The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Agreed, Russell's are definitely short. They're also heavier than Majestic (including double knit) which is nice because you can tell that the quality is much better, but it's not such a good thing in the summer. I really like Russell jerseys though.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow that carter mets is killer!

I've been working on these for a while! Best one first... this is a 1984 Wilson (no Mitchell and Ness repro here!) Cubs home jersey, numbered for Keith Moreland and sporting the correct division champ patch (by the way, thanks to HawksFanInDC for the BIG help on this one!):

96a99e08.jpg

44d849cd.jpg

This is a 1994 Dunston with MLB 125th anniversary patch:

544fc77c.jpg

743ce6a4.jpg

And a 1998 Kerry Wood (rookie year) with the correct Harry Carey and Jack Brickhouse patches. (Just like what he wore when he threw 20 strikeouts in that game on May 6!):

9a6486a7.jpg

fd37dfce.jpg

Kinda cool that these three chronicle the changes in the 80s/90s to the Cubby Bear logo on the sleeves.

WHOA nice Cubbies Wilson jersey with the patch. That baby is sweet. I have a similar one...which consequently I just got the same patch for yesterday...but it's a Sand-Knit one:

Cubscirca1984SandKnitauthentic-vi.jpg

The Wilson one is definitely nicer though. Where'd you get the patch from?

EDIT: Oh and speaking of wood...anybody seeing the Yankees 1912 throwbacks in Fenway today?? HOLY CRAP! I swear, if they cancel my backordered two jerseys that I bought yesterday, I will go on a twelve-state killing spree.

I like all the patches on the Cubs jerseys especially the cub patch on the Dunston and the Harry Carey patch.

Love the Cubs jerseys. Have been looking for an '84 patch for this new pickup. Found one on ebay the other week, but didn't jump on it quick enough. Pretty pissed at myself now.

Going to be a Sandberg

IMG_2588_1-vi.jpg

1335131541[/url]' post='92523']

Love the Cubs jerseys. Have been looking for an '84 patch for this new pickup. Found one on ebay the other week, but didn't jump on it quick enough. Pretty pissed at myself now.

Going to be a Sandberg

I wish I had a patch for you - the other one I have is for a home jersey. That will make a sweet 23!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up, sold it and then re acquired it.

DSC00385.jpg

Nice. I always liked those Angels jerseys, I wish they'd go back to them or something similar.

Nice. I always liked those Angels jerseys, I wish they'd go back to them or something similar.

There are very few people who actually like them. Usually fans of other baseball teams like that jersey and logo, many Angels fans treat it like most Isles fans treat the Fishticks logo. The Angels had their 50th Anniversary last year and each jersey through out the years was represented. Those logos along with the uniforms were not even mentioned at all which is sad because that is when I started to watch baseball. It was a sorry 5 or so years for the Angels but personally I will always like that logo no matter how childish it looks.

lol Pujols

I wish the Angels would go back to the days where they weren't pretending to be from LA and before Senor Moneybags tried to turned them into wannabe Yankees, because Red SAWX Nation already has that douchebaggery monopolized. I was actually happy to see them win in 2002 just because they kept Bonds from getting a ring, but then I wouldn't have had to do that had Hudson and Mulder sucked worst than Zito.

Barry Zito sucks.

I know we a hockey here but I think this is great. Mitchell and Ness Andre Dawson 1982 Expos jersey with All Star Game patch. Love the Hawk and since the Expos are now the Nationals it works for me. Behind that my Mitchell and Ness 1987 Dawson road Cubs jersey. Mike and his crew got rid of the incorrect font 8 and replaced it a while back, great work as always.

DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1296.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

Awesome Dawsons!! My favorite baseball player.

Did you re-do the name on the blue? The font on that was wrong too, well the size of the font was what was incorrect. I keep meaning to toss my M&N version up for sale one day since I have a Rawlings version. Great pickups.

Yeah, the California Angels of the 90's were much better. Not as a team, just as a name, and with their uniforms. The interlocking CA was a better logo for them, too.

Those pinstripe Angels jerseys were awful. They never should have gone away from the red and navy halo style. That's the one that sticks out most to me. Even their 3rd jersey was great back then:

ls3rdcirca1995Russellauthentic-vi.jpg

the raines is a milestone shirt he got his 1000th hit in it !!!

I also hav a spike ownes, mark langston , juniro noboa , tim wallach, andres galaraga , oil can Boyd and many others

I love the expos my favourite team ever ........unfortunately that crook Bud selig stole them from under us

The ROCK!! Outstanding!! I loved him when he was on the Yanks. He had the perfect combination of speed and power.

EDIT: I'll never forget the night that he, Jeter and Paul O'Neill went back-to-back-to-back against Cleveland in the 1997 playoffs. That was awesome. God, I really hate the effing Indians.

i hope one day MLB writers do the right thing and elect the Rock into the hall of fame trust me MIKE I guarantee if he gets the call my son and i will be there watching...(of course my 7 year old will wonder why we are there but hey ill have fun explaining!)

Honestly, I don't know how he's not there already. 800+ stolen bases? I mean, come on already. Also, he was one of the best lead-off hitters of all-time. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the only ones better than he were Rickey Henderson and Jackie Robinson.

Honestly, I don't know how he's not there already. 800+ stolen bases? I mean, come on already. Also, he was one of the best lead-off hitters of all-time. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the only ones better than he were Rickey Henderson and Jackie Robinson.

Are you saying Brady Anderson wasnt better? lol I agree 100% its a shame really i think the main reason is because he played his most productive years in Montreal, i am confident the writers will do the right thing and elect him just like they did the Hawk and the Kid god rest his soul.

I wonder if Vlad will make it one day or Pedro? does Pedro go in an expo? ###### i wish i had my team back!!!

Awesome Dawsons!! My favorite baseball player.

Did you re-do the name on the blue? The font on that was wrong too, well the size of the font was what was incorrect. I keep meaning to toss my M&N version up for sale one day since I have a Rawlings version. Great pickups.

I did not alter the name, did not know it was off. Will probably leave as is but thanks for the heads up.