, but I also don't know what other options there are because I have no idea when that was used recently.

• 2 weeks later...

After years of looking I FINALLY found a 1990 Cubs Rawlings road jersey. This one will be joining its home version brother to get the 1990 All star game patch and I'll finally have some Dawson jerseys in my collection!

Untitled-2.jpg

BTW - I've started a new baseball jersey blog that will chronicle the "double knit era" for the Cubs. Here's the link, if you are interested... Blue Pinstripe

Just got this in.

Authentic Russell Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez New York Yankees Home Jersey

IMG_6648.jpg

IMG_6649.jpg

Now the original plan was to make this into a 1999 World Series jersey, since that was his best year, but he pitched away in that Series. However, the year before was his rookie year and he pitched at home in the 1998 World Series. Should I make this into a 1998 World Series jersey, or do I make a 1999 Home jersey, with or without the WS patch, but with the memorial armband and #5 on the sleeve?

Just got this in.

Authentic Russell Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez New York Yankees Home Jersey

Now the original plan was to make this into a 1999 World Series jersey, since that was his best year, but he pitched away in that Series. However, the year before was his rookie year and he pitched at home in the 1998 World Series. Should I make this into a 1998 World Series jersey, or do I make a 1999 Home jersey, with or without the WS patch, but with the memorial armband and #5 on the sleeve?

Nice jersey. 98 WS.

Yeah and even has a Met hater, I couldn't turn that game off. 99 jersey looks flashier because of the armband and the 5, an El Duque rookie jersey isn't something you'll see though.