Help Me With This Jersey

DropkickMurphy8

Hey guys,

Just got some pics sent to me from my friend of the Rangers Liberty jersey he bought off eBay last week. The jersey was advertised as completely sewn, however the crest and shoulder patches clearly are not sewn, and the numbers on the back don't appear to be sewn to the jersey either. There is obvious stitching on the numbers when looking at them the outside, but when you look inside the jersey there's no stitching. First 3 are the back from the outside, the last one is from the inside. I can see the shape of the numbers from the inside, but there's no stitching there. Is there some kind of insert that I'm not aware of covering the stitching from the inside? On my Liberty jersey, and all my other jerseys, if you look inside you can see the stitching. This just looks wrong.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/2011-01-20_17-10-42_892.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/2011-01-20_17-10-32_335.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/2011-01-20_17-10-24_130.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/2011-01-20_17-12-57_705.jpg

Hey guys,

Just got some pics sent to me from my friend of the Rangers Liberty jersey he bought off eBay last week. The jersey was advertised as completely sewn, however the crest and shoulder patches clearly are not sewn, and the numbers on the back don't appear to be sewn to the jersey either. There is obvious stitching on the numbers when looking at them the outside, but when you look inside the jersey there's no stitching. First 3 are the back from the outside, the last one is from the inside. I can see the shape of the numbers from the inside, but there's no stitching there. Is there some kind of insert that I'm not aware of covering the stitching from the inside? On my Liberty jersey, and all my other jerseys, if you look inside you can see the stitching. This just looks wrong.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/2011-01-20_17-10-42_892.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/2011-01-20_17-10-32_335.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/2011-01-20_17-10-24_130.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/2011-01-20_17-12-57_705.jpg

Sounds like the numbers are just heat pressed

the letters/numbers have a stitched edge but are not sewn through the jersey. It looks like they sewed everything off the jersey and then just heat sealed everything to the jersey. I've had a couple of replica's that had the same thing.

Technically it is completely sewn but the seller should have stated that it wasn't sewn through the jersey.

Yeah, the seller also advertised it as an "authentic", which it's not but my friend doesn't care about that. He paid $150 for it, for $150 I got my Lindros Liberty off the rack at a local retailer and the letters and numbers both on the back and sleeves are sewn through. I knew something was wrong as soon as I looked at the pictures.

On Edit - In fact, here's the listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110635512586&si=Ybp2X1oTtwzGnN6U7%252F8fARS5qWw%253D&viewitem=#ht_500wt_922

the letters/numbers have a stitched edge but are not sewn through the jersey. It looks like they sewed everything off the jersey and then just heat sealed everything to the jersey. I've had a couple of replica's that had the same thing.

Technically it is completely sewn but the seller should have stated that it wasn't sewn through the jersey.

He's going to. I know where to find a blank that can be sent to EPS to be properly customized. Even the name plate that shouldn't be there in the first place looks hideous in person from what he told me.

send it back

I used to have a white messier replica jersey (which had a nameplate) in 02. So the use of a nameplate on replicas were common so it isn't a knockoff. I also hated the liberty replicas because for the silver color they used a silver that blinds you. To me it looks like a mix of silver and grey and isnt so shiny on authentics. The later replicas made CCM used grey which i liked the best on these jerseys. Here's a case in point of what im talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-York-Rangers-Alt-Jersey-Theo-Fleury-L-/110639206121?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item19c29c4ee9

Edited by OR68

Yeah, but this nameplate isn't even the same color as the jersey. Not even close. None of the replicas I've seen had nameplates on them. He actually filed a dispute with eBay, won the dispute and was told he doesn't have to return the item, so now he's keeping it.

I used to have a white messier replica jersey (which had a nameplate) in 02. So the use of a nameplate on replicas were common so it isn't a knockoff. I also hated the liberty replicas because for the silver color they used a silver that blinds you. To me it looks like a mix of silver and grey and isnt so shiny on authentics. The later replicas made CCM used grey which i liked the best on these jerseys.

Yeah, but this nameplate isn't even the same color as the jersey. Not even close. None of the replicas I've seen had nameplates on them. He actually filed a dispute with eBay, won the dispute and was told he doesn't have to return the item, so now he's keeping it.

Now I don't know much about Rangers jerseys but I don't think the nameplate isn't the same colour as much as the glare of a flash on the twill to make it look like a different colour.

I just seen the auction pics...yea the shade of the nameplate is different than the jersey itself. My messier one was the same way. The nameplate white was brighter than the color of the jersey (the jersey wasnt dirty that's just how they were. Here's the gaborik one i had done. Like i said I hated how the replica's used a shiny silver and why i hated it and thats why i hated how it came out (at least the nameplate is the same shade as the jersey the pic is a little dark so it doesn't show but its the same shade).

2nsq4ix.jpg

Edited by OR68

That's just wrong bro....lol. I assume you're in NYC? If so, who do you use for customization?

I just seen the auction pics...yea the shade of the nameplate is different than the jersey itself. My messier one was the same way. The nameplate white was brighter than the color of the jersey (the jersey wasnt dirty that's just how they were. Here's the gaborik one i had done. Like i said I hated how the replica's used a shiny silver and why i hated it and thats why i hated how it came out (at least the nameplate is the same shade as the jersey the pic is a little dark so it doesn't show but its the same shade).

2nsq4ix.jpg

No, this thing looks horrible. The nameplate is a completely different color, I've seen it in person.

Now I don't know much about Rangers jerseys but I don't think the nameplate isn't the same colour as much as the glare of a flash on the twill to make it look like a different colour.

I got the kit from 20west (i wont ever do that again)..it is a bad pic of it (the numbers on the back are spaced out right so it looks like its wrong) but like i said i hated how it came out and im looking for a place that will do it right...

Edited by OR68

Yeah that kit does look kind of....glittery. Almost like something my sister would have on one of her shirts. I'm looking for a place locally to do it right. If you're in one of the boroughs and you find a place before I do, PM it to me.

I got the kit from 20west (i wont ever do that again)..like i said i hated how it came out and im looking for a place that will do it right...

Guys, please please PLEASE STOP quoting pictures. It just takes up extra time to load. If you have to quote something, make it text only. No more pictures.

I got the kit from 20west (i wont ever do that again)..

My negative views on 20West have been well documented on this board.

I would never trust them for a kit, especially a Rangers one.

My negative views on 20West have been well documented on this board.

I would never trust them for a kit, especially a Rangers one.

I wish i had seen these a few months ago or i would had never bought the kit from there...I'm going to try EPS since they say they can do it the exact way it was so time will tell (im still kind of new when it comes to customization places so any recommendations from anyone would be greatly appreciated). I bought this one for a gaborik and one for the blue home avery from jerseyexpress which i think came out great (I dont know the opinions of some about jerseyexpress in general but for a 1st time i thought it was 1000% better than 20 west).

Edited by OR68

No, this thing looks horrible. The nameplate is a completely different color, I've seen it in person.

I'm a bit confused. I thought you live in NYC and this jersey is being sold in MA. How did you see it in person?

It was actually being sold from PA. My friend was the buyer, he lives here :-)

I'm a bit confused. I thought you live in NYC and this jersey is being sold in MA. How did you see it in person?