2011 NHL Trade Deadline

lafountain

So the deadline is a little over 3 weeks away, what (if any) big name players do you think are going to get dealt this season? Which team is ready to call it a seasons and which teams will make the moves to try and get to that next level?

Unfortunately, the Isles already dealt away their expandable pieces (Wisniewski and Roloson). I really don't think anybody on the Isles would be traded. Maybe Konopka (Vancouver expressed interest....he is great on faceoffs and is a great leader..that is about it though). There is interest in Josh Bailey, but I don't see him being moved. Macdonald and Nielsen may also be discussed, but neither are going to be traded.

Rangers trade Matt Gilroy to Calgary for Jarome Iginla.*

I've been out of town and not on the interwebs lately and thought this might have been real (part of a package of course, would never happen straight up).

You're a bad man Mr. Brilliant!

htfd_gilroy_b_sm.jpgbu_gilroy_back_sm.jpg

I would trade the Caps 1st round pick for a competent coach.

Jack Capuano for Boudreau...deal?

The Isles need a goalie...quick.

List of goalies the Isles had/have on their roster:

Roloson traded

DiPietro out 4-6 weeks, placed on IR

Nabokov suspended indefinitely

Lawson day to day (earliest is Friday)

Poulin sprained his knee no time table EDIT: Done for the season...needs knee surgery

Koskinen was shaky

Joel Martin was in the Central Hockey League at the start of this year.

Edited by NYIJM29

Why do you think the Isles let Emery get through waivers? He would have been worth a shot.

I know..would have loved him here. At least Emery can take a punch lol. Supposedly Garth Snow is trying to trade for a veteran goalie.

Nabokov screwed you over. Koskinen is the answer!

Mikko needs to develop his game in the AHL. The loss last night was not his fault, but there were a couple of shots he could have stopped that went in. Poulin is the future. I mean, he fits right in with Ricky D. :wacko:

I don't know if anyone saw this, but this is funny: http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2011/02/waiver-wire-evgeni-nabokov-meets-with.html

There is a rumor that Kaberle is going to the rangers, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Jack Capuano for Boudreau...deal?

Keyword here being competent, as in not any homeless bum Wang drags off the street. Besides, if you guys aren't losing enough money already, paying for that fat ######'s meals will send Wang straight into bankruptcy.

Al Montoya for a 6th rd pick...to the NYI.

Great... :wacko:

At least Montoya will be getting shelled instead of Koskinen (there is still hope for Mikko :thumbsup: !)

Edit: Link: http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2011/02/islanders-get-their-goalie-al-montoyaacquired-from-phoenix-for-a-sixth-round-pick/

i read yesterday an article on web that Gaborik is also a trade possibility for the Rangers. because they need cap space for Callahan, Dubinsky, anisimov and others. And also because they want to sign UFA Brad Richards for next season...

i don't know how real this article is...but many can happen until end of February.

Maybe Alex Kovalev finds the fountain of youth and helps Montreal win the cup.

As I wrote that I swear I can hear the Habs fans plotting my demise...

Also, I think Carolina has the most room under the cap- if they think they can get in, I see them making a deal.

i read yesterday an article on web that Gaborik is also a trade possibility for the Rangers. because they need cap space for Callahan, Dubinsky, anisimov and others. And also because they want to sign UFA Brad Richards for next season...

i don't know how real this article is...but many can happen until end of February.

Nah the article meant Glen Sather is listening to offers, which translates to "he's not being traded, but you can try idiots"

The funny thing is Sather will get confused and actually be the rage bidder :P

Sather owns the art of the trade. Its his world, everyone just tries to trade for his secrets.

UFAs? Different story.