NHL Superheros?????

what is this??? It may be neat to some but, I think there are bigger issues the league should deal with, unless the Leafs are planning on putting the giant tree hero in net to block all shots.... :PMSN news report NHL gets comical

I for one think it is a great idea for the league and the teams. this can branch out to bigger things like toys, comics, sticker books , collector cards, mascots...ect

This is also a great idea to attract kids. VERY FORWARD THINKING I ACTUALLY APPLAUD THE NHL ON THIS ONE!

However i am not sure some of these characters are going to last very long. The canadiens guy looks like a what if iron man and cobra commander had a kid.

theres one that looks exactly like wolverine and the ranger dude i riding on what appears to like a barrel with handle bars.

Sorry for the skepticism but this is flat out DUMB.

This sadly reminds me of the NHL on FOX with the animated robots who would come up after a goal and demomstrate ways of killing each other to score a goal.

Seriously, just leave hockey alone. We don't need cheerleaders, we don't need a Fantasy Draft for the All star game, and we certainly don't need Cartoon Characters to embody our teams.

This All Star year has started as a TOTAL bust. Hopefully some magic happens in the skills competition tonight...

fantasy draft actually made me watch . Dont get me wrong i am a purist i even hate the shootout and i have no issues with ties, But as far as marketing stuff i think the nhl is starting to get it. Wether it be with shows like 24/7 or the comic characters they are all things that help sell the game in every market. I dont see this as an attack on the heritage or history of the game.

The nhl for years did nothing to promote the game now that they finally do things they are criticized un justifiably.

This is the kind of stuff the nfl has been doing for 20 years. The comic thing was done by the nfl with all the starting quarterbacks 20 or so years ago. HARD KNOCKS a 24/7 like show has been on tv for 10 years its about time the nhl become progressive do not compare this to glowing puck!

The fantasy draft was awesome, my buddy and I did mock drafts and loser had to buy the first round.

As for the superheroes, I am skeptical, as some of the characters are a bit, meh, but I will give it some time before I truly knock it, if it gets more people, then great, but I will reserve judgment until then. Most of us on this board are in the 16 and older range, so let's remember, we might think the Guardian Project seems a bit silly, but in the end, we are not the target audience.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought that the guardian project was really lame.