Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOnTheSpot

The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

671 posts in this topic

Probably not. The backed ones are the real deal though so go for it and just take the back off.

Can anyone confirm if the MLB logo on the back of the neck of Authentic Cool Base jerseys is different in material and/or application than the newer Flex Base jerseys? The Flex Base ones are more plastic, but I can't confirm what the pre-2016 jerseys had.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

12 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Can anyone confirm if the MLB logo on the back of the neck of Authentic Cool Base jerseys is different in material and/or application than the newer Flex Base jerseys?

Yes, they are different. The cool base is the same logo as the older poly style. The flex base MLB logo is now plastic and ribbed. 

thanks for confirming!

5 hours ago, Committed said:

image_zpsmkrbstuj.jpeg

Thanks. You don't by chance have the older version do you? I ask because I'm probably buying one from circa 2014/15 and want to make sure I've got all the details.

its got the right jock tag, wash tags and looks very legit in pics but I'll be able to see it in person first and all the details I can gather would be helpful. Can't find a close up online.

thanks again!

No problem at all, buddy. Let me know if you need anything else. I have a few MLB jerseys I need to get rid of. Are you looking for anything in particular?

The Majestic logo has a trademark "R" sewn into the design. *hard to see on my photo but all authentic jerseys will have this. 

image_zpsmeeff64i.jpeg

image_zpswsri1jhs.jpeg

4 hours ago, Committed said:

No problem at all, buddy. Let me know if you need anything else. I have a few MLB jerseys I need to get rid of. Are you looking for anything in particular?

The Majestic logo has a trademark "R" sewn into the design. *hard to see on my photo but all authentic jerseys will have this. 

image_zpsmeeff64i.jpeg

image_zpswsri1jhs.jpeg

Thanks. Sale ended up falling through locally. I was looking at a blank Chicago Cubs home jersey, the cool base kind pre-flex base changeover. It was only gonna run me $60 for an authentic, new with tags, but it fell through locally. Not seeing many blanks at all, although some local shops have that era customized. Might call around and see if anyone has anything in that price range.

Be aware that if you're looking for the older embroidered MLB logo, they had team-specific colors. Depending on the team you want, you'd have to find the patch to match those colors.

Sizes 44-52 are harder to find since the WS win. PTF sports on eBay is always a good source for blanks. 

I have a blue alt 48 Bryant cool base NWT if your interested. $150 + shipping. 

Keep me posted if I can help further. 

I was given a Bryant flex base alt as a gift, so I'm good there.

Thanka for the help as always guys!

Anytime buddy! Keep me posted if you find any Schwarber and I'll be in touch about any blanks I find. 

13 hours ago, Committed said:

Anytime buddy! Keep me posted if you find any Schwarber and I'll be in touch about any blanks I find. 

Mlbshop.com has a sale today on authentics if you aren't receiving their emails.

Question for you experts: How common are bogus baseball game-worn jerseys on the market? In the last six weeks I have nabbed six low cost minor league gamers. I trust all of the sellers that I've interacted with so far (one came with an LOA, another came from the team, the others seem legit). However, as I hunt on ebay more and more, I can't help wondering if I am bidding on fakes. It's not like these jerseys have stick and puck marks to photomatch. 

There's not much of a market for fake minor league stuff. You're probably fine.

Gah. I've fallen into the same trap with minor league baseball gamers that I was in when I first started buying replica and authentic hockey jerseys. Grabbing all sorts of random jerseys from eBay. Good things these are only costing me $60 a pop. 

Speaking of Minor League Baseball, I'll just leave this here...

http://baconvstacos.com/

I picked up my first 46 today. Clearly these things are not like hockey jerseys. I needed to grease myself just to be able to fit into this danm thing. 

14 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

I picked up my first 46 today. Clearly these things are not like hockey jerseys. I needed to grease myself just to be able to fit into this danm thing. 

What jersey/brand? I found that going with a size above my t-shirts (48/XL) works well for layering even though I could have gone with my shirt size for a slimmer fit(44/L). 

Hope I can get an answer here. But does anyone know of a customizer I can use that is capable of lettering the new specialty jerseys such as mothers/fathers day, and Memorial Day thanks.

EPS I believe. 

I know they've done the stars and stripes before