What are Your Favorite Vintage Jersey(s)

jerseysKing

I miss the skate logo! Those Canucks jerseys were used from '90-'97. I don't think those will be reproduced be in the Vintage line, but they can be found on places like ebay easier that you'd think.

I hate the Rangers more than anything, but their '76-'78 jerseys with the shield and the modified Arial font numbers are among my favorites. Of course, these are included in the Vintage line, but since I grew up as an Islander fan, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of those!

On my favorites list, I forgot the KC Scouts home jersey. I think that one is a beaut. And the Rockies, too, which that team became. I love that logo, as it's the state of Colorado's flag shaped as a mountain. Anything that incorporates the home team's geographia makes it a winner with me. B)

• 2 weeks later...
I like the North Stars 93 jersey, and the Canucks yellow 89 home jerseys. I get compliments every time i wear mine.

The Northstars jerseys were pretty nice too.

Welcome to the board Sens

The Northstars jerseys were pretty nice too.

Welcome to the board Sens

One of the teams I played for a few years ago was called the Northport Stars and we wore the North Stars jerseys. I enjoyed that because I got a new NHL sweater for my collection and only had to pay the normal league fee regardless.

I like the old NorthStars jerseys worn from 1988-91, that had the black stripe added. The only problem is when I wear it, people think I'm from Minnesota (we have a lot of visitors and transplants from there).

I like the old NorthStars jerseys worn from 1988-91, that had the black stripe added. The only problem is when I wear it, people think I'm from Minnesota (we have a lot of visitors and transplants from there).

It's always interesting when a hockey area has a lot of transplant fans from another area. It's interesting to see where they're all from. There's actually (apparently) an incredible number of transplant Buffalo fans in Carolina, who came out of the woodwork during the ECF last year.

In Phoenix, almost everyone if from someplace else, usually the Northeast or the Midwest. This is why teams here get such bandwagon support. It's normal for the Coyotes, Diamondbacks and Cardinals to have a sizeable percentage of fans cheering for the other team. That's the worst part about Phoenix. That and the summers, otherwise, I doubt I'll ever leave it. My wife and I don't like snow, so this place is perfect for us.

In Phoenix, almost everyone if from someplace else, usually the Northeast or the Midwest. This is why teams here get such bandwagon support. It's normal for the Coyotes, Diamondbacks and Cardinals to have a sizeable percentage of fans cheering for the other team. That's the worst part about Phoenix. That and the summers, otherwise, I doubt I'll ever leave it. My wife and I don't like snow, so this place is perfect for us.

Ahh. See, you're the opposite of me. I love the cold. My wife is afraid of going too far North. We were on Long Island for a while, now we're about 2 hours north, nearly to Albany. She seems to be warming up to the idea of finally moving to Canada (my dream) now that the kids are out of the house and she's decided to root Montreal based on their mascot alone. I'll always be a Sabres fan (though I do like the Habs) but I'm not gonna argue when she (immaturely!) roots against me if it means we might finally move up over the border.

Ahh. See, you're the opposite of me. I love the cold. My wife is afraid of going too far North. We were on Long Island for a while, now we're about 2 hours north, nearly to Albany. She seems to be warming up to the idea of finally moving to Canada (my dream) now that the kids are out of the house and she's decided to root Montreal based on their mascot alone. I'll always be a Sabres fan (though I do like the Habs) but I'm not gonna argue when she (immaturely!) roots against me if it means we might finally move up over the border.

OK, so your wife likes Youppi!, then?

OK, so your wife likes Youppi!, then?

Yep. She's set him as the desktop on our computer...

I love the white Canadiens jerseys that MTL wears occasionaly.

Which? The road jersey is white, but I like the older looking one more, which is probably which you're talking about, in which case we agree.

I think he meant the white one with the red and blue stripes cutting through the middle of the jersey, like the red one has. I liked that one white one (Vintage) enough to buy one.

Yep, that's the one I'm thinking of as well. I love it too. I am considering picking one up and considering getting my wife a red one with Youppi IF ice jerseys can do ! as the number.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh NO! I can't believe nobodys mentioned the greatest vintage jersey of all-time....the Whale!! Especially the one from the 80's that was seafoam green. It was the perfect tie-in!

That being said, I also loved the Nords, Jets and the old Star Trek Vancouver jerseys with the V-neck and the logo on the sleeves. That baby was HOT HOT HOT!

Oh NO! I can't believe nobodys mentioned the greatest vintage jersey of all-time....the Whale!! Especially the one from the 80's that was seafoam green. It was the perfect tie-in!

That being said, I also loved the Nords, Jets and the old Star Trek Vancouver jerseys with the V-neck and the logo on the sleeves. That baby was HOT HOT HOT!

Welcome to the boards Brilliant, I know the Whale was mentioned in another thread but I guess nobody thought to mention them here. Yes, that was a nice looking jersey.

My favorites:

*Los Angeles Kings Yellow Late 60's

*Quebec Nordiques Blue

*Winnepeg Jets Blue (80's)

*Atlanta Flames Red

*Boston Bruins Black (early 70's)

*Minnesota North Stars (Green 91-92)

I always thought one of the underrated jerseys from the classic era was the old Toronto jersey from the 70's. The one with the white stripe on the arm and the little leaf on the shoulder.

SittlerLeaf.jpg

I don't know what it is about that one but it's just great looking.

I always thought one of the underrated jerseys from the classic era was the old Toronto jersey from the 70's. The one with the white stripe on the arm and the little leaf on the shoulder.

SittlerLeaf.jpg

I don't know what it is about that one but it's just great looking.

I also like this one. I'd take that set over the current ones they wear.

I also like this one. I'd take that set over the current pnes they wear.

Reminds me of Mike Palmateer knocking the Isles out of the quarterfinals in the late 70s. Haunting memories of a traumatic experience for a 9-year old, but the jersey is nice enough to own one, which I do. Therapy, :lol::skaterblu: