The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Thank you very much for your replies. Is there anyone official that I could/should contact about this? As he's agreed to the refund, even eBay won't be involved, so it seems that he'll just continue selling fakes. He'll even probably resell the shirt I was sent.

You can still report him to eBay for selling fakes, and of course you could contact Majestic but I doubt anything will really happen.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reported the listing and opened a case too. I figure that even if eBay just tell me to send it back (which i'm assuming they will) then it's on record and much harder for him to refuse the refund. I guess i'm going to have to save and pay the proper price for a legit top. Thanks for all of your help everyone.

Getting legit Pirates jerseys on the cheap shouldn't be too hard once you know what to look for. I've scored Yankees authentics (which are in significantly higher demand than Pirates jerseys) for 60 bucks or less recently, most of which have been for around 40 bucks.

Some Cubs that I recently acquired:

Castro 2011 All Star...

500bbfe8.jpg

8d5e2e9d.jpg

And a mid 1940's throwback from the May 4, 2011 game with the Dodgers (team blank to which I added Sean Marshall's number). I can't get this thing unwrinkled. It must have been crumpled in an equipment bag for months. I've been ironing the crap out of it...

a8ec65d6.jpg

20d9bf26.jpg

Big jersey day in my home - another LONG awaited jersey arrived. 20 years ago after my grandfather died we found this jersey in his closet. Apparently it is from a local (Chicago) team that played in the 1930's.

IMG_1351.jpg

The guys at EFF finally came through with this reproduction...

d375b807.jpg

I know this is a pretty generic question, but how do the MLB jerseys fit? Im looking to pick up one of the Jays new jerseys and I'm really unaware of how baseball jerseys fit. I havent decided if I want an authentic or replica so info on sizes would be great.

If it helps at all, I am 6'5 and about 215 pounds. I also wear a 52 in Edge jerseys.

One more thing.... I see on mlb.com they have the regular authentic jersey, and cool base jerseys. Is the difference worth the price differential? Do they both fit the same?

Thanks everyone.

I'd say the Cool Base and the regulars fit the same. The Cool Base is, well, cooler (from a temp perspective). When I go to a game in the summer I typically wear a cool base jersey. But the older double knits are a heavier fabric and more substantial. I prefer them, actually.

And if you wear a 52 in an edge jersey I'd bet a 48 would be plenty big.

I'd say the Cool Base and the regulars fit the same. The Cool Base is, well, cooler (from a temp perspective). When I go to a game in the summer I typically wear a cool base jersey. But the older double knits are a heavier fabric and more substantial. I prefer them, actually.

And if you wear a 52 in an edge jersey I'd bet a 48 would be plenty big.

Sweet, thanks for the info!

That Deltas jersey is killer! I love the old flannel ones. They feel like wearing a burlap sack. It's awesome. Why did they add the red pinstriping along the collar and placket though? Or is that actually on the game one and I don't see it properly?

That Deltas jersey is killer! I love the old flannel ones. They feel like wearing a burlap sack. It's awesome. Why did they add the red pinstriping along the collar and placket though? Or is that actually on the game one and I don't see it properly?

Yeah - it's on the original, but really faded/beat up.

IMG_1164.jpg

Hey all, I'm thinking of turning a Yankees jersey to a 2001 world series jersey - with the World Series patch, 100-year AL patch, 9/11 black armband, and the US Flag over the mlb logo on the back. Anyone know where I may be able to get this done and for how much?

Thanks for the help, new to MLB jerseys.

Hey all, I'm thinking of turning a Yankees jersey to a 2001 world series jersey - with the World Series patch, 100-year AL patch, 9/11 black armband, and the US Flag over the mlb logo on the back. Anyone know where I may be able to get this done and for how much?

Thanks for the help, new to MLB jerseys.

Brilliant! (Mike) is doing mine, along with a few other jerseys I sent him. Patches are available at SportsK.com. You'll also need a black armband if you want it to be accurate, which you can get from EPS. EPS can the work also, obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question about MLB jersey material. Did teams go through a change last year? For example, here are two Majestic jerseys for the same player/same year (sets 1 and 2), however the tagging on the lower hem is different (sewn vs screened) and the material looks slightly different as well. Thoughts?

Set 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320832570264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1052wt_827

Set 2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230733154402?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1052wt_827

Quick question about MLB jersey material. Did teams go through a change last year? For example, here are two Majestic jerseys for the same player/same year (sets 1 and 2), however the tagging on the lower hem is different (sewn vs screened) and the material looks slightly different as well. Thoughts?

Set 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320832570264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1052wt_827

Set 2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230733154402?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1052wt_827

Set 1 would be double knit and the second Cool Base. Think of it as Edge 2.0 vs 1.0 for hockey. One is sturdy and the other one stretchy. Personally they are both good in quality of jersey. Cool base was introduced in 2005 I think for a while players had a choice and now most teams have chose what type a team wears for home, away, alternate, ect. I am not sure about this year, the guys on JC made a list for last year on what teams wore what. Plus no way anyone even bothers faking a Cubs jersey. :lol:

I hate those CoolBase jerseys, personally. I mean, I know they're lighter and they're supposed to keep you cool in the summer, but the Yankees don't use them (thank god) and I prefer double knit anyway. The Majestic double knit jerseys are noticeably lighter than the old Russell ones anyway, so it's fine by me.

Just received these two from EPS. One of my grails is this Erstad jersey and my 1st cool base jersey.

Darin Erstad Home

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Jered Weaver Sleeveless Alternate

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

gotcha, thanks. I thought cool base was just for warmup jerseys.

Set 1 would be double knit and the second Cool Base. Think of it as Edge 2.0 vs 1.0 for hockey. One is sturdy and the other one stretchy. Personally they are both good in quality of jersey. Cool base was introduced in 2005 I think for a while players had a choice and now most teams have chose what type a team wears for home, away, alternate, ect. I am not sure about this year, the guys on JC made a list for last year on what teams wore what. Plus no way anyone even bothers faking a Cubs jersey. :lol:

gotcha, thanks. I thought cool base was just for warmup jerseys.

Your welcome. The warm ups are cool base I think and are letter sizing instead of numerical.

Your welcome. The warm ups are cool base I think and are letter sizing instead of numerical.

Cool Base BP jerseys are numerical sizing as well (well, team issued/gamers are numerical)

Nice jerseys Woodward777. Two great players.

That Griffey is legend.

I just picked up a Cubs 94-96 Russell authentic blank. I'm going to need a MLB 125th anni patch for it. Anyone know what I should be looking for so I know I find an authentic patch? Never bought one of those before...

Here's a gamer with the patch on it - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Oakland-As-Athletics-Game-Worn-Jersey-Karsay-125TH-MLB-Anniversary-Patch-/190655487135?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c63f3dc9f#ht_674wt_1163

There are a couple patches on eBay, but I don't know if they're good. I remember having one SOMEWHERE ages ago, that I probably didn't throw out, but I have no idea where it would be.