Cleaning Jerseys Suggestion

OR68

Im not sure if this is in the right section but i have a question for all and since i didnt see anything about cleaning jerseys I would throw it here. What is the best type of method to wash/clean authentics like the starter mesh that would limit/protect the jersey from being damaged/faded out?

I'm sure everybody has their own methods.

Some will say NEVER wash your jerseys to protect them from fading, colors bleeding, crest warping, etc...

However, in the cases where you have to wash an Authentic, (remove stains etc...) I have found good success with either Hand Washed in COLD water. You can also do the Gentle Cycle of a washing machine again with COLD. Reason being for cold water A) Hot will set a stain and can also increase chances of color bleeding. B) Less prone to warping the crest as the warm or hot water will cause the glue residue to heat up.

If you are doing stain removal, try adding oxy clean to the water with your regular detergent (MAKE SURE NON BLEACH)

If you are just doing a basic wash, turn the jersey inside out to protect the crest better from snags.

Like mentioned, everyone has their own method but i've never had an issue using the above methods.

My Berard Isles jersey was stained pretty bad (I think there are pictures in the "It arrived today thread") and I put soap on the stains and let it sit overnight and then washed it (inside out) on cold and let it air dry. After 5 washes, the stains came out (it was stained pretty bad)

Thanks to everyone and their input..

Turn the jersey inside-out and iron the back of the crest with a lot of steam. DON'T leave the iron in any one spot though. Keep it in constant motion so you don't scorch anything. That always works for me.

• 3 months later...

I'm curious if anyones had any issues with a single wash, gentle cycle all the good stuff, fraying the crest's edges on a premier jersey.

The Edges of my B's crest seems to have freyed from it's one trip into the washer. but it's only the edges, all of the stitching etc inside is fine.

Or am I just blind and it was always like that and I just didn't notice.

http://imageshack.us/f/714/img20110507182726.jpg/

Edited by Hitman84