Need Help with Skate Laces

NYIJM29

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Color Laces for Bauer Vapor RX20?

• White
    • Black
    • Yellow
    • Other-please state

Hey. I play roller hockey and I want to get longer laces for my skates. I am terrible with colors. Which color should I do? They came with white laces, but my old Rbk's had black and I don't know which one looks better.

The yellow choice is more of a joke. I would never do that lol.

IMG_4534.jpg

Roller hockey is not real hockey, so go with pink laces. :P

I have black laces on my Bauer ice skates. Yellow laces on anything other than Grafs makes you a greenlife52 level douchebag.

Hey. I play roller hockey and I want to get longer laces for my skates. I am terrible with colors. Which color should I do? They came with white laces, but my old Rbk's had black and I don't know which one looks better. The yellow choice is more of a joke. I would never do that lol. IMG_4534.jpg

The yellow choice is more of a joke

I have black in my old rx20 skates and black in my x40 ice skates, My new Rx25 have YELLOW! LOL

Haha nice. I am going to order black. One of my teammates said do orange. He also plays ice and one of his teammates had the orange laces and it distracted the whole team during practice, so they cut the guy's laces after lol.

I'm a traditional guy, I like white laces on my skates and that's about it.

Not to hijack the thread, but who else in our community plays hockey?

Not to hijack the thread, but who else in our community plays hockey?

Used to for about 13 years...Had to give it up...Got a little older and the games were starting later..Waking up and going to work got harder and harder.

In my playing days I had the thrill of playing the Flyers' Alumni team on two ocassions :thumbsup:

I still hit the ponds whenever possible!

My vote is WHITE laces. Roller hockey isn't as easy as people think so I'm not gonna be a #@!breaker.

I agree - laces like stick tape, should be white.

Interesting. And definitely feel free to post playing hockey experiences.

5 years old- Ice skating class-->promoted to hockey class --> asked to join league. However, my mom wouldn't let me due to checking/scheduling (would have interfered with school later on)

8 y/o-11: roller hockey goalie

16 y/o-present: roller hockey skater

I use white tape on the blade because I hate taking off black tape lol. The puck is black so I like the fact it hides the puck, but it just leaves black marks on everything. The butt end of the stick I use the light blue gauze that Tavares/other players use.

I think I am going with the black laces...gonna place the order.

If you are a forward use black tape on your blade because it's harder for the goalie to pick up the shot. If you are a defenseman or goalie use white tape for your blade because it blends into the ice and gives shooters the illusion that they have more room to work with. If you are a roller hockey player man up and play the real stuff on ice. :trollface:

Haha. I am not serious enough to do ice. Next year in college, I might join the ice hockey club team.

I am a forward I just hate black tape. Do you know which brand is the least "messy"?

My suggestion would be to go with whatever color the primary color is on your teams jersey, but other than that, black.

Our jersey is red and the season is ending (3-4 more games including playoffs). It actually worked out great...my pants are red,silver, and black, like my skates, and my helmet is black. However, my gloves are Buffalo Sabres navy and yellow (color of my college for next year). I asked my female cousin and she said go with black because it matches everything. So I went with black.