2011 NHL ASG Jersey

NYIJM29

You are talking about being snubbed? No Islander, Panther, Sabre, or Coyote is going to be in the game. I thought there was a rule where each team is guaranteed one player. At least now I don't have to buy a jersey.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are talking about being snubbed? No Islander, Panther, Sabre, or Coyote is going to be in the game. I thought there was a rule where each team is guaranteed one player. At least now I don't have to buy a jersey.

My sentiments, exactly. :angry:

Is it too early in the year to nominate something for post of the year?

It's never too early for that. A good sarcastic rant should always be celebrated. :thumbsup:

Hey, I feel bad for those teams, but also none of them are the top team in their conference. But seriously, apparently having a young star counts now, which is weird. It's pretty dumb to have so many glaring omissions.

As for the Red Wings, Zetterberg's been selected to 3 and hasn't played in any, correct? I'd snub him too. I think the NHL is still bitter about last year, where Datsyuk and Lidstrom refused to play. But yea, it is a big joke, just an annoying one for me.

Yeah, that's definitely a snub job. I just glanced over the roster, so I didn't notice the omissions. No Ryan Miller? What a joke...

I'm wondering if some players petitioned the league to not be included in the game.

Hey, I feel bad for those teams, but also none of them are the top team in their conference. But seriously, apparently having a young star counts now, which is weird. It's pretty dumb to have so many glaring omissions.

As for the Red Wings, Zetterberg's been selected to 3 and hasn't played in any, correct? I'd snub him too. I think the NHL is still bitter about last year, where Datsyuk and Lidstrom refused to play. But yea, it is a big joke, just an annoying one for me.

All were injured at the time of the ASG.

All were injured at the time of the ASG.

I thought they weren't injured "enough" for the NHL. I know Bettman took it personally, and weren't both suspended for a game afterwards? I hate how they're going about these games to be honest. Z definitely deserved an invite, I just think that past practices caused the NHL to overlook him, unfortunately.

Oh, and word on the street is some players asked not to be invited. My guess is Z would have fallen in that category, as he was mentioned as the most obvious example.

Yeah, that's definitely a snub job. I just glanced over the roster, so I didn't notice the omissions. No Ryan Miller? What a joke...

My guess is they decided to give Cam Ward the spot because it is in Carolina.

Somehow I don't think the players mind being snubbed. Especially those on contending teams. They want the rest for a long playoff run, not a meaningless game. Don't misconstrue me saying that they aren't worthy of being all stars, because I agree with you guys, Zetterberg deserves to be there.

Somehow I don't think the players mind being snubbed. Especially those on contending teams. They want the rest for a long playoff run, not a meaningless game. Don't misconstrue me saying that they aren't worthy of being all stars, because I agree with you guys, Zetterberg deserves to be there.

I think Briere got snubbed due to his suspension earlier this year. He mentioned numerous times wanting to go. But yea, I think teams with veterans and really solid cores like the Wings and Flyers don't mind it all too much. The Wings never struck me as a personal glory team, and the Flyers can't be that this year due to 15 different lines scoring every game haha.

Nice catch! Send it in to Icethetics.info!!!!!

Also, there will be authentic versions released for those fortunate enough to have players going. Maybe they will wear them for the Skillz Competition and I can buy a Grabner jersey :blush:

The numbering looks like Nashville's a little bit.

Hiller is nominated:) awesome...for me the best goalie at the moment in the NHL.

and he's swiss:)

does anybode hear something if the gamers will be auctioned after the game or sold trough meigray maybe???

Hiller is nominated:) awesome...for me the best goalie at the moment in the NHL.

and he's swiss:)

does anybode hear something if the gamers will be auctioned after the game or sold trough meigray maybe???

I think there are 4 sets: MeiGray gets one to auction, player gets one, NHLPA gets one, and MeiGray might get another set

I think there are 4 sets: MeiGray gets one to auction, player gets one, NHLPA gets one, and MeiGray might get another set

One for each...quarter? Where the hell are they getting 4 sets?

One for each...quarter? Where the hell are they getting 4 sets?

One for photos/community events/pre-game and one for each period. I wanna see the equipment managers sew everything to the jerseys. Actually, are they going with a new customization type? Similar to what Adidas did with the NBA jerseys last year and what Nike did with the college football jerseys?

One for photos/community events/pre-game and one for each period. I wanna see the equipment managers sew everything to the jerseys. Actually, are they going with a new customization type? Similar to what Adidas did with the NBA jerseys last year and what Nike did with the college football jerseys?

Ah, pre-game. Makes sense.

I dont mind the blue one. its not half bad at all

I dont mind the blue one. its not half bad at all

Ohhhh, the blue one is sweet. I hope Giroux gets sent to that team!

I thought they weren't injured "enough" for the NHL. I know Bettman took it personally, and weren't both suspended for a game afterwards? I hate how they're going about these games to be honest. Z definitely deserved an invite, I just think that past practices caused the NHL to overlook him, unfortunately.

Oh, and word on the street is some players asked not to be invited. My guess is Z would have fallen in that category, as he was mentioned as the most obvious example.

I think the rule was that you had to have missed a previous game due to the injury in order to not play in the ASG without consequences. This is more a popularity contest than an all star roster. If they wanted true all stars, choose the roster by stats, or have players/coaches/GM's vote. Oh well, I'll watch because I'm sure it will be an interesting weekend of hockey. Plus, it could very well be Lidstrom's last appearance in an ASG.

I've also heard the rumor that some players asked to not be included. Wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

I think the rule was that you had to have missed a previous game due to the injury in order to not play in the ASG without consequences. This is more a popularity contest than an all star roster. If they wanted true all stars, choose the roster by stats, or have players/coaches/GM's vote. Oh well, I'll watch because I'm sure it will be an interesting weekend of hockey. Plus, it could very well be Lidstrom's last appearance in an ASG.

I've also heard the rumor that some players asked to not be included. Wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

LeBrun tweeted it: http://twitter.com/real_espnlebrun

It's down there. And I don't like the game itself, I just like the notoriety of having players sent there. It's good for the players to get the recognition when it's deserved.