New Tampa Bay Lightning Jersey

NYIJM29

oddball here, and i like them. the white, eh, but really like the blue. i understand people ripping the patch design, but, i still like it. yzerman is putting his stamp on this, and i didn't realize detroit owned rights to the single stripe?

bruins fans freaked when the pens went black/gold in the 80s, but they got over it.

anyway, it's a polarizing jersey, i happen to be on the side that likes them....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not into it, looks like Leafs jerseys with a terribly uncreative logo. I thought the Lightning were one of the few teams who actually came out of the Edge switch with a better looking jersey, these are just boring. as one commenter on puck daddy said, it looks like a hockey jersey out of a commercial where they didn't want to pay for licensing so they just have some guy skating around with a generic logo.

EDIT: and the BOLTS jerseys are just awful, same as the SENS. don't put a nickname on a jersey, especially as the crest. if Colorado ever busts out AVS for the crest, I'm out.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-848866674-1296500959.jpg?ymfzJfEDdx3Ux5nm

I AM CORNHOLIO!

(as far as the jerseys, I'm kinda "meh" ... it's all been down hill in TB since they ditched the paintbrush font)

JR over on the ModSquadHockey forums added a few details in MS Paint that actually make them look A LOT better.

See the two jerseys on the right...

tblredone.jpg

I like them except for the logo.

Those edited MS Paint jerseys look very good (compared to the originals).

I think they achieve a few things...

1. Stray away from copying the Red Wings template with added striping

2. Stray away from copying the Maple Leafs color scheme and the addition of black and silver makes them more identifiable to the Lightning organization

3. The added shading in the crest makes it a lot less bland

Just better overall. They still achieve a classic look but they're also much more "Tampa Bay Lightning", if that makes sense. Just encompass the organization better.

I think they should keep the current white and black jerseys and change out the Alternate jersey.

Not only do those new jerseys look like crap to me but the lettering is boring.I would love to see them bring back that electric font they used on their old Alternate jerseys

Terrible, terrible... shouldn't be allowed.

I agree the MS Paint job fixes the "concept" a lot... but still the lightning could have a lot of fun with their branding.

What's with all the "retro" jerseys? They're getting so boring. No one has any unique ideas. I've been thinking about this since they started coming out. Soon enough people will be overjoyed when the next Wildwing jersey comes out - at least it will be original.

If this s*** keeps happening I'm putting a CV together and moving to the States to sort this s*** out. Hah.

All I can say is you guys are all going to be buying replicas or authentics of it eventually. Don't even try to deny it :lol:

I won't. I don't buy jerseys that bore the hell out of me. I proudly own the old ones, even the Bolts. Not these abominations. They look like Blades of Steel uniforms.

logopowerrangersteeshir.jpg

Are you sure they didn't see the jersey 1st cuz that T-Shirt is BANG ON! MY GOD!!

Who let the Five year old's pick the new jersey!?!?! Did they get the board members kids to come in an draw a jersey with some crayon?

Best colored-in jersey without going outside the lines wins?!??!

This is what happens when you let a third grader with an etch-a-sketch design a logo.

monalisaetchascketch.jpg

I have to say those new jersey are hidious..by far the worst lightning jerseys they ever had..What are they playin for team flash?

I think those jerseys are great! I think the simple design of the jersey looks nice and the logo looks awesome in my opinion. I love that the logo is just a nice clean symbol, not a circle with text in it, not a cartoonish-drawing, not a big letter, and it doesn't have the team name or location spelled out in it...it's a symbol.

Seems like everyone is pre-programmed to reject any new uniform.